Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2018 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Any ideas how long they're testing for? What's the latest time anyone got for the exam? There were only 10 people in my session, which I thought was very small..

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭shawki

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Any ideas how long they're testing for? What's the latest time anyone got for the exam? There were only 10 people in my session, which I thought was very small..

Tomorrow is the last day,

There was 12 in mine and about the same in the assessment before mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Anastasia_

I'm in tomorrow and I think that's the last day. Is it easy to find with Google maps? Someone told me he Google mapped it and it just brought him to a wall so that's what I'm currently most worried about :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭shawki

Tomorrow is the last day,

There was 12 in mine and about the same in the assessment before mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

Anastasia_ wrote: »
    I'm in tomorrow and I think that's the last day. Is it easy to find with Google maps? Someone told me he Google mapped it and it just brought him to a wall so that's what I'm currently most worried about :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I google mapped the post code given and this brought me to the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 MCBrowne

I wonder will they be calling any more people any time soon.
    Or is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flo2009

I google mapped the post code given and this brought me to the door.

😂😂

I’m in tomorrow, I’m hoping il get to the door

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

I had 4.15pm and I was told Friday that they are testing for another 2 weeks ! And that we should here in approx 3 weeks time !

Anastasia_ wrote: »

I put it straight into google maps and it brought me to the door ! It’s a five minute walk from the abbey street Luas stop !! D’Oliere house is written over the door !! It’s D’Olier House PSC Centre will come up on google maps !!! You go in the appeals office door and the man at reception will point you to the correct floor! I’m was stressing too but it’s very easy to find!! If you are there extremely early , as I was walk past D’Olier house and just on the corner there is a bar/food place where ya can get a cuppa! Gallaghers it’s called !

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

Had my testing today. Pretty straightforward and they let you do it in your own time, and a lot more relaxed than PAS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Phantasos

mac1ntosh wrote: »
    Had my testing today. Pretty straightforward and they let you do it in your own time, and a lot more relaxed than PAS.

Definitely more chill than PAS, in a good way. You get in, do your tests, and get out fairly quickly. A quick ID check without the military procedures that PAS have!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

exactly! the build up to the exams that PAS have is more stressful than anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Daisybear

Are all three areas assessed in Dublin? The numerical, verbal and the chatAssess that we had online? Does the score for all count towards result?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

It's the verbal and the conditional that contribute towards your score, you only need to pass the numerical.

Anyone contacted Revenue? I wonder when we'll hear about interviews..

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ros260

It's the verbal and the conditional that contribute towards your score, you only need to pass the numerical.

Anyone contacted Revenue? I wonder when we'll hear about interviews..

Is that true? Seems bizarre that in a job that numerical skills are so important that it is not counted. I did badly in the verbal one and I think well in the other 2, which presumably means I will get knocked out

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ros260 wrote: »
    Is that true? Seems bizarre that in a job that numerical skills are so important that it is not counted. I did badly in the verbal one and I think well in the other 2, which presumably means I will get knocked out

Have to agree. Especially if you're going for one of the statistical or analytical roles surely the mathematical results will be important. But I'm sure they look into everything when there is 2-3 week delay on finding out from the supervised tests

As far as I know there is testing going on this week for people who couldn’t make appointed slots !! Will prob def be next week at least before people hear anything .... revenue recruitment is a very slow process

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Phantasos

Is it true that some Revenue offices have staff come in on Saturdays now?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Phantasos wrote: »
    Is it true that some Revenue offices have staff come in on Saturdays now?

Yes, and No.

Only some sections such as PAYE are doing late evenings and on Sat but thats only temporarily as staff were diverted to projects such as PAYE Modernisation preparation and training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

So I just got an email giving me my results from my stage 1 test which I did online saying I was 76th in order of merit and the next stage starts Monday 3rd December.

Just saw on the thread people had done supervised tests. Were ye higher than 76th so? I'm confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

So I just got an email giving me my results from my stage 1 test which I did online saying I was 76th in order of merit and the next stage starts Monday 3rd December.

Just saw on the thread people had done supervised tests. Were ye higher than 76th so? I'm confused.

Wrong campaign. Your results are for the Public Jobs AO in the Civil Service

Revenue run there own separate AO campaigns. This is the thread for Revenue in Audit and Compliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

That's the public service tests results were released for not Revenue. Wrong thread.

Now I'm even more confused.

I did the online assessment for Revenue and then got an email to public jobs about an AO test. Ive no recollection of applying for another AO job 😂

Was I supposed to get emailed with results from the online assessment for the Revenue job? I never heard anything at all.

Cheers!

Now I'm even more confused.

I did the online assessment for Revenue and then got an email to public jobs about an AO test. Ive no recollection of applying for another AO job ��

Was I supposed to get emailed with results from the online assessment for the Revenue job? I never heard anything at all.

Cheers!

Nobody else who has done this particular campaign has received a placing as yet, nor have they had anything go to publicjobs as far as I'm aware.

I know I have been receiving everything via email only. Nothing has gone through publicjobs

Could be something to do with this one maybe ::

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057891302

or this one ::

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057913155 - But this one isnt revenue specific

Cool, I must've done it and blocked it out.

So, in relation the online assessment I did for the Revenue role which came to my email, was I supposed to get results even if I wasn't selected for second round?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Cool, I must've done it and blocked it out.

So, in relation the online assessment I did for the Revenue role which came to my email, was I supposed to get results even if I wasn't selected for second round?

Noone got an OOM but we got emails to say if we were being called to the next stage

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Galantis

Any idea when results will be out?

Galantis wrote: »
    Any idea when results will be out?

Hopefully soon. Think Nada said we'd be hearing within a couple of weeks from when we did the supervised tests and considering they are hoping to fill positions for January from this round of applications you'd expect they'd be looking to form interview panels for early December. Should hope that we'll hear results before the end of this month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jw_sweetman

Any idea how many they're recruiting and if there's going to be second intake?

Advertisement