Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Gave raid hour a miss today, was at a friend's last night who lives in the real city centre and did 9 remote raids, 3 of which were weather boosted :D Got a 98% without weather boost and a 96% with so didn't bother getting back to do more, saving my real passes for Zekrom :cool:

Also got a shiny Glameow the other day but I shan't evolve her and make her ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭josip

Canard wrote: »
    Also got a shiny Glameow the other day but I shan't evolve her and make her ugly

I made that very mistake last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No one in Finglas raiding again Verizon is the only one people popped up for a couple of weeks ago

Has anyone had a submission approved in the last ten days? I noticed that even the showcase waypoints are last week's ones revisited.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nope, and I've had a submission in voting for about a week now.

• Advertisement

Could be one of the reasons for the shutdown next Monday maybe they're slowing down submissions to overhaul the system. I screwed up applying for the permission last week answered the intro questions wrong so didn't qualify to assess things.

Crazy question is anyone out doing raids in Dublin city centre area during the day I've been advised to try rehabbing my foot with short walks and think I'll try Stephens Green or the quays for short term walking over the weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wish, I'm still stuck in Longford for the most part these days.

Angron wrote: »
    Nope, and I've had a submission in voting for about a week now.

Going on three weeks for some of mine.

Nearest gyms to me are ashtown and no one is doing level 5 raids my Bootman account is stuck on level 36 for the past 5 months due to the level of inactivity I'm hoping during the world safari zone I can break level 40 on both accounts my main account is 39 and stuck on the avatar incorrect nonsense tried all the advised WiFi related fixes none worked I'm hoping to finish the throwback challenge research tomorrow afternoon as I really don't want to pay for the bonus research

I don't pay for much in game but I've gone mental for remote raid passes. I went gold today on one of my new local gyms with a grand defender time of 2 days.

• Advertisement

I don't pay for much in game but I've gone mental for remote raid passes. I went gold today on one of my new local gyms with a grand defender time of 2 days.

I'm telling the others you've been spending real money :)

A wild ratata appears

josip wrote: »
    I'm telling the others you've been spending real money :)

I never said I wasn't!! Though it's actually my 3 credit I'm eating through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Has anyone had a submission approved in the last ten days? I noticed that even the showcase waypoints are last week's ones revisited.
    We had a new stop go through on Wednesday evening.

Nody wrote: »
    We had a new stop go through on Wednesday evening.

Thanks, at least I know they are moving. Possibly cause they're all in Greystones and there aren't massive numbers of local reviewers, they're taking a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Nearest gyms to me are ashtown and no one is doing level 5 raids my Bootman account is stuck on level 36 for the past 5 months due to the level of inactivity I'm hoping during the world safari zone I can break level 40 on both accounts my main account is 39 and stuck on the avatar incorrect nonsense tried all the advised WiFi related fixes none worked I'm hoping to finish the throwback challenge research tomorrow afternoon as I really don't want to pay for the bonus research

Me and my partner are near broombridge if you ever want to do a remote raid.

I'm up at top of Tolka Valley road so ashtown gyms are what I see I know further down towards broombridge there's quite a few gyms but I can't access them from here even remotely. I'm going out to Stephens Green shopping centre tomorrow to get something in Argos so I'm hoping to pop into the green for a walk might get some raiding done too

Game will be down from about 7pm until some time after midnight (if I have my times right) tonight.

7pm to 1am 6 hour down time

Shinx leaving research rewards tonight

Trapinch is the replacement

• Advertisement

Great battle switches to Ultra during shutdown

So 2500cp max Pokemon after shutdown

Got a shiny Alolan Marowak from a raid this morning :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I get that they can't give us anything too exciting for weekly rewards since they're handing them to us on a plate, but omg, Trapinch, bruh

Just hope it is BLUE

What kind of teams are people running for PvP Ultra League?

I've been doing ok with Giratina, Articuno and Venusaur. The former two only have two moves though (takes a lot of candy to teach an extra move to a legendary) and latter is really slow; I've just changed its fast move from Razor Leaf to the less powerful Vine Whip, so hopefully that will help with speed, and I could use Elite TM to teach it Frenzy Plant but not sure I wanna use up my one Elite TM just yet (then again, if I don't it might just sit there forever unused!)

Lots of people are running Swampert so having a grass type is a good idea. And your Giratina will almost certainly come up against another Giratina so be prepared for that. I've seen Armoured Mewtwo come up, as well as some steel types like Lucario and Scizor, presumably to counter fairy types; I tried using Metagross but it's even slower than Venusaur so I swapped it out for Articuno.

Champion throwback starts at 1pm if you finished all four throwback challenge it's free if you didn't you can buy a ticket it's on from 1pm today until 1pm Monday

No time limit to finish the tasks

Looks like a lot of emphasis on being perfect for these tasks hatch 15 eggs and win 15 raids being the standouts.

15/15/15 being the stats of a 4* Pokemon it's a nice play on that oh wait no it isn't ;)

I'm betting we all know who's gonna be able to finish this don't we :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Looks like a lot of emphasis on being perfect for these tasks hatch 15 eggs and win 15 raids being the standouts.

15/15/15 being the stats of a 4* Pokemon it's a nice play on that oh wait no it isn't ;)

I'm betting we all know who's gonna be able to finish this don't we :D
    It's not time-limited though so eventually everybody should be able to finish it even if you have to do 15 1* and 2* raids.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Champion throwback starts at 1pm if you finished all four throwback challenge it's free if you didn't you can buy a ticket it's on from 1pm today until 1pm Monday

No time limit to finish the tasks
    What annoys me though is they allow you to buy a "premium version" to get 10 candy per pokemon you'd normally get as well. However while that sounds as a way to get some snivy candy or what ever the reality is you're only getting 4 extra candy out of it because you can simply pineapple catch (they never run away) the normal spawns. So they want you to pay for 4 candy extra from the pokemons and we're only one step away from them selling rare candy as well...

Advertisement