Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League Darts 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Yup can't disagree with it barring Whitlock perhaps. He had a good year though and overall probably derserved it more than Lewis or Van den Bergh et al

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I wouldn't have picked Michael Smith. He was rubbish when he was in it before and hasn't been amazing this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,772 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Johner wrote: »
    I wouldn't have picked Michael Smith. He was rubbish when he was in it before and hasn't been amazing this year.

reckon they could not think of a 10th person so they put a load of names in a hat and picked out him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

Healio wrote: »

my bad - cant believe they are still that high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

PTH2009 wrote: »
    reckon they could not think of a 10th person so they put a load of names in a hat and picked out him lol

Thats harsh, he had a pretty consistent year, consistemtly reaching QF etc., is ranked 13th I think the last I saw, had match darts against who we all now fawning over as the second coming and he has a high profile. Not sure why people are overly surprised, Whitlock a far more surprising call for me.

PS all that said I can't stand the bloke, a right moany fcuker even when he is winning!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

SlickRic wrote: »
    Whitlock is a terrible pick.

The rest make complete sense for one reason or another.

I initially read that as terrible pr1ck.

when will the matches be announced

They said were getting MVG vs Cross on the 1st Feb but how true that is we can't say ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

PTH2009 wrote: »
    when will the matches be announced

They said were getting MVG vs Cross on the 1st Feb but how true that is we can't say ??

World finalists always play eachother on night 1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Zero interest in this marketing gimmick

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Can't abide this glorified exhibition, boring as ****, I'd prefer to the Great Mongolian Bake Off.

TbL
    Zero interest in this marketing gimmick

TbL

How does it differ in that regard to any darts tournament? The more darts on tv the better surely?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

First year in a long time that I'm looking forward to this. It really needed a freshen up with new faces. I may still get sick of it after 3 or 4 weeks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

danganabu wrote: »
    How does it differ in that regard to any darts tournament? The more darts on tv the better surely?

Mainly coz it's not knockout.

It's repetitive and boring.

Not to mention that the result can be a draw, ffs, a draw in darts!!

I'd prefer to watch any match play tournament than this dross.

Great to see darts on the telly but this just doesn't float my boat

TbL

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I have to agree with ThebitterLemon, I am not a fan of the Premier League at all. It's incredibly monotonous and boring and is yet another in the long list of non-ranking tournaments on the calendar. It's a glorified exhibition tour.

With that said, I completely understand the need for it as it generates a lot of money for the PDC to put into prize money for other tournaments.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I have to agree with ThebitterLemon, I am not a fan of the Premier League at all. It's incredibly monotonous and boring and is yet another in the long list of non-ranking tournaments on the calendar. It's a glorified exhibition tour.

With that said, I completely understand the need for it as it generates a lot of money for the PDC to put into prize money for other tournaments.

and a big piss up for a lot of fans

there's a lot of suspicious match results esp if one player is safe and the others in danger of being eliminated 🀔🀔

there taking there time announcing the fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

Night One - February 1
    3Arena Dublin
    Mensur Suljovic v Simon Whitlock
    Gary Anderson v Michael Smith
    Daryl Gurney v Raymond van Barneveld
    Michael van Gerwen v Rob Cross
    Peter Wright v Gerwyn Price

kentoccfc wrote: »
    Night One - February 1
    3Arena Dublin
    Mensur Suljovic v Simon Whitlock
    Gary Anderson v Michael Smith
    Daryl Gurney v Raymond van Barneveld
    Michael van Gerwen v Rob Cross
    Peter Wright v Gerwyn Price

some great games there and its going to be an electric night in the 3arena. Staying in the spencer hotel down from the arena cant wait

looking forward to next thursday night in the 3arena

not looking forward to the €6.50 cans of orchard thieves though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Have two tickets for this but can't go ,not.physical tickets,36 a pop,sell for 60 , PayPal .

Forward tickets upon payment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

So my mom got myself and my dad tickets for Thursday for Christmas. I was looking in to it initially on ticketmaster but the only available tickets were up in the nosebleeds so I didn't think it was worth going. A colleague of my mom's has gone previously and always used Viagogo so she recommended them. Without knowing much about it my mom bought two tickets worth just over €100 each which were €35 face value. They are down the front of the tiered seating so of the cheaper priced tickets they are one of the better ones at least.

Basically I'm just looking for advice with the tickets as I've never used Viagogo before. It's a paper ticket which has me a bit worried. Have people had bad experiences with tickets being cancelled on them or dublicates being sold? Is there any way for me to verify with Ticketmaster that the ticket is still valid or is there a fear that they could then cancel on me if they got wind that it was bought from a third party. The sellers first name appears to have been spelled incorrectly (Eon rather than Eoin) which has is worrying but it could be a typo.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It's ll down to the honesty of the seller, I have bough expensive paper gig tickets before for my daughter and never had any problems just do your due diligence ad check what sort of a record the seller has if possible.

you would actually be surprised how good the view from the nosebleed seats are. they are plenty of big screens showing the action with scores visible. It's worth going for the atmosphere alone, obv there will be people there drunk out of there mind's and not paying one bit of attention to the darts but it's personal choice at the end of the day

looking forward to Thursday and hope it's a great night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Inquitus wrote: »
    It's ll down to the honesty of the seller, I have bough expensive paper gig tickets before for my daughter and never had any problems just do your due diligence ad check what sort of a record the seller has if possible.

Cheers. Can't seem to find the e-mail with the sellers name so can't go looking for them. To be fair I haven't heard many horror stories from Viagogo in a while so fingers crossed all's ok tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Have 3 tickets for this - €80 for the 3 if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

marvin80 wrote: »
    Have 3 tickets for this - €80 for the 3 if anyone is interested.

Still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

shteve wrote: »
    Still available?

Yep, send me a PM if you're interested

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

5 tickets for the darts tonight. 180 for the lot. Pm if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Looks a piss poor attendance.
    Maybe it will fill up quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Looks a piss poor attendance.
    Maybe it will fill up quick.

Lack of walk on girls probably :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

1st yaya/kolo chant of the night, unfortunately wont be the last

Advertisement