Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

It's just ran in :)
    28922603933_06a212d4ec_b.jpg

Plenty more left yet :cool:
    27821830362_36f9f7af07_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Love the Golf toyotafanboi best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Toyotafanboi were you on the m50 yesterday at around 5pm? White golf passed me with pressed plates WW which looked a lot like yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Hit 50k yesterday in the Golf van. Treated it to a coat of Collinite Wax for the winter.

DSC_0166_zpsm13qwkgk.jpg

DSC_0156_zpsup9offnu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

bear1 wrote: »
    Toyotafanboi were you on the m50 yesterday at around 5pm? White golf passed me with pressed plates WW which looked a lot like yours.

Going southbound, it could well have been me.

Though I do pass another white 162WW highline with pressed plates some mornings, it's a Sinnotts car though, not Frank Keane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Going southbound, it could well have been me.

Though I do pass another white 162WW highline with pressed plates some mornings, it's a Sinnotts car though, not Frank Keane.

Yeah southbound, I was about to turn off for Galway when it caught my eye and then the long white sticker at the back seemed familiar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Yellow fogs installed today.

396617.jpg

396618.jpg
    *Forgot ass pic.
    396623.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

New rims look the business that car looks very familiar, are you in Cork somewhere?

Truckermal wrote: »
    New rims look the business that car looks very familiar, are you in Cork somewhere?

It's mostly in Limerick City/Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Test fitted Style 65's to the Touring last night, sport bumper and some lows and she'll be savage :)

IMG_20160909_175633_zpscrcydecb.jpg

IMG_20160909_175606_zpsj7ureeq8.jpg

• Advertisement

The touring is coming along nicely, can't believe it's the same crusty one you showed us only a few weeks ago :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I picked up this bangernomics purchase this week, just passed NCT and fairly tidy for it's age, the small dent in the wing it's only blemish.

Just need roof bars and a couple of bike carriers, and it'll do for bringing the son mountain biking.

Hate the alloys though!

21opoxh.jpg

EDIT: 3 Estates posted in quick succession, they're like buses!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

The touring is coming along nicely, can't believe it's the same crusty one you showed us only a few weeks ago :eek:

Cheers! There was a half decent car lying underneath it! She's almost ready for the test so hopefully it'll be worth it!

Cheers! There was a half decent car lying underneath it! She's almost ready for the test so hopefully it'll be worth it!

It's a smashing car, makes me sad I'm selling my own, I've to go back to a bangernomics for a while :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

29589159065_1e6c191d85_c.jpgNew Car by Chooons, on Flickr

Back in college so needed Bangernomics wheels for the year:

Volvo S40 1.8 Petrol
    NCT May 17
    Nice cream leather interior
    Lots of gadgets - Upgraded Stereo, cruise, auto climate, lights, wipers etc
    €1500 with a months warrantee

Super comfortable but feels a little sluggish. Happy out for the year anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^ i'm a fan of the Volvo ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Choons,

Really fresh looking Volvo. I really like the look of them.

1500 isnt bad for what your getting. Serioulsy thinking of picking one up if the insurance didnt rob me..

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

carzony wrote: »
    Choons,

Really fresh looking Volvo. I really like the look of them.

1500 isnt bad for what your getting. Serioulsy thinking of picking one up if the insurance didnt rob me..

Very very solid well built car but I would try for the 2.0 if possible. Not really a boy racers car so insurance rating should be comparatively low. I'm 26, 5 years NCB and paying 600.

One thing I forgot to check before buying was an Aux input! Seems to be no easy way of wiring in so I'm using an FM transmitter for podcasts. Does have a 6 CD player :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Dutchie

48miUS.jpg
    NKBIg2.jpg
    wzH1X4.jpg

Bought this Audi A6 Avant Black Edition on Thursday. I'm not 100% happy with it as I traded in my 141 A6 saloon against it, which i loved.
    Any feedback appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Realising now how difficult it will be keeping this car clean over the winter.

396672.jpg

396673.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Dutchie wrote: »

Bought this Audi A6 Avant Black Edition on Thursday. I'm not 100% happy with it as I traded in my 141 A6 saloon against it, which i loved.
    Any feedback appreciated.

Fabulous looking car, I love the look of the current A6 Avant. What specifically are you unhappy with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I can't think of anything that I wouldn't like about a new A6 Avant Black edition. Is it s-tronic? Why no front fog lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭JoeA3

*Kol* wrote: »
    I can't think of anything that I wouldn't like about a new A6 Avant Black edition. Is it s-tropic? Why no front fog lights?

A lot of the new Audi's don't have front fogs now, I think they omit them when you spec LED headlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

*Kol* wrote: »
    I can't think of anything that I wouldn't like about a new A6 Avant Black edition. Is it s-tropic? Why no front fog lights?

Where the front fog light button is there is an all weather lights button which are essentially fog lights just built into the lights. Almost all the new Audis have this set up the b9 A4 for example has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Fabulous looking car, I love the look of the current A6 Avant. What specifically are you unhappy with?

Agreed, looks great, what is there to be unhappy about?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Probably just loved the old one loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

The change from saloon to estate is my guess. Gorgeous car!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Why anyone would spend €70k or whatever on a car they're not entirely happy with is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Dutchie

I thought i would like the shape more, that's the biggest change for me.
    I think the A4 Avant looks better than the saloon, and hopefully in time i will think the same about the A6.
    Other thing was my old A6 saloon had flappy paddles, this one doesn't and I miss them.
    For some reason fogs are an option and only standard on the RS6.
    Ride and handling are really good for such a big bus.
    BTW, The car was not 70k, no where near it.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

choons wrote: »
    Very very solid well built car but I would try for the 2.0 if possible. Not really a boy racers car so insurance rating should be comparatively low. I'm 26, 5 years NCB and paying 600.

One thing I forgot to check before buying was an Aux input! Seems to be no easy way of wiring in so I'm using an FM transmitter for podcasts. Does have a 6 CD player :pac:

I'm 24 and paying just under 600 myself. I've never needed/gotten insured on anything over a 1.6 so not really sure how much it'd go up.

25 in March so nearly over the 'Danger on the roads' stereotype the insurance companies like to consider us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement