Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Dutchie wrote: »
    Bought this Audi A6 Avant Black Edition on Thursday. I'm not 100% happy with it as I traded in my 141 A6 saloon against it, which i loved.
    Any feedback appreciated.

I'm with you there, traded in my car I had for 8years, loved it, bought a newish different brand, not setting my world on fire, fiddly control knob on centre console that controls a TV screen, to pick a station on the radio, and it's twitchy on corners, (horse and rider in harmony (the motto) indeed) I want my old one back, :o

(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

selous wrote: »
    I'm with you there, traded in my car I had for 8years, loved it, bought a newish different brand, not setting my world on fire, fiddly control knob on centre console that controls a TV screen, to pick a station on the radio, and it's twitchy on corners, (horse and rider in harmony (the motto) indeed) I want my old one back, :o

(

What did you get? Mazda 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Full wheel refurb finito.

IMG_4370_zpscv66usar.jpg~original

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Neither of these are mine, but these are what I've driven this morning.

The boss of a very good customer is due a service. As there are very few Lexus service centres around the place and he goes nowhere near either of the Dublin locations, I kindly offered to collect the car from the office and drop it to Finglas as I pass there on the way to work.

Collected this last night, drove home and dropped in to Mahony's this morning.

396963.jpg

To get me from Finglas to the office, my colleagues in service kindly arranged a rental car. I'm not sure how, but I will get them back for this....

396970.jpg

It's the SEAT version, and honestly, quite fun to drive. Takes me back to simpler times of small petrol engines where you just plant the right boot until the red line, change up and do the same again - only way to get any sort of progress.

Not pleased that the drivers seat rake adjustment is broken so far too upright for my liking, but it's only 20 mins to the office so I managed. I'm definitely getting out early today to collect the Lexus on the way home rather than doing the 100k's home and back to the dealer in the SEAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Thats definitely a hybrid badge on the sill of the Lexus yeah?

• Advertisement

Thats definitely a hybrid badge on the sill of the Lexus yeah?

Unfortunately, yes. Wish it was an RC-F, but it's just an RC300h F-Sport.

Stunning looking, but the performance doesn't match the looks. Very, very comfortable seats and nice and relaxing to drive, but not the Racing Car my 4 year old called it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

So what kind of competition would a car like that have here in Ireland? I saw a blue RC-f in Dublin ages ago and thought it was an odd one to go for over the likes of an M4, but I'm all about left field choices myself so my hat goes off to the owner!

So what kind of competition would a car like that have here in Ireland? I saw a blue RC-f in Dublin ages ago and thought it was an odd one to go for over the likes of an M4, but I'm all about left field choices myself so my hat goes off to the owner!

Mainstream choices would be the A5 Coupe or 4 Series Coupe, but pound for pound, you'd get a lot less in them than you do in the Lexus.

I was quoting this driver a Mustang 2.3T before this caught his eye - couldn't get the figures on the Mustang to work as resale is an even bigger unknown than the Lexus, so erred on the side of caution big time with the Mustang.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

That Lexus is an absolute beaut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Gave it a wash today :)

C91qwTw.jpg

TFwRe85.jpg

EfhAEGH.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

20160914_135941.jpgwarm one in wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

jayo26 wrote: »

Good to see more people supporting Down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

high horse wrote: »
    What did you get? Mazda 6?

Nah, way to big, got the 3, back to 2wd again...after 8years :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

My parents just bought this. Top spec sol model with heated seats, 17" alloys and rear tinted windows.
    I put two coats of collinite on it and changed plates today.
    Have to say i think it's a stunning upgrade compared to older versions.
    Great to drive and I think it looks great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Looks nice, I'd probably put the standard plates back if it were me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The plates suit the surrounding to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Nice car, plate makes it look 10 years older though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yellow plate on the back?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

It's going to take a while but for the last three days I have been really trying to enhance the paint on the car. Roughly two or three hours a night focusing on one panel :)

I am decontaminating the panel, compounding and two stage polishing.
    Sealing with Pentawax.

So the two front wings and bonnet are done.

It's not as clean as Foxhole's but god is it not glossy and damn near perfect :D

397060.jpg

397002.jpg

Another 11 days of panels to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yellow plate on the back?

Not quite, if it were a Dublin car I would never put them plates on but DL reg cars everywhere up here with them, definately a regional thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Front end Friday :)

2p3KOVz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

25908737523_40eea34f65_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Some minor adjustments were made following on advise from some lawds about going the straight pipe route...

2jcvtpj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Far freer flowing and really has a better top end now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Put a second one on it and you've a grand wheelbarrow :)

That's the resale value gone.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The 156 has aged very very well. Especially in the right colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

For the weekend that's in it. Up Mayo!! :) All kitted out!

a0bibo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Reusing an old photo, because it can :p

IMG_20160804_234252_zpsqu3fza8i.jpg

• Advertisement

Be more in your line to out the number plate on proplerly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement