Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Get excited. That bench should excite a lot of people.

LEINSTER:

15. Isa Nacewa
    14. Fergus McFadden
    13. Ben Te'o
    12. Noel Reid
    11. Darragh Fanning
    10. Cathal Marsh
    9. Luke McGrath
    1. Michael Bent
    2. Aaron Dundon
    3. Jamie Hagan
    4. Tom Denton
    5. Mike McCarthy
    6. Kevin McLaughlin CAPTAIN
    7. Dan Leavy
    8. Jack Conan

16. Bryan Byrne
    17. Peter Dooley
    18. Royce Burke-Flynn
    19. Ross Molony
    20. Dominic Ryan
    21. Isaac Boss
    22. Ross Byrne
    23. Garry Ringrose

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No D'Arcy at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

That backline could do some damage if the forwards do their job.

5 Michaels men in the team, must be a record. We'll get our first international cap eventually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

CN-Q0uJWUAAwshi.png

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Buer wrote: »

Isaac Boss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That Edinburgh team is there for the taking. They've left out a lot of guys who were in the extended Scottish squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Sangre wrote: »

5 Michaels men in the team, must be a record. We'll get our first international cap eventually!

i counted 6 and noel reid has been capped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Sangre wrote: »

Isn't Noel Reid from Michael's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭LostArt

Pretty happy with that team, all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

FrannoFan wrote: »
    i counted 6 and noel reid has been capped!

You're right, forgot about Ross Byrne.
    Isn't Noel Reid from Michael's?

Yes. I didn't realise he played in a full test game. Got a cap against Argentina last year. Only took 70 years I guess then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hmm, not delighted with Ringrose on the bench if I'm being honest. No reason Reid and T'eo can't do the 80 and I think we need cover in the back 3 (yes I know Ringrose can play wing...)

Fanning tends to give it 110% for the first 60 and gets tired after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    Hmm, not delighted with Ringrose on the bench if I'm being honest. No reason Reid and T'eo can't do the 80 and I think we need cover in the back 3 (yes I know Ringrose can play wing...)

Ringrose will almost certainly come on at either 11 or 14. That's where he played in the Ulster game.

Still manages to run at 109% for the final 20 in fairness to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

From the perspective of developing Ringrose though it's probably better to include him and for the long term that's probably the important thing.

I was there the last time the world of rugby was changed when Irish rugby superstar Andrey Conway was presented to us. And the time before that when superstar Brendan Macken was granted upon us. Let's see how Mr. Ringrose compares.

Clearlier wrote: »
    From the perspective of developing Ringrose though it's probably better to include him and for the long term that's probably the important thing.

Yeah, and blooding a center on the wing can be really useful over the long term. Nevin Spence ( :( ) was blooded there for Ulster and it really helped his development imo.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Ringrose will almost certainly come on at either 11 or 14. That's where he played in the Ulster game.

Where he'll be wasted.

I'm with IBF on this. Ringrose has all the skills at U20 level but I hate seeing that being rushed into this level.

I'd have preferred Fanning/McGrath to take those spots. Both big lumps who'll do well in Edinburgh who very much try to strangle any space away from us.

Clearlier wrote: »

Again, I'm not sure I agree with that. So many of our 'superstar' underage players are played too much too early. For me Ringrose is probably our 4th choice 13. No point in leap frogging him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭scott1974

I was there the last time the world of rugby was changed when Irish rugby superstar Andrey Conway was presented to us. And the time before that when superstar Brendan Macken was granted upon us. Let's see how Mr. Ringrose compares.

Wasn't Ringrose nominated for Junior player of the year after a Junior RWC.
    That's not fans hyping him up, he has genuine pedigree... whether it transfers to the full team is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Where he'll be wasted.

I'm with IBF on this. Ringrose has all the skills at U20 level but I hate seeing that being rushed into this level.

I'd have preferred Fanning/McGrath to take those spots. Both big lumps who'll do well in Edinburgh who very much try to strangle any space away from us.
    How would Ringrose be wasted on the wing?
    How is he being rushed into this level? He is into his second year in the academy. Is finished playing age grade rugby. He has been nominated for world player of the year for his age group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Where he'll be wasted.

I don't think it's black or white regarding rushing players. Some players are ready when they're x age and some aren't. He's on the bench against a weakened Edinburgh side, it's hardly starting against Toulon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Hi Everybody

Looking forward to tomorrow, was entertaining in Donnybrook last weekend regardless of the opposition.

Isa burying the last ditch winger got a great cheer. One of many.

10's looked composed and only one poor slipped tackle from Te'o when it rained but recovered well. Kurt hopefully stamps his defensive authority. Pity Darcy is basically done on that showing and hopefully Reid can get the a ton of tries this season when given the chance.

Cant wait.
    Good luck to McLaughlin and the squad.

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi ssaye2.

Buer wrote: »

LEINSTER:

15. Isa Nacewa
    14. Fergus McFadden
    13. Ben Te'o
    12. Noel Reid
    11. Darragh Fanning
    10. Cathal Marsh
    9. Luke McGrath
    1. Michael Bent
    2. Aaron Dundon
    3. Jamie Hagan
    4. Tom Denton
    5. Mike McCarthy
    6. Kevin McLaughlin CAPTAIN
    7. Dan Leavy
    8. Jack Conan

16. Bryan Byrne
    17. Peter Dooley
    18. Royce Burke-Flynn
    19. Ross Molony
    20. Dominic Ryan
    21. Isaac Boss
    22. Ross Byrne
    23. Garry Ringrose

Almost the most D4 name ever.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,264 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Nasi Manu you legend!

Im loving the backing line, but worried about how much clean, fast ball we'd get with out forwards. 1 - 5 arent exactly the most mobile or dynamic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Nice looking team that - Boss on the bench! Now Luke McGrath, time to shine.

How would Ringrose be wasted on the wing?
    How is he being rushed into this level? He is into his second year in the academy. Is finished playing age grade rugby. He has been nominated for world player of the year for his age group.

Because he's an OK wing, his real talents lay inside the field

Also there's wings and centres ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Dan Leavy ahead of Dom Ryan is the most interesting call for me. Along with Henderson the most exciting forward I've seen at age grade in recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Because he's an OK wing, his real talents lay inside the field

Also there's wings and centres ahead of him.

You are Matt O'Connor and I claim my free jar of experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Yeah, and blooding a center on the wing can be really useful over the long term. Nevin Spence ( :( ) was blooded there for Ulster and it really helped his development imo.

I thought Spence started at center but moved out to the wing later a bit like Trimble.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement