Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Well I was TOLD that was her name but Heroditas has ruined my dreams.

Ditto!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

thebaz wrote: »
    Ryans career has really stalled , injury hasn't helped, but after us being dumped at the last WC - he was held up as the next big thing - hasn't happened - pity

any time i have seen him in person i thought he looked small. (never go on listed sizes, often total nonsense) maybe 6 foot. just not big enough for a 6 and doesn't have the all round game for a 7. I thought a move to Ulster would have done him the world of good-they have such a shortage in the backrow.

dan Leavy has been the next big thing for some time. even without SOB,Ruddock,Heaslip,Conan,McLoughlin, and previously Jennings all ahead of him. Gilsenan saw the writing on the wall and moved to London Irish and is doing pretty well. Ryan should maybe have had a similar thought process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

When Ryan broke through he was very dynamic, quick over the ground, quick to get over the ball and explosive in the tackle but was very light and lacking in physicality. I think he lost that dynamism when he bulked up with injuries probably playing a part too. He's still a solid player who puts in good tackle counts and is a willing carrier but doesn't produce eye catching moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Always remember one of his first big hits

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

shuffol wrote: »
    When Ryan broke through he was very dynamic, quick over the ground, quick to get over the ball and explosive in the tackle but was very light and lacking in physicality. I think he lost that dynamism when he bulked up with injuries probably playing a part too. He's still a solid player who puts in good tackle counts and is a willing carrier but doesn't produce eye catching moments.
    I had really high hopes for the guy when he first broke onto the scene but he never recovered after that leg break. I just don't see him as a six , he doesn't have the physicallity. He should have used his athleticism and made a go at 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

FrannoFan wrote: »
    any time i have seen him in person i thought he looked small. (never go on listed sizes, often total nonsense) maybe 6 foot. just not big enough for a 6 and doesn't have the all round game for a 7. I thought a move to Ulster would have done him the world of good-they have such a shortage in the backrow.

dan Leavy has been the next big thing for some time. even without SOB,Ruddock,Heaslip,Conan,McLoughlin, and previously Jennings all ahead of him. Gilsenan saw the writing on the wall and moved to London Irish and is doing pretty well. Ryan should maybe have had a similar thought process.
    He is at least a couple of inches taller than 6 foot. I'm 6 foot and he's a couple of inches taller than me

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

FrannoFan wrote: »
    any time i have seen him in person i thought he looked small. (never go on listed sizes, often total nonsense) maybe 6 foot.

He's comfortably taller than 6ft. I've stood beside him and he has an inch or two on me. He actually played lock at U20 level in the JWC when we had DOC2 on the bench, which isn't really an option unless you're 6'3" even at U20 level.

After his first breakthrough season, I don't think he was ever going to become a regular for us. I was a much bigger fan of Ruddock as a 21/22 year old who had a lot more intelligence to his game but Ryan had a better highlight reel.

It was our last HEC winning season when Ryan was absolutely obliterated at openside in our season opener to the Ospreys and they pilfered our ball pretty much at will. I reckoned he'd never make it after that game as he simply didn't have the instincts or smarts for 7 and we already had the likes of SOB, McLaughlin and Ruddock competing for the 6 jersey which put him firmly down the pecking order to my mind.

Hopefully he goes out to prove us wrong but at this point he's a lot closer to becoming a Stephen Keogh type figure in the squad than a threat to the first team.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

To date Leavy's injury record is as bad as Ryan's as he has been very injury prone hopefully both of those records improve

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Marty Moore just tweeted from a hospital, looks like another operation...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭scott1974

Another op for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

http://www.the42.ie/marty-moore-foot-surgery-ireland-world-cup-2310957-Sep2015/

MARTY MOORE HAS undergone surgery on a broken metatarsal in his foot. His recovery is expected to take between four and eight weeks...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,265 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

He is at least a couple of inches taller than 6 foot. I'm 6 foot and he's a couple of inches taller than me

He's about 6'4, 6'3 minimum. 105-110 kilos as well.

• Administrators Posts: 53,554 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

MOC has been appointed attacking coach at the reds.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

awec wrote: »

I hope their pitch is wider than it is longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

Having watched leinster teams slowly work themselves further and further backwards down the pitch, I'd say the last thing that man is is an attacking coach

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

ssaye2 wrote: »

MARTY MOORE HAS undergone surgery on a broken metatarsal in his foot. His recovery is expected to take between four and eight weeks...

I was shocked he wasn't picked for WC squad - that explains - he will be missed, if anything happens to Ross , I seriously worry - cotton wool time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

thebaz wrote: »
    I was shocked he wasn't picked for WC squad - that explains - he will be missed, if anything happens to Ross , I seriously worry - cotton wool time

JS has tom courts number. Panic over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

aimee1 wrote: »
    JS has tom courts number. Panic over

Tom, can you collect Michael bent from the airport, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Jaysus Marty really is unlucky with injury

Yeah I wonder with Leavy and VDF coming through and SOB and Murphy both playing at 7 regularly would Ryan consider a move? Maybe we could make a swap with Ulster for one of their centres? (We'd probably need to offer someone else too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I can't remember, but do tg4 have a player? I.e can I watch the game on Saturday or Sunday on their site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

.ak wrote: »
    I can't remember, but do tg4 have a player? I.e can I watch the game on Saturday or Sunday on their site?

http://www.tg4.ie/en/player/home/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

.ak wrote: »
    yeah

http://www.tg4.ie/ga/player/baile/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

awec wrote: »

How on earth did he get that job? Surely not on the basis of his time in Leinster.

ssaye2 wrote: »

Ah no - gutted for the guy - he has been desperately unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

Does anyone know if it is possible to tune in BBC Alba on Sky as we were able to do for BBC Wales. If so details would be appreciated.

amtw wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it is possible to tune in BBC Alba on Sky as we were able to do for BBC Wales. If so details would be appreciated.

Yes, it is. I have it stored in my 'other channels'.

H
    5/6

.....I think!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

'baile' for 'home(page)' sounds ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

amtw wrote: »

Unless they have changed recently, I don't think BBC Alba offers English.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

vienne86 wrote: »
    Yes, it is. I have it stored in my 'other channels'.

H
    5/6

.....I think!

Thank you I'll give it a go

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement