Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

DeoVR is also good and free afaik... could be worth testing vs Skybox and you can still refund it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

what are the best facial interfaces lads? stock one isnt going to cut it, be great if it could be washed as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

what are the best facial interfaces lads? stock one isnt going to cut it, be great if it could be washed as well

VR cover. Which Oculus are currently offering for free for users experiencing skin irritation from using the stock one.
    They don't ask for proof or anything, just fill out the form and get one. You need your serial number and proof of purchase for orders outside of Oculus, I just screenshot the order in my Amazon account.

I've seen some people with nasty rashes from them in the facebook groups. Cool that they're offering a replacement from a 3rd party who have the best ones.

Mine is expected to come mid April so there's a bit of a backlog.

Doge wrote: »
    They don't ask for proof or anything, just fill out the form and get one.

woah nice one.. was this posted earlier in the thread?

Gonna try this in the morn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I tried this last week. Very simple process and it arrived just a couple of days later. Not had a chnace to try it yet though

• Advertisement

VR cover. Which Oculus are currently offering for free for users experiencing skin irritation from using the stock one.
    They don't ask for proof or anything, just fill out the form and get one. You need your serial number and proof of purchase for orders outside of Oculus, I just screenshot the order in my Amazon account.

I've seen some people with nasty rashes from them in the facebook groups. Cool that they're offering a replacement from a 3rd party who have the best ones.

Mine is expected to come mid April so there's a bit of a backlog.

wow thanks, ive submitted a ticket anyway, hopefully this works :)

QuestExperimentalGuardianFeatures.png

woah cool! Real couch in the virtual environment.

Would actually be great if Virtual Desktop uses this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Thanks doge

MoodeRator wrote: »
    I tried this last week. Very simple process and it arrived just a couple of days later. Not had a chnace to try it yet though

Some folks in Holland and Germany got charged customs... did you have to pay anything on it?

Was it delivered from the Irish Facebook HQ?

I had no issues with delivery at all, I was shocked at how easy it was to request this and then for it to turn up just a few days later

• Advertisement

MoodeRator wrote: »
    I had no issues with delivery at all, I was shocked at how easy it was to request this and then for it to turn up just a few days later

Can you remember what the expected delivery date was?

Maybe they're playing it safe by saying mid April for mine so.

So lads, any interest in online multiplayer with the Quest or do myself and icyseanfitz need to get a room? :pac:

I ordered on the 13th ( a couple of days after i had made the request I recieved the link to https://www.oculus.com/refurb to place order) and it delivered on the 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

mrcheez wrote: »
    QuestExperimentalGuardianFeatures.png

woah cool! Real couch in the virtual environment.

Would actually be great if Virtual Desktop uses this too!

I wonder is it this couch...

Castingcouch0000.jpg3C4D8EA9-2358-4D5E-97CA-DE29298FAA4ADefault.jpg

would be kinda fitting for when I'm using the quest sitting down :pac:

Virtual Desktop now supports PCVR streaming direct from the Oculus Store version (no need for the Sidequest patch)... happy days (for new owners)

For those of us who already have the patch it doesn't make any difference really.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Virtual Desktop now supports PCVR streaming direct from the Oculus Store version (no need for the Sidequest patch)... happy days (for new owners)

For those of us who already have the patch it doesn't make any difference really.

I was about to post the same :). I wasn't expecting them to approve it for the store, great surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Yeah. Looks like they are pushing wireless pcvr. It’s the only way forward.

It’s a good move and something they should have allowed ages ago.

Depending on your network set up, it could be very easy for new users to set up wireless pcvr now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Current oculus discount code expires tomorrow. Any multiplayer games to recommend? Already have walkabout golf, population one, Phasmaphobia, beat saber, vr karts sprint and thrill of the fight. Any type will do, sport,action horror.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

So lads, any interest in online multiplayer with the Quest or do myself and icyseanfitz need to get a room? :pac:

I'd be up for it at some point!

woah nice one.. was this posted earlier in the thread?

Gonna try this in the morn!

So I never got my follow-on mail about ordering a replacement facial interface, but I DID get a mail just now asking me to rate the support on the ticket and "We hope we were able to resolve your inquiries."

Do I need to make another ticket?

Anyone else receive the same, or did they get a response with the order link?

• Advertisement

So I never got my follow-on mail about ordering a replacement facial interface, but I DID get a mail just now asking me to rate the support on the ticket and "We hope we were able to resolve your inquiries."

Do I need to make another ticket?

Anyone else receive the same, or did they get a response with the order link?

I filled out the form on Sunday and got the instant email, then I got the follow up email on Monday, and got another email saying it shipped today.

Have you checked your spam and stuff?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone got a link to where you can fill out the form?

I filled out the form on Sunday and got the instant email, then I got the follow up email on Monday, and got another email saying it shipped today.

Have you checked your spam and stuff?

I just got the mail...w00t!!

Grazie Grazie Il Doge

Mickeroo wrote: »

it's all in the video posted a page back or so... don't have the link handy sorry

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

it's all in the video posted a page back or so... don't have the link handy sorry

No worries, somehow missed that vid, will give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Glebee

Mickeroo wrote: »

https://support.oculus.com/1504463656600795

Made my order there... delivery by March 22nd.

Have a feeling it's coming from the US so might be hit for customs, will see...

Made my order there... delivery by March 22nd.

Have a feeling it's coming from the US so might be hit for customs, will see...

It will come a lot faster than that. UPS should take less than a week. Mine is coming from Louisville, KY and it's tracking.

I've got my facial interface ordered but no shipping yet.

Any recommendations for an additional battery pack to use to increase play time.

• Advertisement

I've got my facial interface ordered but no shipping yet.

Any recommendations for an additional battery pack to use to increase play time.

Do you want to mount the battery pack to the back of the strap or keep it in your pocket?

The Anker branded power banks would be my recommendation.

Advertisement