Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2018 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Anastasia_

engiweirdo wrote: »
    I thought they were a good bit more user friendly than the general CS tests anyway. About a similar level of difficulty. 12 mins for each section. Got 30/37 numerical completed and 41/49 verbal reasoning. The other bit is an email/messenger conversation simulation, which was interesting if nothing else. They used the same software/provider "cut e"as the ESB Engineering grad programme and the Revenue one was a little step down from that I found.So you could maybe apply for that for a trial run at the test even if you are not qualified for it. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the advice. Got caught with the time allowed for general CS ones which made me panic and mess the whole thing up. Will try a few practice ones in work tomorrow and do the actual one tomorrow evening. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hopefully for the data analysts they only want good numerical scores and not verbal :p

Is there a way to see on the practice tests which questions you got right/wrong or the reasonings for the answers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

OMG just did the test.it was painful! It's a lot of questions considering the time given. Ah there Is always next time😔

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Just submitted the tests they were horrific although the last Chat one was actually ok

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jw_sweetman

Tried to the numerical analysis test. Got past the examples and clicked next but nothing happened. Opened it up again and now I'm blocked from doing the numerical test. Just realised the problem was I had my ad-blocker active. I've done the other two tests and e-mailed the tech support address but I still can't access the numerical one. Anyone else have this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Tried to the numerical analysis test. Got past the examples and clicked next but nothing happened. Opened it up again and now I'm blocked from doing the numerical test. Just realised the problem was I had my ad-blocker active. I've done the other two tests and e-mailed the tech support address but I still can't access the numerical one. Anyone else have this issue?

Yep just happened to me, I'm in the same boat waiting for them to get back to me.

Just logged in there and it was working about 90 minutes after I e-mailed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Only about an hour and half left to complete the online assessments. I presume everyone has completed it by now.

What did everyone think of the verbal reasoning?

Only about an hour and half left to complete the online assessments. I presume everyone has completed it by now.

What did everyone think of the verbal reasoning?

I thought the verbal reasoning was much easier than practice cut-e ones I had done.

Numerical was horrendeous though :confused:

I didn't mind the numerical reasoning and the revenue chat assess was grand.

I thought the verbal reasoning was very tough on time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran

I didn't mind the numerical reasoning and the revenue chat assess was grand.

I thought the verbal reasoning was very tough on time.

That was pretty much my feeling on it too.

Didn't find it too bad. Although I only spent 8-9 mins on the chat assessment before finishing. Does anyone know how many applied for the previous Revenue AO comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

I found the numerical and verbal very tough time wise. The work chat scenarios I found much easier than the normal PAS job situational exercise, probably due to the limited number of answers you could pick!

Does anyone know how many applied for the previous Revenue AO comp?

No, but in the annual report it says they appointed 38 AO's in 2017 so it will be a tough competition.

Although id imagine the numbers are going up because they have two open and one internal AO competitions running this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Anyone has any idea when we can expect the results? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

I got an email a few minutes ago, inviting me to supervised tests in Dublin next week. It's very short notice and no details of how I did in the exam?!? Very weird.

Did everyone get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aisinikins

Mac0783 wrote: »
    I got an email a few minutes ago, inviting me to supervised tests in Dublin next week. It's very short notice and no details of how I did in the exam?!? Very weird.

Did everyone get this?

Just received the same email. Very quick turnaround.

Mac0783 wrote: »

Did everyone get this?

Got this too, no mention of whether I even passed which I'm a bit doubtful of tbh!! Pretty short notice.

Maybe not too many people applied and we're all getting jobs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Seems to be done in batches. Best of luck to those resitting.

• Advertisement

CZ 453 wrote: »
    These retests are probably randomly selected. There will be more randomly selected then for immediately after interview. The EO had random retests after interview. Best of luck to those resitting.

Do you think? By the wording of the email it appears that it's an obligatory second stage.

Not 100% sure but that's just how it came across to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Anastasia_ wrote: »
    Do you think? By the wording of the email it appears that it's an obligatory second stage.

Not 100% sure but that's just how it came across to me!

Yeah. It looks like you are right. People will get emails there saying you can be called in the future if you're not called this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

I'm invited also! Tuesday. Very short notice but I'll go and do it. Don't think its random select. Just I'm progressed to the next stage

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭doc22

Did anyone not get an invite i made a mess of mine and the invite

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Midlife crisis man

I passed the test but didn't get invited to the supervised test for some reason. I take it that means I'm out of the running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Got email informing me although I reached require standard, would not be called for this batch. No indication of results either. A rather polite PFO. Well done others.

I passed the test but didn't get invited to the supervised test for some reason. I take it that means I'm out of the running?

I wasnt told that I passed. Maybe people who failed are being given second crack of the whip in supervised testing and those who passed move straight through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

It's the quickest turnaround for a psychometric test result in the Civil Service that I've seen, deadline yesterday and being emailed today.
    Makes me think that being called is not based on order of merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

It's the quickest turnaround for a psychometric test result in the Civil Service that I've seen, deadline yesterday and being emailed today.
    Makes me think that being called is not based on order of merit.
    Maybe but I wonder what the selection was based on then for next week's call?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 MCBrowne

I was told I reached the qualifying standard but I wasn't in the successful batch won't be called for supervised test at this time. I wonder how they are proceeding?
    Bit confusing!

Advertisement