Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Angron wrote: »
    Just got a shiny Aipom :D

nice, haven't seen much of these mentioned in Cork yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Funkyjaw

You'll love the "throw three excellent curveballs in a row" research task then :)

Do you know what the reward for that is?? Ive always dumped it :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Funkyjaw wrote: »
    Do you know what the reward for that is?? Ive always dumped it :D

Unless it changed recently, it's Larvitar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Unless it changed recently, it's Larvitar.
    Still is. Got that page bookmarked exactly for that purpose on my phone to check quickly but 99% of the time all pokemon rewards are useless to me anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Nody wrote: »
    Still is. Got that page bookmarked exactly for that purpose on my phone to check quickly but 99% of the time all pokemon rewards are useless to me anyway.

That is so handy, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You can apply for tickets for Go Fest Dortmund now.

https://pokemongolive.com/post/raidsonraidsonraids2019

Lapras raid day on the 25th, 11am to 2pm, as well as a special raid week from the 21st to the 28th, adding shiny Bronzor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Clampearl raid wooooooo hooooooooooooo

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Anyone having problems catching anything today? All I'm getting is error 25 and error 26. I've tried force closing and still no joy. Is it just me or are others having this?

I get that from time to time, haven't really noticed it today though.

Got a ticket for the Go Fest in Dortmund :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I'm relatively new to Pokemon Go, so hello!

I've a couple of tasks to catch steel and ghost types, but neither have appeared for me for ages. Is it just because of the Detective Pikachu promo that it's all bulbasaurs, aipoms, and psyducks, or am I looking in the wrong places?

Haven't got any errors today either Toots.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

I get that from time to time, haven't really noticed it today though.

Got a ticket for the Go Fest in Dortmund :D

See you there.... What day did you pick? I went with Friday

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Probably is the event - magnemite and ghosts are fairly common usually.

Didn’t realise they weren’t rotating the lake trio... can’t say I care really, they suck anyway

Jfrost wrote: »
    See you there.... What day did you pick? I went with Friday

I'm doing the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Toots wrote: »
    Anyone having problems catching anything today? All I'm getting is error 25 and error 26. I've tried force closing and still no joy. Is it just me or are others having this?

For error 25, if you can, close the app and then reopen it. The Pokémon reappears. Wait about 30 seconds and then you can click on it.
    No idea about error 26.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm relatively new to Pokemon Go, so hello!

I've a couple of tasks to catch steel and ghost types, but neither have appeared for me for ages. Is it just because of the Detective Pikachu promo that it's all bulbasaurs, aipoms, and psyducks, or am I looking in the wrong places?

Haven't got any errors today either Toots.
    Events have a tendency to skew things for sure; ghosts in general seem more common during the evening/night as I've yet to find any biodome (an area flagged to spawn a specific type more often) of relevance for them even if older articles out there claim things such as "castles for dragons" etc.

Nody wrote: »
    Events have a tendency to skew things for sure; ghosts in general seem more common during the evening/night as I've yet to find any biodome (an area flagged to spawn a specific type more often) of relevance for them even if older articles out there claim things such as "castles for dragons" etc.

I dragged a work mate back into it and now she's worse than I am!
    We walked to the train station looking for steel types and to a cathedral and graveyard today for ghosts but nothing.
    I did catch two Misdreavus after I posted earlier, passing a church funnily enough.

I think there's an event Sunday week, I'm working and won't be able to take part. I haven't had to work on a Sunday for years :/

I dragged a work mate back into it and now she's worse than I am!
    We walked to the train station looking for steel types and to a cathedral and graveyard today for ghosts but nothing.
    I did catch two Misdreavus after I posted earlier, passing a church funnily enough.

I think there's an event Sunday week, I'm working and won't be able to take part. I haven't had to work on a Sunday for years :/
    There's an event on this Sunday, Community day. Between 3 and 6pm, Torchic will spawn everywhere.

Oh, also, three new lures have been added to the shop. One is used to evolve Eevee into Leafeon, one for Glaceon, and the third is to evolve Magneton and Nosepass.

And finally, https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/sinnohandlureupdate/

A few more pokemon being added, including Gible :D

Oh, also, three new lures have been added to the shop. One is used to evolve Eevee into Leafeon, one for Glaceon, and the third is to evolve Magneton and Nosepass.

Just yesterday I got my last eeveelution, more to get now :)
    Though I've no eevees at the moment. I told you I was new :D

• Advertisement

Nicknames for the new Eevee evos are Rea to get a Glaceon, and Linnea to get Leafeon. As always, they'll only work once.

Few things on the new lures as I had a chance to use them. First of all the particles coming off them are slightly different than the normal once (green for the moss one, metal bars forming a circle never got to see the glacial one). To activate it you need to spin it but you also need to be really close to the damn lure; I'd guesstimate around 1/3 of actual spin distance to use it. You pick the pokemon you wish to evolve and if you're close enough you'll either have an evolve option (i.e. Nosepass normally have no evolution; now there's an evolution option) or in case of Eevee you'll instead of having a ? on evolve it will show the pass next to the evolve and you're guaranteed that evolution. The lure works for anyone who's there; not only yourself so obviously look for others to put them up instead of spending 200 gold on them (and they will come as special research task rewards later this year as well).

Had a good community day, 18 shiny Torchic, and a random shiny Aipom to boot.

Wow, 18!
    We (me and my son) got 4, so we at least have the shiny Torchic, Combusken and Blazekin now.

Didn't bother with this Community Day myself, I've always hated Blaziken (it's an ugly humanoid mess with no resemblance to a chicken at all) and its shiny is no less hideous. :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Taken from silphroad reddit;

As of 5/20/19, a complete Pokedex is 485
    This includes all regional Pokemon.

Kanto 151, with 4 regionals (Mr.Mime, Kangaskhan, Farfetch'd, Tauros)

Johto 100, with 2 regionals (Heracross, Corsola)

Hoenn 133, with 9 regionals, some of whom rotate (Tropius, Torkoal, Zangoose, Seviper, Solrock, Lunatone, relicanth, Illumise, Volbeat)

Sinnoh 99, with 6 regionals (Pachirisu, Chatot, Carnivine, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf)

Shellos and Gastrodon not counted as regionals because you can get the Pokemon essentially anywhere, just not both color variants.

And then gen 8's Meltan & Melmetal

I think there are 220 shiny Pokemon available now, and Bronzor/Bronzong coming tomorrow will make 222. This does not include hats but does include Alolan variants.

Next community day is Slakoth :pac:

https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/

Also, got a shiny Bronzor from a task,so that was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭phog

What was the task?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

phog wrote: »
    What was the task?

https://thesilphroad.com/research-tasks

Win a Raid

• Advertisement

I like it, slakoth candy can be a bit of pain to get and it has potential for raiding depending on the new move.

Advertisement