Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2018 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Emanine

Hi just got an email inviting me to the Supervised Tests:

It reads: "Further to your completion of the unsupervised online tests, you have been progressed to the next stage of the selection process for the role of Administrative Officer at Revenue. As part of the next stage of the process, you are required to complete your online assessments in a supervised environment. The three tests are Numerical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning and a Situational Judgement Questionnaire. These tests measure important abilities that are required to work effectively in this role".

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭shawki

Is there any flexibility regarding the date for the supervised test?

I happened to get the one day I’m not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Email em back and see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭shawki

Rikand wrote: »
    Email em back and see :)

Yup and is it okay if I check if anyone has done it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 irumudikkilli

I am totally surprised I was called for this Dublin test given that I blew both verbal and numerical (barely answered half in each of them). From the e-mail, it is not clear if onsite exam will be the same style as the online exam (12 min/49, 12 min/37, chatAssess). E.g. the e-mail mentions "Situational Judgement Questionnaire" and does not say anything about time other than a total of 60 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Porridge77

I'm quite disappointed that I'm not called for next week, got the standard email saying I reached the required standard but I'm not been called for a retest. Quick turn around has me thinking jobs are available quite quickly + likely to be in the bigger regions like Dublin, Limerick, Cork which I didn't select as a location choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MCBrowne

Did anyone happen to save the booklet/job description. It seems to be have taken down from online.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

In the invite to unsupervised test email it states:

"We will be calling a limited number of successful candidates initially from these unsupervised tests, if you are among these successful candidates, you will be called to a supervised verification test, these tests will take place in Dublin between 30th October and 6th November 2018."

This might explain the quick turnaround time for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp star

Did anyone not reach the qualifying standard?

My message sayes along the lines of 'I am not being called for supervised testing at this time, but may however be called for supervised verification tests at a later time and we will be in touch with details at that time'

I was wondering did all candidates get this message that were not successful?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Porridge77 wrote: »
    I'm quite disappointed that I'm not called for next week, got the standard email saying I reached the required standard but I'm not been called for a retest. Quick turn around has me thinking jobs are available quite quickly + likely to be in the bigger regions like Dublin, Limerick, Cork which I didn't select as a location choice.

I wonder how many positions are available overall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Here's the booklet.

I didn't put down Dublin, Limerick or any of the big cities. It's very strange, so little information, it's like they want to confuse people and create more questions than answers

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

Just wondering what time have people been allocated for for the supervised tests ? I have been given 9:45.

Densey12 wrote: »
    Just wondering what time have people been allocated for for the supervised tests ? I have been given 9:45.

I have 11.15

• Registered Users Posts: 43 irumudikkilli

I have been given 9:45 as well.

2.45pm here. Not ideal at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lisland

This is what I got in case anyone feels alone :) for the 2nd paragraph they can fcuk maybe calling! :)

Further to your completion of the unsupervised online tests for the above competition. Whilst you reached the required standard in these tests, you are not among the batch of successful candidates that we are currently inviting to the supervised verification tests.

You may however be called to sit supervised verification tests at a later date and we will be in touch with details at that time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

So either everyone reached the required standard/there is no required standard/it's a lazy lame platitude. Wonder which is true.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

I asked Revenue about issuing results and they refused, however they did say that 350 plus have been called forward..

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doc22

Mac0783 wrote: »
    I asked Revenue about issuing results and they refused, however they did say that 350 plus have been called forward..

why did they not do the same for EO,only some where verified. Perhaps they noticed some big difference in those they did and caught lots of cheats.

Done and dusted. Wasn't too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

audrey2014 wrote: »
    Done and dusted. Wasn't too bad.

Was it similar to the unsupervised one Audrey ? Did an hour cover it ?

Was it similar to the unsupervised one Audrey ? Did an hour cover it ?

Yup. An hour plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

Yup. An hour plenty
    Is it Jeans and jumper or would Slacks and shirt be more suitable.

Is it Jeans and jumper or would Slacks and shirt be more suitable.

I wore jeans and a hoody thing. Some others were dressed smarter

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

I wore jeans and a hoody thing. Some others were dressed smarter

If it is just a supervised test, go as casual as you like. There is no point sitting there in uncomfortable formal wear if it is just for exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 7p892gydacnrm4

I havent got a reply from revenue since i sat apptitude test last week, just wondering is this procedure

I havent got a reply from revenue since i sat apptitude test last week, just wondering is this procedure

They're testing til next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 7p892gydacnrm4

But if you didnt get called to supervised apptitude, did you not pass, thanks for reply

But if you didnt get called to supervised apptitude, did you not pass, thanks for reply

Did u not get an email. Everyone got an email either way I think

• Advertisement

I had to pull out of the competition, unfortunately, so maybe they'll call someone else in my place...

Advertisement