Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016 - The story continues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭lucybousy

Has anyone else apart from spellmaker get offered Longford lately

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Icbaby

podsull1 wrote: »
    I did but wouldn’t tell me where they have reached to allocate people , I’m in batch 4 :( , I feel I may never be reached before deadline

Email them, they told me what no they were at and exactly how many on front of me. They are really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Icbaby wrote: »
    Email them, they told me what no they were at and exactly how many on front of me. They are really nice.

Thanks for that will do :)

Thanks for that will do :)

Here's the email address incase you need it :)
    clearance@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jacqs

lucybousy wrote: »

I’m 102 .. I rang them today they said a few were cleared since last week ( what ever that means) and approx 5 away from me?

What number are you?

• Advertisement

Spellmaker wrote: »
    I'm in, by the skin of my teeth! I was offered both of my counties today, so I get to choose. Both are around the same distance from me.

Which would be nicer - Social Protection in Longford, or Garda Civilian in Mullingar? I'm questioning my brains at this stage, and do not want to be out of my depth. Which would be less "challenging" (as they say these days)?

P.S. I was Batch 2, No. 100 in W'meath, and Batch 1, No. 92 in Longford.

Have you decided which placement your going to take?

lucybousy wrote: »

What number are you?

No movement in kerry now , say it’s game over

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gambon

Anyone with tips or info about working in the courts services??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fific93

Can anyone who has been placed with the gardai tell me about the special vetting? Will I have additional forms to fill out or are the two forms (one to PAS and one to the vetting board?) all that I have to do? I seen someone say it took almost 8 months for theirs, has anyone got it quicker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Fific93 wrote: »
    Can anyone who has been placed with the gardai tell me about the special vetting? Will I have additional forms to fill out or are the two forms (one to PAS and one to the vetting board?) all that I have to do? I seen someone say it took almost 8 months for theirs, has anyone got it quicker?

I've been told its "ongoing" for me.
    6 or 7 weeks so far, no word yet.
    No extra forms .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Fific93 wrote: »

No extra forms, mine took around three months but that was last year

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kitty2011

I'm still waiting on the special garda vetting since the 18th Aug. Not sure where its at the moment and would be happy to hold off until after xmas at this stage but will just have to wait for the phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fific93

No extra forms, mine took around three months but that was last year

Is the special garda vetting the one that is sent to garda hq? I had to fill out two of the same applications at the one time. I have just got an email from PAS saying my garda vetting is complete is it the submission to garda hq I have to wait for now or do they both come at once?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Question, if after months of checking you don't pass the extra garda getting required for some of the jobs do you go back on the panel for others or have you lost out completely.

I don't doubt myself at all but wondering how detailed the extra checks are?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Aisling09

tringle wrote: »
    Question, if after months of checking you don't pass the extra garda getting required for some of the jobs do you go back on the panel for others or have you lost out completely.

I don't doubt myself at all but wondering how detailed the extra checks are?

Hi Tringle you go back to the top of the panel for positions that don't require the extra vetting. I was the same position myself and rang them. My vetting took 10 weeks in total

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Deegene

No movement in kerry now , say it’s game over

Hi PodSull1
    I am batch 4 no 3 in Kerry. I rang PAS last week and they said there was movement in Kerry, it has gone from 6 to 2 before me. (Batch 4 must be starting) They said there is no official closing date for Kerry but anticipate it to be start to mid November. Fingers crossed all is not lost, a lot can happen in three weeks :)

Deegene wrote: »
    Hi PodSull1
    I am batch 4 no 3 in Kerry. I rang PAS last week and they said there was movement in Kerry, it has gone from 6 to 2 before me. (Batch 4 must be starting) They said there is no official closing date for Kerry but anticipate it to be start to mid November. Fingers crossed all is not lost, a lot can happen in three weeks :)

Thanks so much for that just worried, really hope we get something after this two year wait I asked and they barely gave any info, is it possible to pm you

Hi PodSull1

Thanks so much for that just worried, really hope we get something after this two year wait I asked and they barely gave any info, is it possible to pm you

Hi PodSull1

• Advertisement

Has anyone a recent update on Longford region? Last I heard it was at 97

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

Update on the Tipp region.

They have contacted up to No.13 on Batch 5.
    So fingers crossed, there might be some hope.

Any news when the panel closes

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallydolly40

Any news when the panel closes

id say middle of november but departments could decide to wait for new panel than
    take people at the bottom of this one. so id expect little movement at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Catalan69

Just got offered a place in Wexford ...batch 2...
    Am in clearance for Dublin..... Do I have to choose now or can I let it run?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

I got placed today aswel and I accepted it but when I looked up how far it is, its 53km away!! I'm so confused as it seems a very long distance to travel.... I don't want to turn it down because it's so close to the comp finishing!

miccy203 wrote: »
    I got placed today aswel and I accepted it but when I looked up how far it is, its 53km away!! I'm so confused as it seems a very long distance to travel.... I don't want to turn it down because it's so close to the comp finishing!

That's a long trek. You have to do a pros and cons and figure out is it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MegX

miccy203 wrote: »

I accepted a position that wasn't ideal travel wise. PAS advised that if you turn down an offer you're off the list so doesn't really matter if comp is finishing. Only option I have is to apply for transfer on mobility list. Downside is you'll have to be in position 2 years before you're eligible.
    Did anyone put their name on list on 1st day of work? Not ideal start in new job but thinking I should do it t 1st day. Thinking the sooner the better to have name in due to 2 year wait for eligibility.

If I were you do it first day , you should the accept the offer I guess it was a long 2year wait and can always transfer down the line , weigh up the best routes and in two years you’ll can transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 MegX

If I were you do it first day , you should the accept the offer I guess it was a long 2year wait and can always transfer down the line , weigh up the best routes and in two years you’ll can transfer

Accepted t offer. After 2 years waiting had to take it. Eligible for transfer after 2 years but mite hav to add another 2/3 years before same actually happens. Doin 2018 competitions also to add options. Hope u get an offer from this panel too podsull1. Best of luck.

Advertisement