Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

I knew it couldnt have been easy they have gone and changed my sim only contract even though i was buying a new phone with new number ( I had no intention of using the number)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Just bought it there for €279. For the first first time in my life, I was actually able to buy something off the Vodafone site without hassle. I got payment completed first time, and I got an order number (although I'm still awaiting email confirmation).
    Now it did have the usual visual bugs, giving me wildly different prices, but underneath it all, it actually worked! :p

well i would contact them on chat to ensure they did not cancel it !

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭joficeduns1

Welp, my order was never processed (??) and left open but has to be cancelled. I need to order again, but now there website isn't playing nice. No email confirmations for anything, chat transcript takes 30 days to get. Wow, I never knew Vodafone's site was such a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Vodafone.ie - great example of when IT outsourcing goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Just bought it there for €279. For the first first time in my life, I was actually able to buy something off the Vodafone site without hassle. I got payment completed first time, and I got an order number (although I'm still awaiting email confirmation).
    Now it did have the usual visual bugs, giving me wildly different prices, but underneath it all, it actually worked! :p

Same thing happened to me. Waited for the confirmation email ( still waiting 8 days later lol ). Sick of their chat ' technical glitch '. Had to contact my card issuer again for the umpteenth time and they told me the funds were on hold and never left my account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

finally got the order placed via my phone, got a confirmation notification but no email. Followed up with their support and they said it didn't get placed successfully and that they would refund my money within 5 working days. What an absolute S**t show of a service. They can keep the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

I got the same as above but no email. After I followed up they said the order hasn't been placed successfully and they cancelled it. Money will be returned in 5 days.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Vodafone must have the worse online shop of all Irish Operators.
    That's quite something to go from the premium operator to the worst simply because your website is so bad.
    No point comparing the Pixel to other phones hardware and camera, you are buying it for stock android and the pixel camera software. No other phones have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Two open orders cancelled now. Waiting for hold to come off my account. Should I try one more time....

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I was talking to a representative via the website's chat feature. He stated that the phone is locked to Vodafone, and an unlock code must be requested. The phone needs to be used for 2-3 days, and a minimum top-up of €5.00 to be eligible for the unlocking code. The code will then be sent within 20 working days.

• Advertisement

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    I was talking to a representative via the website's chat feature. He stated that the phone is locked to Vodafone, and an unlock code must be requested. The phone needs to be used for 2-3 days, and a minimum top-up of €5.00 to be eligible for the unlocking code. The code will then be sent within 20 working days.

I've never heard of a locked Google pixel phone

Representatives also said that about the 3A and it wasn't true. I'm sure they're told to say that about all of their phones.

My old Pixel 3 was locked to EE when I lived in the UK. And Google even has a page about sim-locked Pixel phones.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7107188?hl=en

Another failed order. Might just give up on this now, what a poor excuse of a commerce website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Cheers OP just got it for 179 perfect timing as my 3 year old Samsung gave up the ghost yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Cheers OP just got it for 179 perfect timing as my 3 year old Samsung gave up the ghost yesterday

How and proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

BanditLuke wrote: »

Strange how you're the only one who managed to get it, just been on again and its still at 279!

Wow, that's some going if you spoofed it for €179. I can't even buy it in incognito with a new number for €100 more!

bromley52 wrote: »

How and proof.

That poster is a known spoofer, I would just ignore him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

carbsy wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me. Waited for the confirmation email ( still waiting 8 days later lol ). Sick of their chat ' technical glitch '. Had to contact my card issuer again for the umpteenth time and they told me the funds were on hold and never left my account.

Oops, yes it was cancelled. :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Oops, yes it was cancelled. :D:D:D

Disaster aren't they? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I've never known a Vodafone sales rep to speak the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Representatives also said that about the 3A and it wasn't true. I'm sure they're told to say that about all of their phones.

Yeah they gave me that spiel about the 3A when I bought one and I knew it was false.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

I don't need this hassle in my life. I'm out.

In the 3A thread, there was links to check your order status. Does anyone have those links handy, before I go searching in the old thread?

EDIT: This is one: http://www.fonua.com/orderstatus
    I think theres another one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

The thread title should be changed to €279?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

long_b wrote: »
    The thread title should be changed to €279?

I live in hope and have a 48 SIM on the way for when that day arrives.

bromley52 wrote: »
    I live in hope and have a 48 SIM on the way for when that day arrives.

48 SIM ( Tesco / Three ) didn't work for me...

Wasnt going through the same crap as last year. Drove up to the local vodafone shop and just bought the phone. €279.

Its smaller than the 3a...

• Advertisement

Wasnt going through the same crap as last year. Drove up to the local vodafone shop and just bought the phone. €279.

Its smaller than the 3a...

A bigger screen though as the bezel is smaller.

Advertisement