Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2018 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Options
  • 20-09-2018 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

Administrative Officers 2018 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance - Nationwide
    "Excellent opportunities for graduates to build a career in Revenue, working in a wide variety of tax and customs areas, including:
    • Tax and customs audits and investigations.
    • Contributing to the development of tax and customs policy and drafting legislation for its implementation.
    • Research using data science, analytics and statistical analysis to assist in increasing taxpayer compliance and to improve Revenue’s services.
    • International taxation (including transfer pricing) and tax aspects of EU membership.

See Information booklet for more details."

The closing date for this competition is 1pm on Thursday 11 October 2018.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/information-about-revenue/careers/career-opportunities.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Sound. Was looking at it earlier. Must register.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 asd1

Thanks Mike.
    I'm doubting I'll qualify , I'll finish a level 9 in Management Practice in June ? Does this come under business do you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

asd1 wrote: »
    Thanks Mike.
    I'm doubting I'll qualify , I'll finish a level 9 in Management Practice in June ? Does this come under business do you think ?

There is an option to be consideration in September - December 2019 if you dont currently meet the criteria at the moment.

On the Level 9 question. Is it a Post-Grad Dip (60 Credits) or Masters (90 Credits)?

If its a masters it (should) be titled "Masters of Business in Management Practice"

I studied management myself (Level 8) but my qualification is styled "Higher Diploma in Business in Management"

Thanks Mike.

asd1, Its the same criteria as for the EO in Tax, Audit and Compliance. Your eligibility was already checked surely?

Correction, the EO was a level 6 & the AO is a Level 8 qualification but the required fields of study are the same.

Mike,
    I have a general degree in economics level 7 so eo sorted.
    The level 9 is postgrad not masters? The registration process is new .The wording is important as we seem to be self-assessing which concerns me. Reckon I'll email to clarify .
    Wrong thread here but have you interviewed yet for eo?

• Advertisement

Mike,
    I have a general degree in economics level 7 so eo sorted.
    The level 9 is postgrad not masters? The registration process is new .The wording is important as we seem to be self-assessing which concerns me. Reckon I'll email to clarify .
    Wrong thread here but have you interviewed yet for eo?

Theres no harm in giving them a email or call but I'd say you'd be alright.

I checked the application form and there doesn't seem to be an option for "business" so I'm going to email them myself to find out how that works.

No I didn't, I didn't make the first round interview group so it will be at least January before the next round are called.

It does say 'Business' ,so you should be ok. I'll clarify mine directly.

It does say 'Business' ,so you should be ok. I'll clarify mine directly.

Yeah but when you go into the Application form it says:

"Q4. Please indicate which of the following panel(s) you wish to be considered for.
    • Taxation
    • Accounting
    • Law
    • Data Analytics/Statistics/Economics

*To apply you must have a minimum Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications specific to the area for which you are applying."

I am presuming the fourth category is like an 'others' option but its not very clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Anastasia_

I submitted the application form for this but didn't get a confirmation email and was just brought back to the 'Overview' page - is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lisland

Anastasia_ wrote: »
    I submitted the application form for this but didn't get a confirmation email and was just brought back to the 'Overview' page - is this normal?

I just did the application too and same, so I'm sure all fine. It has in the handbook that our email address will be used for any correspondence relating to the comp, so we might receive something at closing date when all applications in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jw_sweetman

Sent in an application a few days ago but haven't received an acknowledgement e-mail. Anyone else not get one?

It should be fine ,but if you dont receive a confirmation email by 18th October contact them then .

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭crebel81

Hey folks.

I work as a tax consultant and im interested in applying for the role in Revenue.

I meet the requirements for having the minimum qualification.

Just wondering about salary. I haven't read the information booklet but am I correct in saying the entry level salary is in or around 31k or how does it work?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Hi there. I have applied for this but I have a 2.1 in Mech Engineering. Not sure if it would be valid though, its got heavy enough maths components but isnt strictly a maths degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I just filled out the few questions on the website. There was no application form or anything or did I miss something? I'm assuming they'll send one out to you if you met their requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I just filled out the few questions on the website. There was no application form or anything or did I miss something? I'm assuming they'll send one out to you if you met their requirements?

Yeah to the final part.

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Yeah.

That was super helpful btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Did everyone get an email? I haven't heard anything but I'd meet all their requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Did everyone get an email? I haven't heard anything but I'd meet all their requirements.

Got no email either?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

audrey2014 wrote: »
    Got no email either?

Emails will issue after the closing date ! Think it’s the 18th of October !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

crebel81 wrote: »
    Hey folks.

I work as a tax consultant and im interested in applying for the role in Revenue.

I meet the requirements for having the minimum qualification.

Just wondering about salary. I haven't read the information booklet but am I correct in saying the entry level salary is in or around 31k or how does it work?

Thanks

Yes you are correct on the entry level !
    This is not negoiatable.
    You move up a point in the scale then each year.
    The scale is in the information booklet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Current AO scale as of 1 October 2018.

ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (PPC)

€31,848 – €34,250 – €34,935 – €37,942 – €41,791 – €44,719 – €47,650 – €50,590 – €53,521 – €56,441 – €58, 466¹ – €60,486²

¹After 3 years of service at the maximum.
    ²After 6 years of service at the maximum.

Got email there acknowledging registration. No application form or anything though, just advising the next stage involves online tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

engiweirdo wrote: »
    Got email there acknowledging registration. No application form or anything though, just advising the next stage involves online tests.

i got same good luck to every one

If this competition is ran like the EO, they do unsupervised tests to get OOM.

Only people who are being called to interview will get the second application form. On the interview date, people will be selected at random for supervised re-test.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Has anyone done this tests before. Are they similar to the test on the public jobs? And just wondering does anyone know from last year competition how many people applied for this position?

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Has anyone done this tests before. Are they similar to the test on the public jobs? And just wondering does anyone know from last year competition how many people applied for this position?

In the EO - Tax, Audit and Compliance competition earlier this year they used Cut-e which is different to the PAS website one but i don't know if this will be the same... They did give you a link to practice beforehand tho.

In that it was verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning and a logical test (to see if you can identify trends and patterns).

Email there about test for this. To be completed by next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Anastasia_

Has anyone done them? Just did the ones for Public Jobs AO and thought the numerical was awful so have seriously knocked confidence for this.. Are they as bad?

• Advertisement

Anastasia_ wrote: »
    Has anyone done them? Just did the ones for Public Jobs AO and thought the numerical was awful so have seriously knocked confidence for this.. Are they as bad?
    I thought they were a good bit more user friendly than the general CS tests anyway. About a similar level of difficulty. 12 mins for each section. Got 30/37 numerical completed and 41/49 verbal reasoning. The other bit is an email/messenger conversation simulation, which was interesting if nothing else. They used the same software/provider "cut e"as the ESB Engineering grad programme and the Revenue one was a little step down from that I found.So you could maybe apply for that for a trial run at the test even if you are not qualified for it. Hope this helps.

Advertisement