Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016 - The story continues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MegX

podsull1 wrote: »
    If I were you do it first day , you should the accept the offer I guess it was a long 2year wait and can always transfer down the line , weigh up the best routes and in two years you’ll can transfer

Accepted t offer. After 2 years waiting had to take it. Eligible for transfer after 2 years but mite hav to add another 2/3 years before same actually happens. Doin 2018 competitions also to add options. Hope u get an offer from this panel too podsull1. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Congrats again and always be positive it’s a secure job with plenty opportunities in future you in there now :) , hopefully it it’s looking unlikely not sure when the 2016 panel finishes

podsull1 wrote: »
    Congrats again and always be positive it’s a secure job with plenty opportunities in future you in there now :) , hopefully it it’s looking unlikely not sure when the 2016 panel finishes

Thanks. Had just about given up on getting offer. It's hard when we never know an exact date for when a panel closes.

Ya it’s the unkown that the thing buy the at least you have the job now and it’s full time for you so don’t look back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

Thanks guys, it really was a hard 2yrs of waiting tbh. I accepted the position so all I can do is try it out and see how I get on! I asked PAS when was the closing date and he couldn't say when as they were still placing people, so u just might get in there!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Catalan69 wrote: »
    Just got offered a place in Wexford ...batch 2...
    Am in clearance for Dublin..... Do I have to choose now or can I let it run?

What number are they on in batch 2 for Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Catalan69

Annie K64 wrote: »
    What number are they on in batch 2 for Wexford

Am mid teens

miccy203 wrote: »
    I got placed today aswel and I accepted it but when I looked up how far it is, its 53km away!! I'm so confused as it seems a very long distance to travel.... I don't want to turn it down because it's so close to the comp finishing!

Take it, I travel 59k to work. Apply for mobility straight away when you start. It takes 2 years to get a transfer but you will get one.

Catalan69 wrote: »
    Am mid teens

Thanks, a friend of mine is 20 for wexford and she was giving up hope

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Waiting16

Well thats it, panel closed this evening.. What a disappointment. There were 4 in front of me last time I phoned. Very hard to think after over 2 years thats the end.. Onward and upward.. Not meant to be.

• Advertisement

Waiting16 wrote: »
    Well thats it, panel closed this evening.. What a disappointment. There were 4 in front of me last time I phoned. Very hard to think after over 2 years thats the end.. Onward and upward.. Not meant to be.

Did PAS tell you it's closed?

Is that what they said 2018 campaign gotthere unterview results

Got E Mail this evening to say panel now closed and any new requests will be taken from 2018 panel

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Icbaby

It's a balls alright, had 3 on front of me and that's that. What a long wait!!!

Got E Mail this evening to say panel now closed and any new requests will be taken from 2018 panel

The message board was it? That's awful after all this time.

The message board was it? That's awful after all this time.
    Yes on message board. I thought you might be told it will be closing in a few weeks, didnt expect to just hear on day it closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Icbaby

Yes on message board. I thought you might be told it will be closing in a few weeks, didnt expect to just hear on day it closed.

Don't think I'd ever do it again!!! It's too disappointing to pass everything and still get kicked at the final hurdle.

Ya called up public jobs too to hear the news 2018 campaign first stage placements starts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Really Sorry to hear the news guys.

• Advertisement

So sorry for anyone who had been waiting for placement. Hopefully 2018 campaign will work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was talking to Pas this morning. This panel is closed since 8am today.
    They will be filling any future vacancies from the 2018 panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallydolly40

I was talking to Pas this morning. This panel is closed since 8am today.
    They will be filling any future vacancies from the 2018 panel.

and mobility which the 2016 campaign didnt have to factor in.

some counties will be so slow to move if long transfer list. lots of dublin based getting out. 50/50 was told not sure in practice

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

some counties will be so slow to move if long transfer list. lots of dublin based getting out. 50/50 was told not sure in practice

Why didn’t the 2016 panel have to contend with a transfer list?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Why didn’t the 2016 panel have to contend with a transfer list?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mpot2018

Hello. I got a call last week offering me a job. Department of justice. Does anyone know how long I'll be waiting for clearance and reference etc to go through and when I'll get a start date? And also if that dept does flexi time? Tipp region? I want to figure out when to hand in notice. Also nervous of them calling my current employer I have to tell them tomorrow that pas will be in contact. Thanks

Hello. I got a call last week offering me a job. Department of justice. Does anyone know how long I'll be waiting for clearance and reference etc to go through and when I'll get a start date? And also if that dept does flexi time? Tipp region? I want to figure out when to hand in notice. Also nervous of them calling my current employer I have to tell them tomorrow that pas will be in contact. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Mpot2018 wrote: »

If the Dept. Justice requires you to have the "extra vetting" you could be looking at March or April 2019.
    Its impossible to say, because no one will commit themselves to predicting how long the process "might" take.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    If the Dept. Justice requires you to have the "extra vetting" you could be looking at March or April 2019.
    Its impossible to say, because no one will commit themselves to oredicting how long the process "might" take.

Oh god that's a pain. I have to ask my manager for a reference tomorrow but not hand in my notice. Assuming it's going to be particularly awkward. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Mpot2018 wrote: »
    Oh god that's a pain. I have to ask my manager for a reference tomorrow but not hand in my notice. Assuming it's going to be particularly awkward. Thanks

Perhaps he will offer you a raise!

Advertisement