Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,939 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The upside for him in joining Liverpool though is the much better chance of winning many trophies.
    Sure has a better chance of that. I wonder what the mindset is of someone like Shaqiri towards those trophies though. It basically becomes a case of whether he can become an Origi, who while he hasn't ever challenged the starters, or really even played THAT many minutes, he has certainly done enough and played enough to have pride in those trophies.

Can Jota do the same while Origi remains there and Minamino also? Personally, I think no.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,256 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

CSF wrote: »
    I wonder what the mindset is of someone like Shaqiri towards those trophies though.

I think he doesn't care tbh!

https://twitter.com/XS_11official/status/1276546404870172674?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Aguero looks to be out for 2 months according to an article in bbc sport.. Jesus could be worth consideration at 9.5.. he scored well for me after the restart last season

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Aguero looks to be out for 2 months according to an article in bbc sport.. Jesus could be worth consideration at 9.5.. he scored well for me after the restart last season

9.5 right now feels so much more than his cost felt after lockdown when the likes of Pulisic, Martial and Bruno were unrealistically cheap.

He has real potential but I don’t think he is worth legitimate premium prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

joeyboy11 wrote: »

If that's true then a GW3 wildcard just became even more tempting than it already was for me.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have Ayling at mo....looks like Leeds cannot defend your save their lives....am thinking its a transfer out waiting to happen but don’t want to waste a hit on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Definitely going to commit to 2 4.5 keepers this year.

Johnstone (WBA) looks like a complete dud. Does anyone think Martinez is going to light the place up at Villa at all?

Had Reina last year for a bit and he had some fine performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

ShagNastii wrote: »

Johnstone (WBA) looks like a complete dud. Does anyone think Martinez is going to light the place up at Villa at all?

Button/Steele cover for Brighton is good value at 8.5 for both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Button/Steele cover for Brighton is good value at 8.5 for both of them

Button has gone to West Brom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Button has gone to West Brom.

Who’s most likely to play if Ryan gets injured? Walton or Steele

Shanee. wrote: »

I think Walton is second choice. Been with the club a long time and performed well for Blackburn on loan last season.

Steele by all accounts isn’t a good goalkeeper as I think CSF here lambasted him a few seasons back for how bad he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ShagNastii wrote: »

Martinez should be good for save points. Doubtful how many CS that will translate to, but in the cases they do keep a CS, that may translate to some good scores for Martinez when you factor in saves and possible bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shanee. wrote: »

Walton is injured so atm Steele

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Walton is injured so atm Steele

Walton’s injury is not thought to be long term, only a few weeks.

Walton’s injury is not thought to be long term, only a few weeks.

Bad timing though, because if he was fit - we'd know whose number 2 from the cup games. having said all that you'd be fairly unlucky for Ryan to get injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Think its a season where possible to try focus on who you have in your team and try not to worry too much about who you dont have in your team. The amount of options this year is unreal. Salah, mane, auba, bruno, rashford, sterling, mahrez, kdb, son , James Rodriguez, DCL, martial, Werner, havertz, ings, jiminez, Jesus, kane, aguero , bale and pulisic when fit.
    I was terrified about Utd options last gw but to get them it involved a -4 and transferring out son or salah. You have to remeber that a lot of the people with utd assets then cant have who you have. Some weeks you will risk going without and the punishment will be huge. You just can't get even close to covering all bases this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Think its a season where possible to try focus on who you have in your team and try not to worry too much about who you dont have in your team. The amount of options this year is unreal. Salah, mane, auba, bruno, rashford, sterling, mahrez, kdb, son , bale, James Rodriguez, DCL, martial, Werner, havertz, ings, jiminez, Jesus, kane, aguero , bale and pulisic when fit.
    I was terrified about Utd options last gw but to get them it involved a -4 and transferring out son or salah. You have to remeber that a lot of the people with utd assets then cant have who you have. Some weeks you will risk going without and the punishment will be huge. You just can't get even close to covering all bases this year.

Exactly, very good point.

A very interesting thing to consider is 2 attackers from one team being overkill or do you try cover some bases. Like you look at Son/Kane, the 3 Everton boys, Salah/Mane etc...

I think holding the WC for now is the right thing to do as there are so many performing assets that we are all within touching distance

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Think its a season where possible to try focus on who you have in your team and try not to worry too much about who you dont have in your team. The amount of options this year is unreal. Salah, mane, auba, bruno, rashford, sterling, mahrez, kdb, son , James Rodriguez, DCL, martial, Werner, havertz, ings, jiminez, Jesus, kane, aguero , bale and pulisic when fit.

It's interesting, I just checked the average goals per game in the PL since 2000 as I suspected that the number has been rising in recent years.

It hasn't. 2.7895 goal per game was the average 20 years ago, 2.7211 was the average last season.

However, this season is averaging at 3.875 so far which is something to keep an eye on. 3 at the back could be on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PARlance wrote: »
    It's interesting, I just checked the average goals per game in the PL since 2000 as I suspected that the number has been rising in recent years.

It hasn't. 2.7895 goal per game was the average 20 years ago, 2.7211 was the average last season.

However, this season is averaging at 3.875 so far which is something to keep an eye on. 3 at the back could be on the cards.

Feels like that happens most years, takes a few weeks for defences to figure each other out as a unit, by November someone will go on a 6 game CS run

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Feels like that happens most years, takes a few weeks for defences to figure each other out as a unit, by November someone will go on a 6 game CS run

Hopefully Liverpool

Talk that Palace have made a bid for Brewster - Given they have Batman on loan, Zaha, Ayew, Bentekete and others i wouldn't imagine his game time would be high as some would like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

Talk that Palace have made a bid for Brewster - Given they have Batman on loan, Zaha, Ayew, Bentekete and others i wouldn't imagine his game time would be high as some would like

Their chairman tweeted that the story is complete fabrication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Heard this earlier, seems a strange one, same as you’re saying it would seem difficult enough for him to gain a regular first team spot, but palace don’t strike me as a club who can spend €20 -25 million on a player for him to sit on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Heard this earlier, seems a strange one, same as you’re saying it would seem difficult enough for him to gain a regular first team spot, but palace don’t strike me as a club who can spend €20 -25 million on a player for him to sit on the bench?

Depends how much they think they could sell him on for I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is Runarsson likely to replace Leno?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Spot on. Hard to remember it though.

The number of viable high ceiling attackers is staggering and you'll only be able to own 4 or 5 of them at any one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

siblers wrote: »
    Is Runarsson likely to replace Leno?

Replacement for martinez I'd imagine

Jesus.

How bent is the game ?

The guys at ‘FPL towers’ don’t even try to hide it. Does John Delaney run that gig too ?

How is that a KDB assist tonight ? On what planet is that an assist ?

They should be getting hammered on social media, over the last few years, for bad decisions but that doesn’t seem to happen.

If the ‘community’ don’t unite over it then ‘fpl towers’ will get away with it for as long as they want. But I suppose the ‘community’ fear being ostracised.

Surely their social media being bombarded with accusations of cheating would open up dialogue and hopefully create some transparency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

How is that a KDB assist tonight ? On what planet is that an assist ?

One of their worst ever decisions ,they gave no assist for Justin's goal for Leicester last night when Perez probably should have gotten it

Advertisement