Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    Bruce narrows his eyes.

"That's a very direct statement for a new hire. Yeah I like my position and yes I like power...more than money? I think so"

He waits for Jonathon to respond.

'I meant nothing by it, Mr. Garron - I merely think we are alike in ways. I took this job mainly to get the chance to work under you. I have followed your career and I feel we have similar... ambitions.'

He pauses.

'Of course, I aspire to one day have an iota of the power you even currently have. But for now, working here, learning the trade from minds such as yours - it gives me comfort.

And besides, what would an unambitious new hire be worth to you anyways. You need the best. And I need to learn from the best.'

Lysander briefly looks behind Bruce to see if anyone is watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Nobody is watching at the moment, the office door is closed.

"Well you certainly sound ambitious..." he laughs "...though with due deference!"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nobody is watching at the moment, the office door is closed.

"Well you certainly sound ambitious..." he laughs "...though with due deference!"

Lysander draws his gaze on Bruce again, using more power this time.

OOC: Mesmerise

'I think we will be close friends very soon. You will share with me your secrets, and I will listen and offer advice. In fact, we should grab a drink shortly, in a nearby bar of your choice.'

That Lysander has to actually bother to implant the suggestion says a lot.

"Kind of busy...there's a meeting..." his Vitae increases the pressure, not enough to require burning some though "Yeah...how about now?"

'Now is good for me, I think I'm going to like working here Mr. Garron.'

• Advertisement

"Yeah...now...I...."

He squeezes his eyes shut and shakes his head.

"Don't go tempting me rookie...that's some charisma you have, a way with words, I'll be on the look out for it. So we have you in legal. You up on state law regarding tech patents, because we've one hell of a deal from the government"

A mortal who can shake of dominate is very rare, in fact being able to do so was considered by Lysander's sire the mark of a Lasombra in waiting.

Lysander shrugs.

'If I'm not, I will be within the hour. You like to work late nights, Mr. Garron? Burn the midnight oil? I find it incredibly... refreshing. I get my best work done at night.

It's why I applied for this role, coupled with working for you, of course.'

"Yeah, you exclusively asked for the night shift, new blood often take it when offered, but requesting it is pretty rare..."

Garron narrows his eyes and purses his lips while thinking.

"...kid there's something funny about you. I've yet to decide if it's good funny or bad funny you understand?"

He gives Lysander a harsh look.

"Tech contract details you can get from George, desk is around the corner. I expect you to understand the details by tomorrow"

He goes for the door.

"Yeah, you exclusively asked for the night shift, new blood often take it when offered, but requesting it is pretty rare..."

Garron narrows his eyes and purses his lips while thinking.

"...kid there's something funny about you. I've yet to decide if it's good funny or bad funny you understand?"

He gives Lysander a harsh look.

"Tech contract details you can get from George, desk is around the corner. I expect you to understand the details by tomorrow"

He goes for the door.

'Well Mr. Garron - I guess time will tell on that front, am I correct?'

Lysander allows him to leave and heads around to get the details from George. He keeps a watch on Garron's movements, whether he goes back to his office or decides to leave.

Garron crosses the open plan office and heads to an elevator and calls the lift. He talks in a low voice to another executive who joins him.

Even from this distance Lysander can make out the words.

"...yeah new kid seems pretty damn good. Exerts some charm and confidence, not that he hasn't earned it from this CV. Don't want him getting a big head though, so Tim give him hell on ensuring he grasps that contract they've given us"

"Sure thing Sir, you heading out"

"No up to the office, some details to work on"

The lift opens and Garron nods and heads up.

Lysander finds George easily enough. A portly man with a thicket of hair and a strong Mid-Western accent.

"Oh the new guy, here's the contract..."

He hands Lysander a pretty big folder thick with loose sheets.

"Those are the hard copies. Of course you'll want the electronic files to actually read. They'll be on your computer, electronically signed etc etc. Just look in..."

He gives Lysander the relevant information on their document software, log in, security speil and so on. Lysander reads him as a nice guy personality wise, but he can smell the cholesterol in his blood, about a year off a major cardiac episode.

The feel of the ink on the paper suggests the hard copies are about two months old.

OOC: We've never had this much before, but vampires have incredible tactile sense, in addition to their superhuman hearing, sight and taste.

• Advertisement

'Thanks George. And listen - we've only just met.. but...'

OOC: Mesmerise

'You're quite happy to do this work for me and if anyone asks - I did it myself. Just leave the finished copies on my desk for signing.

Oh, and from now on you want to get healthier, so ease back on the cholesterol, and maybe join a gym and stick with it, ok?'

"Yeah man, makes a lot of sense. My wife keeps at me about it, but somehow hearing it from you laying it straight like that, how about I do that work for you?"

George gets to work.

'Thanks man, you're the best. Make sure you do stick to it though.'

Lysander takes the hard copies under the illusion that he's actually going to work and goes back to his office. He waves at Tim and points to the hard copies.

'Just going to run through the files so I can get to work. No rest for the wicked, huh?'

"Damn right. Listen newbie don't be too friendly, I want evidence of your worth first. I'll be drilling you on that stuff tomorrow, I want an outline of any possible issues with the contract and I'll be going through them with you like somebody who intends to sue us!"

Lysander smells a good deal of stress off Tim. Surface level thoughts are concerned with a disagreement he had with Bruce over Bruce's political career, distracting from their tech firm Tim feels. Also he had a fight with his wife last night. Lysander gets a good enough image of her from the surface thoughts. Thin, early 40s, voice suggests New Yorker.

"Damn right. Listen newbie don't be too friendly, I want evidence of your worth first. I'll be drilling you on that stuff tomorrow, I want an outline of any possible issues with the contract and I'll be going through them with you like somebody who intends to sue us!"

Lysander smells a good deal of stress off Tim. Surface level thoughts are concerned with a disagreement he had with Bruce over Bruce's political career, distracting from their tech firm Tim feels. Also he had a fight with his wife last night. Lysander gets a good enough image of her from the surface thoughts. Thin, early 40s, voice suggests New Yorker.

'It's cool, it's chill Tim. So Listen...'

OOC: Yep, Mesmerise again

'What's got you all pent up anyways? Come into my office and tell me everything. Oh and I'll need the keycard for Bruce's office if you have it, or its location.

But mainly - when you clock off tonight - just go home and apologise to your wife. It wasn't worth fighting over, you know it. And you know what women are like!'

"Listen you've got some fuking nerve..."

Others on the floor turn, some having overheard Jonathon's rather direct statements about Tim's marriage.

Seeing this he becomes more enraged.

OOC: Roll to ensure the Mesmerise

Lysander feels Tim's rage rising. Enough with this mortal. His Vitae reaches out and shuts off Tim's anger, crushing that part of his soul underfoot completely.

Tim's pupils dilate and his eyes go blood shot. The level of control surprises even Lysander, for a second his tongue goes slightly lax.

He kneels before Lysander.

"My lord forgive my impertinence, I shall speak to my spouse at once. I would not want my failure as a husband to damage my service to you"

Some of those nearby smirk and whisper

"Who knew Tim had a sense of humour, the new guy is some jackass..."

"Tim handled that well, heh!"

Lysander however knows better, he feels Tim's anger rushing back as he stands.

"DO NOT QUESTION JONATHON YOU FUKING WORMS!!!"

The office goes silent.

'Come on Tim, it's ok. They were only having a laugh, right folks?'

Lysander looks around smiling.

'Let's go in the office and you can tell me what you wanted to say, yeah?'

"Sorry my lord..."

He holds his head and then rubs his forehead.

"To see you mocked it..."

Split seconds before he does it, Lysander feels the thoughts Tim has of smashing a coworkers head against the desk. The red head next to them.

"Sorry my lord..."

He holds his head and then rubs his forehead.

"To see you mocked it..."

Split seconds before he does it, Lysander feels the thoughts Tim has of smashing a coworkers head against the desk. The red head next to them.

Lysander puts his arm around Tim and guides him quickly into the office.

'That rage... you would make a fine... listen. Tell me what the problem is with Bruce. Perhaps I can provide guidance and a resolution.'

• Advertisement

Tim comes with Lysander to his office. Lysander can make out the general whispers as they leave. Most seem to think the whole event is some kind of staged HR thing given Tim's bizarre language.

Once they make it into the office Tim bursts out crying and clings to Lysander's leg.

"My lord, Bruce he is not like you. I have laboured under him desperately, but he will drive this company into ruin with his pursuit for power...I showed him the figures, but he doesn't care. I think he wants power and authority more than he wants the money we could make"

Tim comes with Lysander to his office. Lysander can make out the general whispers as they leave. Most seem to think the whole event is some kind of staged HR thing given Tim's bizarre language.

Once they make it into the office Tim bursts out crying and clings to Lysander's leg.

"My lord, Bruce he is not like you. I have laboured under him desperately, but he will drive this company into ruin with his pursuit for power...I showed him the figures, but he doesn't care. I think he wants power and authority more than he wants the money we could make"

'I know Tim. I am here to make sure that does not happen. But I needed to make sure I had your loyalty before I could tell you.

Can you get copies of these figures? Get them, and come back to me. Together we will then take Bruce Garron down - or at the very least leave the company to you.

Would you like that Tim? Power - everything you ever desired?'

"....I...thank you. Why have you come here? Are you..."

Lysander knows Tim's mind senses something supernatural about him and acknowledges it.

"Never mind, I'll get the figures"

Lysander waits a few moments before Tim rushes back.

"Here on this, basic GARCH model showing our expected losses, we'll be in the red in two years"

He hands Lysander the USB stick.

'Excellent Tim. You are proving to be an excellent help. Just like they told me. Now, have you a car? We will confront Bruce in an environment not typical to him. The element of surprise will make him submit to our demands. Let us go, tell the office you are sorry, you need to clear your head on the way out.

Don't want them getting suspicious now, do we? It's for their benefit this, after all.'

"Of course...Sir..." Tim says bowing and heads out.

Tim speaks to the floor apologising saying he has had a rough week and that all will be better soon, much to the confusion of the staff. He heads for the lift.

"Car is parked outside, executive spot. We head there now or up to Bruce's office?"

"Of course...Sir..." Tim says bowing and heads out.

Tim speaks to the floor apologising saying he has had a rough week and that all will be better soon, much to the confusion of the staff. He heads for the lift.

"Car is parked outside, executive spot. We head there now or up to Bruce's office?"

'To the car. You can ring Bruce when we get to our destination. Drive to the nearest beach. Find the most secluded spot. Do not worry, I will be there to help you. Let us go.'

"Of course, will I tell him you're with me?"

"Of course, will I tell him you're with me?"

'No. I think he will cave to our demands without blowing my cover.

You will tell him that unless he meets you, immediately - alone... that you will send that file to every major media outlet in the region.

Let's see how high and mighty Mr. Garron will get when his career is on the line.'

Lysander thinks to himself as an aside.

'A test also - how will Garron react when his power is threatened...'

'Now to the car with both of us. I will stay in the shadows and you can call him once I give the ok.'

The two make it to the basement, walk through a small tunnel and out into a gated car park.

Tim opens the door of his Porsche and lets Lysander in.

"Will I call him now?"

• Advertisement

The two make it to the basement, walk through a small tunnel and out into a gated car park.

Tim opens the door of his Porsche and lets Lysander in.

"Will I call him now?"

'No, let us get to the location first. Closest beach, most secluded area. I want to make sure no one will interrupt us.'

Advertisement