Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I dunno, our first 3 games are winnable and if Scotland make it to the QF's the last 3 are possible wins too.

Lanelli away will be the hardest.

Does anyone know when Ruddock and M Kearney are expected back?

Alot of the fringe guys who will be taking a role in the first part of the season all got some or a few games last year under MOC so other than the props I don't think we'll have anyone making their debut for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

shuffol wrote: »
    I'd like to see Adam Byrne or Kelleher get some gametime during the WC, Fanning is a steady hand and was very useful to have when there was no-one from the academy deemed ready to step up but with Byrne impressing in pre-season and Kelleher there also I'd like to see one of them get an opportunity in the home games against the Blues or Dragons.

Mcquilkin mentioned Kelleher as being someone they'd like to see shine. He was talking about how Sexton and Healy were the guys filling the gaps during the world cup in 2007 so it was a pretty complimentary comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Could we see Madigan at 9 this season?
    That would be great. Maybe every game. The 'Bergamasco Move' could go down in history.

• Administrators Posts: 53,445 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

20% discount code arrived and while I don't usually buy Leinster gear for wearing to games, this top is nice enough that I may not be able to resist: http://www.lifestylesports.com/en/restofworld/tracktops/mens-leinster-poly-track-jacket/invt/55900620

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

If anyone wants mine drop a PM. Veteran boardsies to be considered first!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bunnyarmstrong

awec wrote: »
    20% discount code arrived and while I don't usually buy Leinster gear for wearing to games, this top is nice enough that I may not be able to resist: http://www.lifestylesports.com/en/restofworld/tracktops/mens-leinster-poly-track-jacket/invt/55900620

I have the supporters retro one from few years back, with the yellow stripe down the sleeves. It's a lovely lovely jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I would like that. I think we should do it based on a metric of who has posted the most times in a single thread.

PRL sympathizers need not apply. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

awec wrote: »

You're on a slippery slope Awec. You may end up going home for a game only to find you've only Leinster gear to wear :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hoping to see Mick McMgrath involved in the early games. I actually didn't expect him to be involved with the amount of talent we have in the back line but I was really impressed with him last week, probably our best back, it's good to see a wing get creative and come infield a lot, especially with his carrying and rucking skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

molloyjh wrote: »
    He was out of it and training on Thursday. I stuck up a pic of it on the day.

That is encouraging. Thought I saw somewhere he would be out for a month

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Hoping we still get to see McGrath get some starts during the WC, I suppose Boss not being selected for the squad is a good thing for us in regards to experience and depth, but I think we need to look at Luke and the academy lads during that period.

Still available folks....

Edit: Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 24,186 ✭✭✭✭Buer

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Hoping we still get to see McGrath get some starts during the WC, I suppose Boss not being selected for the squad is a good thing for us in regards to experience and depth, but I think we need to look at Luke and the academy lads during that period.

If Cathal Marsh starts, I reckon it will hinder McGrath's time on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Buer wrote: »
    If Cathal Marsh starts, I reckon it will hinder McGrath's time on the field.

As opposed to who though?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Exactly. Marsh was always going to start unless we moved Isa to 10, which I highly doubt was ever going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yeah the only options at 10 really ar Marsh, Crosbie, Byrne and if Isa moved to 10.

With a bit of luck McGrath will outperform Boss and Leo will give him a chance at least during the WC to get some game time under his belt and we can see how he fares out.

As opposed to Nacewa. It's unlikely but it is an option. I fully expect Marsh to start this weekend but that may not be the case in the weeks that follow if he doesn't go well.

If he does go well and settles quickly, McGrath might get the nod alongside him.

Who knows? Maybe they'll decide Boss hasn't been around enough and McGrath has earned the start alongside McGrath. Would be a very green halfback pairing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

was thinking of putting my 20% STH code to use and buying the new home kit. Has anyone tried these on yet? Are they the same size fitting as the present European Jersey? (standard not test fit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

As opposed to Nacewa. It's unlikely but it is an option. I fully expect Marsh to start this weekend but that may not be the case in the weeks that follow if he doesn't go well.

If he does go well and settles quickly, McGrath might get the nod alongside him.

Who knows? Maybe they'll decide Boss hasn't been around enough and McGrath has earned the start alongside McGrath. Would be a very green halfback pairing though.

I couldn't see Nacewa starting at 10, for one he hasn't played there for ~5 years and wasn't particularly good when he did, with Kirchner away his experience is far more beneficial at 15. Even if he did start at 10 I don't think the argument for McGrath gets any stronger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeh I can't see McGrath starting with marsh.

We could see something like...

Isa
    McFadden
    Teo
    Reid
    Fanning
    Marsh
    Boss
    Conan
    Ryan
    Locky
    McCarthy
    Denton
    Moore
    Dundon
    Bent

Byrne
    Dooley
    Rolls
    Beirne
    Leavy
    McGrath
    Byrne
    McGrath

Not bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭scott1974

.ak wrote: »

Isa
    McFadden
    Teo
    Reid
    Fanning
    Marsh
    Boss
    Conan
    Ryan
    Locky
    McCarthy
    Denton
    Moore
    Dundon
    Bent

Byrne
    Dooley
    Rolls
    Beirne
    Leavy
    McGrath
    Byrne
    McGrath

Not bad...

I thought it was a "week too early" for Moore..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Guys how does everyone have their 20% STH voucher already? Does it not come in that STH package before the very first home game?

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

.ak wrote: »

Isa
    McFadden
    Teo
    Reid
    Fanning
    Marsh
    Boss
    Conan
    Ryan
    Locky
    McCarthy
    Denton
    Moore
    Dundon
    Bent

Byrne
    Dooley
    Rolls
    Beirne
    Leavy
    McGrath
    Byrne
    McGrath

Not bad...

That's a fine team considering....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Last season we put out the following team in the first game:

Kirchner
    McFadden
    Macken
    Reid
    Fanning
    Gopperth
    Boss
    Healy
    Cronin
    Ross
    Marshall
    McCarthy
    Ryan
    Jennings
    O'Brien

Edinburgh aren't as good as Glasgow but it'll still be interesting to see how the team perform in the opener this season, compared to last season.

Good interview with Kev Mc in the IT today. Really struggled to come back from this injury and was considering retirement at one point.

Great to see him back and he seems extremely pumped to get playing competitive rugby again. I think it's a pretty shrewd appointment as captain. I see him as being the closest thing to Cullen in terms of play and personality on the field (McLaughlin is probably a more disciplined, less cynical operator, though)

Good interview with Kev Mc in the IT today. Really struggled to come back from this injury and was considering retirement at one point.

Great to see him back and he seems extremely pumped to get playing competitive rugby again. I think it's a pretty shrewd appointment as captain. I see him as being the closest thing to Cullen in terms of play and personality on the field (McLaughlin is probably a more disciplined, less cynical operator, though)

ha, understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Apparently Rhys is due back in 2 weeks and Moore in 3. That would be a boost during the RWC. Team for tomorrow starting to look something like this:

Bent Dundon Hagan
    Denton McCarthy
    Locky Conan Leavy/VDF

Boss Marsh
    D'Arcy/Reid Te'o
    Fanning Nacewa McFadden

B Byrne, Dooley, RBF, Beirne, Ryan, L McGrath, Byrne, M McGrath

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

molloyjh wrote: »
    Apparently Rhys is due back in 2 weeks and Moore in 3. That would be a boost during the RWC. Team for tomorrow starting to look something like this:

Bent Dundon Hagan
    Denton McCarthy
    Locky Conan Leavy/VDF

Boss Marsh
    D'Arcy/Reid Te'o
    Fanning Nacewa McFadden

B Byrne, Dooley, RBF, Beirne, Ryan, L McGrath, Byrne, M McGrath

How badly are Edinburgh affected by RWC call ups?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,445 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

vienne86 wrote: »
    How badly are Edinburgh affected by RWC call ups?

Lost 9 players.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement