Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016 - The story continues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    2 years, 5 months later :-)
    That was a seriously long road, I hope the drop in pay will be worth the move in the long term.

I am pleased to inform you that following the selection process for the above-mentioned campaign
    you are being assigned to a position in An Garda Siochana, Limerick.
    The Personnel Section of that Department will be in touch with you shortly in relation to your assignment,
    including details of the location you should report to and your start date. If you have any enquiries with regard to your appointment.

Congrats and well done, are you from limerick yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

Annie K64 wrote: »
    You don't get paid the first week but you get 2 weeks pay the 2nd week

I got paid the first week.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

podsull1 wrote: »
    Congrats and well done, are you from limerick yourself

No but not a million miles away. Once it's the citaay I'll be fine but if it's a rural town I'd have to decline the offer because of distance.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    2 years, 5 months later :-)
    That was a seriously long road, I hope the drop in pay will be worth the move in the long term.

I am pleased to inform you that following the selection process for the above-mentioned campaign
    you are being assigned to a position in An Garda Siochana, Limerick.
    The Personnel Section of that Department will be in touch with you shortly in relation to your assignment,
    including details of the location you should report to and your start date. If you have any enquiries with regard to your appointment.[/quo,

Great news, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Gra11 wrote: »
    I got paid the first week.[/quoi

I didn't as I didn't have my p45 when I started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Kmhgallagher7

best of luck to you, it will be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fific93

Anyone have any updates on the waiting time for special clearance for the gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kitty2011

Fific93 wrote: »
    Anyone have any updates on the waiting time for special clearance for the gardai?

I'm still waiting for clearance and got offered a position on 18th Aug. They did say at the time it would be in excess of 3 months and the last update I had was that I was gone through phase 1 and there was another 2 to go. Happy enough to hold off till after xmas but hoping to get started by the end of Jan :)

Kitty2011 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for clearance and got offered a position on 18th Aug. They did say at the time it would be in excess of 3 months and the last update I had was that I was gone through phase 1 and there was another 2 to go. Happy enough to hold off till after xmas but hoping to get started by the end of Jan :)

Congrats, where is that for

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kitty2011

Congrats, where is that for

Thanks, it's for Tipperary.

• Advertisement

Kitty2011 wrote: »
    Thanks. I didn't get offered my place until thr end of September so I guess I have another while to wait for clearance haha

Anyone get clearance for kerry in 2016 panel

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

Would anyone have an idea what way the Christmas hours are worked? I'm starting next week but the creche wants the forms back by tomorrow to say what days they would be in!

miccy203 wrote: »
    Would anyone have an idea what way the Christmas hours are worked? I'm starting next week but the creche wants the forms back by tomorrow to say what days they would be in!

Depends what department where and what department are you going to

Depends what department where and what department are you going to

I'm going to dept of Justice in Tipp Town.

Best thing is ring up station you are going to they would let you know. Most people would have AL pre booked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Can anyone tell me what number they reached on the Galway & Mayo panels for this campaign?

It seems many counties barely got above 50 from the initial tests.

It seems to have got really competitive to get a job in the civil service, with the exception of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Joe222 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what number they reached on the Galway & Mayo panels for this campaign?

It seems many counties barely got above 50 from the initial tests.

It seems to have got really competitive to get a job in the civil service, with the exception of Dublin.

I am not sure the number they got to for Mayo, but I know they never reached the second batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Xenji wrote: »
    I am not sure the number they got to for Mayo, but I know they never reached the second batch.

They really need to look at the application system. You have an unsupervised stage that determines who gets jobs. A huge amount of good candidates are being effectively eliminated before they even get a chance to be interviewed and showcase their experience and skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Joe222 wrote: »
    They really need to look at the application system. You have an unsupervised stage that determines who gets jobs. A huge amount of good candidates are being effectively eliminated before they even get a chance to be interviewed and showcase their experience and skills.

Bottom of the barrel job at €23k in the civil service is the clerical officer, experience and skills are not relevant as training is provided. The unsupervised test is only a basic test to see if it's worth taking you to the same supervised test in Dublin. If you do well in the unsupervised test then you'll do well in the supervised test, the process weeds out the people that did the unsupervised test themselves v the one's that got a friend to take the test. If you don't make the cut in the supervised test then next on the line in the unsupervised test gets called. While there may be better methods of hiring I think it's reasonably fair when there are so many applicants to deal with.

Just a passenger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaiya

How long does the garda extra vetting take approximately.

Kaiya wrote: »
    How long does the garda extra vetting take approximately.

Mines took about 11 weeks, got word of it just before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 slave77

Fific93 wrote: »
    Mines took about 11 weeks, got word of it just before Christmas.

Mine took 16 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaiya

slave77 wrote: »
    Mine took 16 weeks

Thanks.i am into week 16 now !!! Hopefully not much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Fiona Marie

Has the starting salary for a co increased from January 1st?

Has the starting salary for a co increased from January 1st?

Yep it has...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gambon

miccy203 wrote: »
    Yep it has...

Has yours increased by much? Mine only went up a couple of Euro. Also did you or anyone hear of any increases coming to entry level COs in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bill nye

It was a 1% increase in Jan and the next increase is not due until October this year I think. 1.5% increase then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Bill nye wrote: »
    It was a 1% increase in Jan and the next increase is not due until October this year I think. 1.5% increase then.

It's September and 1.75%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Bill nye

Xenji wrote: »
    It's September and 1.75%.

Right you are. I think then after it's a 2% in October the next year then.

Advertisement