Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2018 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Galantis

Rikand wrote: »
    Hopefully soon. Think Nada said we'd be hearing within a couple of weeks from when we did the supervised tests and considering they are hoping to fill positions for January from this round of applications you'd expect they'd be looking to form interview panels for early December. Should hope that we'll hear results before the end of this month

If we dont hear this week then i cant see them interviewing before january. They will have to give people notice for interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ros260

For the last pas eo competition you were giving less then a week notice for interview. Still 4 working weeks to xmas plenty of time to have an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

yeah sure we only had a week to prepare for the supervised test

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

If successful in the the supervised test , will we not have to complete a competency based application form ?

And would they screen these applications then to decide who gets called for interview ?

Or if you pass supervised tests are you guaranteed an interview ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Williggy

Did anyone contact the recruitment team to see when we would get feedback on supervised tests? Was going to email but if someone has already it will save me an email. Thanks

• Advertisement

Just got the email from them. I reached the qualifying standard from the supervises tests but won't be called to interview for the first batch. However, I may be called at a later time should the need arrive.

So I can still hold out some hope hehe

Best of luck to anyone who got through the supervised to the interview stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

Just got the email from them. I reached the qualifying standard from the supervises tests but won't be called to interview for the first batch. However, I may be called at a later time should the need arrive.

Got the same myself, thought I might have at least got an interview!!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Anastasia_

Got the same. A bit relieved, feeling a bit swamped with interviews and aptitude tests at the moment :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

I just got the email from them too. Have to submit a form by next Friday. Interviews in January

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭doc22

Same email passed but not first batch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Aisinikins

Passed and got competency form to complete .

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Passed and got interview invite. Freaking out now, I've always wanted to work for Revenue.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

The "not now but maybe later" batch - are we talking about weeks later....months later....half a year...more?

The_Brood wrote: »
    The "not now but maybe later" batch - are we talking about weeks later....months later....half a year...more?

Probably never, but ya never know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Phantasos

Also in the "not now maybe later" group. Kinda disappointed, I was quietly confident.

I wonder if that means they're only calling people from a certain area, or the top 10, or the top 50, or if they will actually work through the panel over time.

A bit more clarity would be nice! I guess I better take it that I'm getting nothing, but be surprised if called to interview down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

The panel’s open until the 31st Dec 2019.

Phantasos wrote: »
    Also in the "not now maybe later" group. Kinda disappointed, I was quietly confident.

I wonder if that means they're only calling people from a certain area, or the top 10, or the top 50, or if they will actually work through the panel over time.

A bit more clarity would be nice! I guess I better take it that I'm getting nothing, but be surprised if called to interview down the line.

We didn't specify locations so it's not by area. Maybe they're taking into account qualifications experience or an OOM they haven't made public yet. They'll call another batch I'd say

audrey2014 wrote: »
    We didn't specify locations so it's not by area. Maybe they're taking into account qualifications experience or an OOM they haven't made public yet. They'll call another batch I'd say

I gave locations for mine. I specified the 3 counties nearest to me

Also, as per the application form that I filled in, the only qualifications information they have from me is that I have a level 9 certification

I gave locations for mine. I specified the 3 counties nearest to me

Also, as per the application form that I filled in, the only qualifications information they have from me is that I have a level 9 certification

Maybe I did give locations so....what counties did you specify? If I said anything it would have been Limerick cork Kerry Tipp. But can't remember

Maybe I did give locations so....what counties did you specify? If I said anything it would have been Limerick cork Kerry Tipp. But can't remember

midlands for me.

They wouldnt have been high choice for admin officer roles I later found out. Galway wouldnt have been a bad commute in hindsight so maybe I could/should have picked there :)

• Advertisement

midlands for me.

They wouldnt have been high choice for admin officer roles I later found out. Galway wouldnt have been a bad commute in hindsight so maybe I could/should have picked there :)

Maybe they'll have another round for a summer intake. Anything is possible.

I came on to ask the same question about location, I don't recall selecting. Were all 26 counties available? I'm midlands too, Galway in theory wouldn't be bad but it's the traffic around the city and the winter weather that would put me off..

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Mac0783 wrote: »
    I came on to ask the same question about location, I don't recall selecting. Were all 26 counties available?

Near enough. You could choose up to 3 from around 20 counties when applying at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jw_sweetman

So is there anyone here whos currently working as an AO with Revenue? Would be curious to hear about the differences between EO and AO in Revenue specifically.

How's everyone going for interview faring out with the form filling

Not good. These forms are horrendous at the best of times, but work is crazy busy this week and i've had very little time to work on it.

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Not good. These forms are horrendous at the best of times, but work is crazy busy this week and i've had very little time to work on it.

I'm on the verge of a breakdown now. If the phone rings once more time I'm going to hurl it out the window. It'll make a satisfactory noise when it hits the pavement from 5 floors up. I've one more competency to do and I don't know where to start. I know what I want to say but my brain is not functioning

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Joem123556

Very confused. Received an email giving me my rating in tests and then saying the top 129 were invited to interview but I’m within that figure and I wasn’t.

Joem123556 wrote: »
    Very confused. Received an email giving me my rating in tests and then saying the top 129 were invited to interview but I’m within that figure and I wasn’t.

Makes no sense. Was it definitely the audit one and not the general one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Joem123556

Makes no sense. Was it definitely the audit one and not the general one

Definitely yeah.

Advertisement