Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Great call. What variant are you looking at?

Assuming it's one of the non performance variants, it's got to be the Highline surely.... It is ridiculously well spec'd now. Leather, Nav, keyless, rear led's, park sensors, rear camera, 18's...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Assuming it's one of the non performance variants, it's got to be the Highline surely.... It is ridiculously well spec'd now. Leather, Nav, keyless, rear led's, park sensors, rear camera, 18's...

Yeah, Highline. Spec is riddiculously good for the money.

1.6d, front and rear park sensors, reversing camera, active cruise control, nav, keyless go, rear led's, app connect and hands free, 18" Durbans, auto lights, wipers and rear view, privacy glass, climate control, auto folding mirrors, there's a grand bit of stuff in it :pac:

Had to be, had to be, had to be white and they didn't have any of the current highline in white in stock and we wanted to get the car registered before the end of the month to avail of the 0% offer. So we didn't get the heated leather, it has alcantara but we did get the panoramic sunroof instead which is a nice consolation prize.

We looked at another GTC and it was a tough call really. The figures were very similar for a GTC SRi limited ed in diesel or the Golf.

Not that we are expecting miracles from the Golf, we enjoyed our time with the Opel but it was a bit tempermental at times, it was a bit fat and "life's too short to buy the same car twice" etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Took her for a drive through the woods to celebrate her birthday.

k9ywrt.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Duff wrote: »
    Took her for a drive through the woods to celebrate her birthday.

Oh snap!! Mine is celebrating her birthday in September!!

320d M-Sport Auto

24497711294_6c6b6715ff_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Had to be, had to be, had to be white and they didn't have any of the current highline in white in stock and we wanted to get the car registered before the end of the month to avail of the 0% offer. So we didn't get the heated leather, it has alcantara but we did get the panoramic sunroof instead which is a nice consolation prize.

White? But why? So many nicer colours available on the Golf.

Nothing makes the omnipresent regular shape of the Golf look like an actual washing machine more than white does. :(

At least you managed the pano roof, that will help a good bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

dar83 wrote: »
    Nothing makes the omnipresent regular shape of the Golf look like an actual washing machine more than white does. :(

Where are these "nicer colours"?

There are 4 different shades of grey, 2x blues, 2x reds or black or white.

Screenshot_2016_08_28_10_53_55.jpg

The non metallic grey is desperate looking, as is the red. Plain silver is the definition of "I picked this colour for resale value" and the other 3 shades of silver/ grey really take away from the car imo.

The white looks fresh and smart imo, particulalry so with the contrast offered from the privacy glass and pan roof. I also found with the Astra that it's a fairly low maintenance colour which is good because it will be a high mileage car.

attachment.php?attachmentid=304&stc=1&d=1367404981

I'd tend to agree. The available colour palette on the standard Golf isn't too inspiring. White with the pano roof will look very smart imo.

But Limestone grey is actually very nice if you're looking at alternatives, it'd look really well with the 18's and the rear led's (it can look a bit drab on base spec).

If you've got the budget, spec xenons. Does wonders for the front end look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

White would probably be my choice too, but red would look class too.

Red actually looks really well on the Mk7 Golf (and I don't like it generally). But Limestone Grey is lovely in the right spec, which you've gone for, so I'd choose that over white any day of the week.

I'd go as far as choosing that on an R also, if I decided for some reason not to go for Lapiz. It looks gorgeous with the right alloy colour combo.

IMG_2188.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9

VWGolf110TDI-R-061.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭Wailin

Where are these "nicer colours"?

There are 4 different shades of grey, 2x blues, 2x reds or black or white.

The non metallic grey is desperate looking, as is the red.

The non metallic red is far nicer than the metallic variant which is shocking. Your right about the grey though (although looks really well in the GTi), but the pacific blue is by far the worst colour :eek:. With the highline, most of the colours won't appear as dull as say the comfortline or base model.

My missus has the highline in Limestone grey and I think it's the classiest colour available. White just does not do it for me either and only saw one yesterday. My opinion of course :pac: just have a good look before you pull the trigger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'm with Dar on this one. I know white has become a lot more popular but to me it always screams poverty spec / white goods.

A lovely day today for a spin out the wild Atlantic way...

C3AC23C7-F991-4AB0-8B4C-5BF2AC827984_zpsanbgeit6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I love the way on the current Golf the fuel tank door is styled, great attention to detail, looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

JoeA3 wrote: »
    A lovely day today for a spin out the wild Atlantic way...

Ugh... that blue though... horrid.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

The pair looking well this morning :)

29202873332_128c9ab6ba_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

^ W202 looking very good there fp. What model is it?
    Is that a Supra behind?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Great colour on the Mercedes. Come's up an absolute treat I must say. :cool:

tc20 wrote: »
    ^ W202 looking very good there fp. What model is it?
    Is that a Supra behind?

It's a 220 CDI, daily driver! Faithful, reliable sod of a car :)

What's behind it is my twin turbo Z32 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

What's behind it is my twin turbo Z32 :)

twin turbo z32... it does sound a LOT better than "What's behind is my fair lady" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

The 202 needs more boo. I couldn't even hear it when we passed each other, fp :P Great colour on it though!

• Advertisement

shietpilot wrote: »
    The 202 needs more boo. I couldn't even hear it when we passed each other, fp :P Great colour on it though!

They never boo even when straight piped and I'll never get this one to, even if I know how to make it boo... I have my ears on better sounds from the engine ;)

406 D-turbo: king of the booooooo :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

They never boo even when straight piped and I'll never get this one to, even if I know how to make it boo... I have my ears on better sounds from the engine ;)

406 D-turbo: king of the booooooo :cool:

Fake it til you make it, VW shtyle - just "repurpose" a VW soundaktor to make demonic pigeon noises rather than the usual "really drunk lion in a tunnel" noise.

That video reminds me of why I deactivated my Soundaktor and I've been much happier since. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

New badge fitted today.

Screenshot_2016_08_29_19_04_44_1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Went for a blast out of Westport once again this weekend, lovely roads and views!
    Car is very dirty, really needs a serious wash!

395661.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

my latest fixerupper purchase

got a bit bored of buying 1 liters for the moment

MzZhN2Y4ZjYxYmJlYmZmOTU2NWRiMjkyZGEzMWIwYTcF8UgUNYe8Puzq0GX3wD99aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181OTAyMzQ5MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,413 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

1.0 performance, 1.6 tax :)

Seriously though, they've aged very well. Still a pleasant enough car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

*wonders how you knew it wasn't a diesel* haha

but yeah the brother has a 99 one and I think it's a nice car to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,413 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You can see the 1.6 badge :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You can see the 1.6 badge :)

b5291bba7250abd12010644ca848dd75.jpg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement