Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Please Sir, let me know if and when you decide to sell it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

What a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

I was watching that Primera GT on DoneDeal for ages! Just couldn't justify more cars. It was for sale in early 2015 too with a noisy chain, has that been sorted since?

Looks like a real gem in the photos anyway, best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I was watching that Primera GT on DoneDeal for ages! Just couldn't justify more cars. It was for sale in early 2015 too with a noisy chain, has that been sorted since?

Looks like a real gem in the photos anyway, best of luck with it.

Thought you might have seen it for sale alright! Ya it's the same one, same guy who had it advertised, he had it since 2011. There is a metal / plastic chain guide between the cam gears that eventually wears, causing chain rattle... common problem on these, 99% that's the noise. Something which I can tackle myself handy enough, was a good bargaining tool. Overall a fairly staright car though, still plenty of NCT, for 600 blips ya can't go too wrong.

Bitta waffling there! To ans your question, hasn't been sorted but will soon :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

TrailerBob wrote: »
    Not to stoke a BMW war... but I think DZ's sig may have a not so subtle sheep reference.

Beats me why though since I'm the only one on the forum with an F30....

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Thought you might have seen it for sale alright! Ya it's the same one, same guy who had it advertised, he had it since 2011. There is a metal / plastic chain guide between the cam gears that eventually wears, causing chain rattle... common problem on these, 99% that's the noise. Something which I can tackle myself handy enough, was a good bargaining tool. Overall a fairly staright car though, still plenty of NCT, for 600 blips ya can't go too wrong.

If only I had known he would let it go so cheap :pac:

From what I understand, even when the cain gets rattly they very very rarely slip.

Damn I'm so jealous! Not that I need another car anyway:o

I should also clear up the meaning of my signature because it seems to be causing a lot of upset :confused:. It's not a personal dig at anyone on the forum, it's purely meant to represent the number of people now driving BMWs. Every 3rd/4th car I see on the road these days is a BMW. It's nothing about the 3 series either, it was simply the first picture that come up when you google "BMW sheep". I'll gladly change it if people are getting upset, I think they are a touch sensitive or maybe it's the Sunday morning hangover :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Full moon this weekend is what I blame

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

That Primera looks the business, always routed for them in the Touring Car Championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Primers GT.

Was that the one that was on the bangernomics thread a few months ago?

• Advertisement

Primers GT.

Was that the one that was on the bangernomics thread a few months ago?

I'm not sure but could have been alright as not many around, didn't see it posted.

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    I'm not sure but could have been alright as not many around, didn't see it posted.

I think I might have posted it :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The accord is in the garage having the dpf cleaned and reset blahh blahh blahhh

Anyway they gave me a lend of this little sh1t for the day........
    20160919_095143.jpg
    Have to say I'm surprised by it as it's a fun little thing to drive around town and has plenty of gadgets I'm a big fan of the android setup on the radio.

But for nearly 25 grand I wouldn't be caught dead buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I see your Honda Jazz and raise you a Transit 8-seater. :pac:
    Free loaner from the garage while car is in for service.

397319.jpg

Yup I lost out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yup I lost out there.

Whereabouts in NL are you?

How you finding it there?

Wrong poster I'm in wexford :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

East of country. Little south of Zwolle. Have been here since Jan of last of year. My OH is Dutch so she's the main reason why I'm here. :) I really like living here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

jayo26 wrote: »
    The accord is in the garage having the dpf cleaned and reset blahh blahh blahhh

Anyway they gave me a lend of this little sh1t for the day........

Have to say I'm surprised by it as it's a fun little thing to drive around town and has plenty of gadgets I'm a big fan of the android setup on the radio.

I hope you do the hands at every opportunity while in it?! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

dar83 wrote: »
    I hope you do the hands at every opportunity while in it?! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Just a trip for a burrito the other day:
    29711724781_bc1b78edf8_b.jpg

Visiting it's former home :cool:
    29501867920_97e5ac62ec_h.jpg

Blast from the past time! 2014:

10416632_886222694730513_1523109730078736049_n.jpg?oh=d2c57320500a3ee3609c011378905bb7&oe=5878B4AF

14344853_1258111830874929_3390651604780456411_n.jpg?oh=35d486f251765d97c0b03b4cd6d0e7c7&oe=587313E1

What W202 for 2018 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My little darling should be getting some new parts soon, thanks to a bit of cash freeing up! :D
    Pads, disks, tyres and maybe 1.8 calipers depending on the price! :D:D

2lnx2ro.jpg

FP, those wheels on the old black one were seriously cool. I do miss that car.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You sure do get around.

Is that a new lady friend?

You sure do get around.

Is that a new lady friend?

*Cough cough make it into a URL! :p

I sure do get around :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,414 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Uh oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Uh oh!

Its not the same when you don't say it in bold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jesus thanks. 15 mins later I read your post. Good job the mods are snoozing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

And oddly tame Snaps :D

And oddly tame Snaps :D

The real good stuff was only for me and.... :p

• Advertisement

The Primera made the trip back from Mayo to Wicklow today without skipping a beat.. very smooth and planted on the motorway. Very easy on petrol too, if the trip computer is to be believed I averaged 45.6mpg over the trip! I was taking it easy, but I reckon it's a tad optimistic. None the less if it's even close to that, not too bad at all.

Now it's time to give it the TLC it deserves, first thing was to get rid of the random mix of chinese ditchfinders, and put on some quality tyres. Proper oil and a good clean next, and to fix the timing rattle.

9nRRvpb.jpg
    G21P198.jpg
    Drywq9z.jpg
    GAaQbde.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement