Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The lesser clans look pleased.

"Heh kid I've got no problem with conquering, just destroying, but that dark stuff is behind the times"

Helena looks very intently at Lysander and speaks into his mind.

**I know your kind Lasombra, a shadow that would blot out the sun and drink all dry in a bid to rise itself up to godhood. I have seen it before and I will see it again and as before I will move on. These fools have no idea of the creeping panther they have let into their cave, but I do**

She smiles.

"Oh come on, those are just silly superstitions. Anyway it's Tara's decision"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    The lesser clans look pleased.

"Heh kid I've got no problem with conquering, just destroying, but that dark stuff is behind the times"

Helena looks very intently at Lysander and speaks into his mind.

**I know your kind Lasombra, a shadow that would blot out the sun and drink all dry in a bid to rise itself up to godhood. I have seen it before and I will see it again and as before I will move on. These fools have no idea of the creeping panther they have let into their cave, but I do**

She smiles.

"Oh come on, those are just silly superstitions. Anyway it's Tara's decision"

Lysander barely blinks and smiles back while attempting to respond

**You may have seen 'them' come before, my dear Helena... you have not seen me though. I am different. In time I hope to prove that to you - to all here.**

He turns back to Tara.

'So, where might I find this Wan Kuei ancestor...?'

"She's held up in the Chinese Historical Museum. She's very dangerous, to be frank she's killed elders, or at least her guards have. Nobody managed to get within striking distance of her. I was going to have to send in a Primogen, but considering your gifts aren't well known even among our own kind..."

Lysander's vision blurs, he can't quite follow what Tara is saying, the room goes darker and takes on a misty appearance. His blood runs cold, so cold. He feels he will fall forward until Clarissa squeezes his hand and everything returns to normal.

"...well at least that's what I know of your Obtenebration, perhaps there is more. For this reason I think you stand chance. I'll be frank, yes I am sending you in as a new expendable outsider"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"She's held up in the Chinese Historical Museum. She's very dangerous, to be frank she's killed elders, or at least her guards have. Nobody managed to get within striking distance of her. I was going to have to send in a Primogen, but considering your gifts aren't well known even among our own kind..."

Lysander's vision blurs, he can't quite follow what Tara is saying, the room goes darker and takes on a misty appearance. His blood runs cold, so cold. He feels he will fall forward until Clarissa squeezes his hand and everything returns to normal.

"...well at least that's what I know of your Obtenebration, perhaps there is more. For this reason I think you stand chance. I'll be frank, yes I am sending you in as a new expendable outsider"

Lysander stands, bringing Clarissa and Guido with him.

'It shall be done.'

Lysander turns to leave for the museum.

He exits his boathouse, Cock Robin nods at him.

"Staying for the party myself, good luck kid, though I know you'll handle it"

They reach the car outside and Guido kneels.

"Master, thank you for granting me the honour of accompanying you on this mission"

• Advertisement

He exits his boathouse, Cock Robin nods at him.

"Staying for the party myself, good luck kid, though I know you'll handle it"

They reach the car outside and Guido kneels.

"Master, thank you for granting me the honour of accompanying you on this mission"

'The pleasure is mine Guido and as the old saying goes... two Lasombras are better than one. A combination of our powers should obliterate this ancestor...'

He gets into the car.

'Of course... Clarissa is here too. Would you like to demonstrate to our new friend your powers tonight my dear? I would appreciate your assistance in this matter.'

Necro wrote: »
    'Of course... Clarissa is here too. Would you like to demonstrate to our new friend your powers tonight my dear? I would appreciate your assistance in this matter.'
    "Of course Lysander" she says with a smile, but then leans in.

"Guido is significantly weaker than you, I can sense things like that now. Helena could kill everybody else at that party except Cock Robin, not sure who would win there, she's stronger, but Cock Robin is....weirder"

"Of course Lysander" she says with a smile, but then leans in.

"Guido is significantly weaker than you, I can sense things like that now. Helena could kill everybody else at that party except Cock Robin, not sure who would win there, she's stronger, but Cock Robin is....weirder"

'Yes, she certainly left me with that impression as well... did you hear her speak to me? I don't expect problems as long as we do not cross her. But we must be careful.'

He starts the car and heads for the museum.

"Yeah I heard her, full of herself to be honest...Ly you're changing are you okay? Your blood is turning, mutating really"

"Yeah I heard her, full of herself to be honest...Ly you're changing are you okay? Your blood is turning, mutating really"

'I....am?'

Lysander pulls over and looks strangely at Clarissa.

• Advertisement

"Yeah, less human. Your organs except your heart and brain are gone, internally you're losing your human anatomy and your vitae smells different"

Lysander notices Clarissa's voice is more adult.

"Yeah, less human. Your organs except your heart and brain are gone, internally you're losing your human anatomy and your vitae smells different"

Lysander notices Clarissa's voice is more adult.

'Intriguing... I don't think I feel any different... should make for an interesting show with this... ancestor.

Now my friends, in our own confines here - let's not kill this one outright unless absolutely necessary. I have...'

He smirks.

'Grander plans. Incapacitate and destroy her guards by any means. Then together, Guido - you and I will do as we trained to do in our homeland. Let the shadows do the work for us.

Clarissa - you have my full permission to use the entire range of your powers on the guards - No limits.

But the ancestor is mine, as Tara asked. Only should Guido and I be in trouble should you come to my aid.'

Clarissa - you have my full permission to use the entire range of your powers on the guards - No limits.

But the ancestor is mine, as Tara asked. Only should Guido and I be in trouble should you come to my aid.'
    Lysander feels a swell of blood lust within Clarissa, she breathes out slowly and calms herself.

"Thank you Ly, I'm looking forward to it"

Lysander feels a swell of blood lust within Clarissa, she breathes out slowly and calms herself.

"Thank you Ly, I'm looking forward to it"

'My pleasure - who am I to keep such power caged all the time? But control is important too... in time you will learn this, and when you do I will allow you more free reign over your skillset.'

Clarissa nods. "Yeah, control"

"Shall I drive Sir?" Guido asks.

Lysander gestures to the driver's seat.

'Of course Guido. To the museum we go.'

They pull in next to museum and Clarissa concentrates, she forms a dome over the museum, makes it blue and shines a light

H4SoV9.jpg

"Ah! I knew I could do it! Deeper shadows during the day Lysander"

Lysander's elders had often spoke of how the shadows of the day were more potent, richer in power. Clarissa had either guessed this or learned it somehow.

"They won't be as strong as real day time shadows, they aren't in contrast to the Sun, but better than streetlight ones, maybe even better than moonlight ones"

They pull in next to museum and Clarissa concentrates, she forms a dome over the museum, makes it blue and shines a light

"Ah! I knew I could do it! Deeper shadows during the day Lysander"

Lysander's elders had often spoke of how the shadows of the day were more potent, richer in power. Clarissa had either guessed this or learned it somehow.

"They won't be as strong as real day time shadows, they aren't in contrast to the Sun, but better than streetlight ones, maybe even better than moonlight ones"

'Whatever helps. Thank you Clarissa. Guido, take heed of this, as it is something we can never truly witness... day shadows. Can you feel them calling to you?'

He gets out of the car and surveys the building for entrances and exits.

'Whatever helps. Thank you Clarissa. Guido, take heed of this, as it is something we can never truly witness... day shadows. Can you feel them calling to you?'

He gets out of the car and surveys the building for entrances and exits.
    "Yes Master, I never thought I'd come close"

As Lysander steps out, some of the nearby shadows coil up along his body, forming a protective coating. One or two bend toward Guido. He's clearly impressed.

The museum has the front door, the large front windows and around the back another smaller door and three windows.

"Yes Master, I never thought I'd come close"

As Lysander steps out, some of the nearby shadows coil up along his body, forming a protective coating. One or two bend toward Guido. He's clearly impressed.

The museum has the front door, the large front windows and around the back another smaller door and three windows.

'What do you think, a full frontal assault? It's not very... Lasombra like though.'

He looks to Guido, flicking some of the shadows to him.

'Scout the rear, but be careful. Do not engage anyone. Clarissa, stay close.'

• Advertisement

Guido returns shortly enough.

"Five people inside master. Four with uzis and swords, the fifth seemed unarmed, a woman about forty years of age. Weapons would indicate they're awaiting a vampiric presence perhaps"

Guido returns shortly enough.

"Five people inside master. Four with uzis and swords, the fifth seemed unarmed, a woman about forty years of age. Weapons would indicate they're awaiting a vampiric presence perhaps"

'Probably us. Oh well, best get this show on the road. Are they guarding both entrances?'

"I couldn't see all the way to the front, I would assume sir"

Lysander makes for the back of the building.

'We must be quick, Guido - once we enter, blast one with your strongest shadow power.... kill them, do not hesitate, then move on.

Clarissa... well... you just have fun.'

He smiles.

'Are we ready?'

"Yes ready" Guido says

Blood rushes to Clarissa's legs, they turn an odd purple with welts.

"After you Ly" she says grinding her teeth.

"Yes ready" Guido says

Blood rushes to Clarissa's legs, they turn an odd purple with welts.

"After you Ly" she says grinding her teeth.

Lysander draws the shadows onto him and Guido.

OOC: Black Metamorphosis.

As they are rushing up he speaks loudly into one, carrying his voice to the front of the building.

'Wan Kuei.... your time is up. Prepare to die! The Sabbat wills it!'

The Wan Kuei quickly become alert pointing their Uzis toward the front of the museum, though a few are clever enough to aim at the windows.

Clarissa leaps in smashing the wooden backdoors open in one blow. Seeing into the museum Lysander can now see there are in fact at least twenty Wan Kuei.

Clarissa runs toward two as she is sprayed with bullets, flesh flying off her.

The forty year old woman heads toward an exhibit to the left as Wan Kuei from the museum's front rush Clarissa.

Lysander and Guido are not visible yet, Lysander's shadow cloaking simply making them perfectly meld with the entrance door's shadow.

Lysander slips inside and lashes out at the closest cluster of Wan Kuei.

'Now Guido!'

Guido causes shadow arms to emerge from the ground and constrict four of those shooting Clarissa.

Clarissa herself laughs, rehealing her body almost as it is shot.

"IS THIS ALL YOU CAN DO!" her voice echoes terrifyingly throughout the exhibit room.

Lysander begins to construct his demonic shadow form, but is sprayed with bullets while doing so, the twelve guards from the front unloading their entire clips into him. His torso is flayed down to the bone, his left arm comes off and the bullets open up his skull, blowing about a quarter clean off. His face collapses in, eyes bursting.

Then the Wan Kuei stare in horror, for beneath the flesh there are no organs or veins or muscle, only liquid shadow encasing a rotted brain, long dead looking and a black heart. Thick lumps of Vitae run through the heart and out into the shadow. The shadow gains form and colour and texture once more, aping the appearance of skin and teeth and hair. This is all he is now, a once mortal mind bound to living eldritch shadow powered by the substance called Vitae. The mind wills and the shadow responds, the Vitae powering the whole process.

He reassembles and shadow pours out of his eyes and mouth into eight sharp tendrils that strike the Wan Kuei in the chest and travel out through the brain. They are mortal enough for this to kill them. Four of the tendrils continue and kill the remaining four.

Guido crushes the bodies of the four in his grip, before he collapses. The bullets have shredded him. He is not as blessed as Lysander, the curse has not changed him enough. He still has muscle and bone and they have been ripped and broken.

Clarissa makes a gesture. The remaining four bend over in pain before exploding, steaming hot blood landing on the expensive statues and porcelain plates around the room.

"Excellent Ly..." Clarissa says as she opens her mouth and the blood telekinetically flows into her mouth.

"...you should feed from Guido, you'll rejuvenate yourself quicker on Vitae than mere blood"

Lysander had seen the woman, their leader, leave to the left. He now hears a door open. They're heading outside.

• Advertisement

'Clarissa, on me!'

Lysander, still encased in shadow, makes for the street.

Advertisement