Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Moving2017

It’s also only valid for 3 more days, so you would need to be doing your easter shopping very early for it to help with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

it has dressing, some parmesan shavings and bread crumbs … but agree wont buy to eat it..but if free why not !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Went this morning, thought I had a three off thirty token, nope, three off fifty, missed out. I need to open my effing eyes.. Fruit and veg looked better stocked, all treats available, don't know about the parkrun offers though

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭questionmark

First scratch card offer this month

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭crayon80

1st - 20% off selected alesto

2nd - Free happy bears or toffee & nuts with €10 spend

3rd - Free strawberry preserve or after dinner mint thins with €10 spend

The 2nd and 3rd can be activated at the same time.

Anyone got a 4th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Do you need to spend 20 to activate the second and third at the same time or does a tenner work?

Haven't tried yet. But both can be activated simultaneously which leads me to believe €10 will be enough?

This week’s coupon code is PARKRUN256 and will allow you a choice between organic cucumber and apple juice to help fuel you for, or recover from, your weekly parkrun.

Please note, the code can be entered into the ‘Redeem code’ section of the Lidl Plus app from tomorrow(Thursday) until Sunday night. Once activated, the voucher must be redeemed in store by next Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭markw7

This week’s coupon code is PARKRUN256 and will allow you a choice between organic cucumber and apple juice.

Please note, the code can be entered into the ‘Redeem code’ section of the Lidl Plus app from tomorrow (Thursday) until Sunday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Obligatory Parkrun code isn't working for me post 😀

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Obligatory it only works on Thursday post (l might be very wrong)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Just to confirm I got two freebies this morning with the one €10 spend (jellies and handwash).

Do u know what is on the 4th card ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,065 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Advertisement

Just got one.

20% off selected Trattoria Alfreda products.

List of 30 pizzas included including pizza bread and calzone. I wouldn't have thought they had so many.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 justlikebefore

@OmegaGene and @markw7 you guys are real heroes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Escapees

Snowflake gen?! :)

Thank you :)

This week’s coupon code is PARKRUN357 and will allow you a choice between tuna steak and blueberries to help fuel you for, or recover from, your weekly parkrun.

Please note, the code can be entered into the ‘Redeem code’ section of the Lidl Plus app from tomorrow(Thursday) until Sunday night. Once activated, the voucher must be redeemed in store by next Wednesday.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

"Once activated, the voucher must be redeemed in store by next Wednesday."

This keeps appearing every week but is incorrect. The vouchers are valid for seven days from the day you add them.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭tx_tx

So there are 2 scratchers offering different freebies with a €10 spend. Can I just spend €10 and get the 2 freebies in the same transaction?

Also, could I spend €30 and get €3 off and the 2 freebies in just one transaction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

Once both activate at the same time, yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭go4it

looks like Waste Not scheme has updated the prices, in line with inflation : new tags of 40c , €1.1 , €2.2 and €5

probably old stock of €2 tags will be used until cleared, but the 20c tags are gone methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭ECookie13

Yeah, I saw that, yet another price hike and will lead to far more waste - yet, at least my local Aldi, does 75% meat which is FAR better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

My local shop never reduces anything so not affecting me, not great though…

• Advertisement

My local Had the items reduced to 20c but then stuck the 40c on over it. They had neither the blueberries or the tuna on Parkrun offer in store this week.

every shop reduces produce at some point but it depends if you are thee to see it at the times it is reduced, my local had 10 packs of lamb mince reduce to 90 cent each hidden at the back of the fridge, a staff member was saving it lol

the reduced food is going much quicker than it used to, the fruit and veg boxes are gone almost straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭MB05

I'm not sure if it's a permanent price drop but the fresh orange juice is back at €1.49, down from €1.69.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I got the blueberries this morning, my store had 3 full boxes of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭ECookie13

This is 66c a litre in Aldi on the current offer.

Different product

The €1.49 litre is fresh juice

The 66c a litre is a 6 pack of 250ml cartons for 99c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Buffman

Yep, that's the last remnant of the 'old' Lidl prices gone, looks like Ebenezer Scrooge is officially running the place now!

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

I get the 40c tags - the Lidl I go to has not used 20c ones in a long time (only 90c) so if it means more things are 40c, I'd be okay for it.

However, the €1.10 and €2.20 are quite mean and stingy as these are items that they want gone quickly.

I look forward to the day whenever the first shop properly lowers its prices - I'd say Aldi - and that will kick off a (hopefully) brutal supermarket war.

I would love to see an ad that is true to what they offer you in store. For example:

- Maple Crisp Cereal, was 1.49, now 1.59

- Mushroom & Ricotta Ravioli, was 1.85, now, 1.99

Go Full Lidl, squeezing every cent out of you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭aidz

stung again on the 'free items' . took blueberries and came home and looked at the receipt and was charged for them!! happening a lot. sneaky tactic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Yeah, I noticed there were plenty of boxes of blueberries at ground level and easy to reach, but they were twice the size. The smaller boxes on offer were on the high shelf

Always check the product code on the coupon with the price tag in the shop, very easy to get caught out

On the plus side, I haven't gotten anything but Free With €10 Spend vouchers for the last few weeks with the scratchcards, which is much better than the crappy 20% Off Random Brand You Never Buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I was able to avoid the blueberries trap but I fell for the soups one. Only the €1.75 ones are on offer I got €1.99 ones. It really puts me off going into Lidl. I wish our local Dunnes would open as late, I'd never go to Lidl as I find this nonsense irritating and the food subpar. I prefer the €5 off €25 Dunnes vouchers, far more straightforward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

I got the blueberries but there was no product label showing the price for the 125g packet (the free one), only the 250g packet. Both items were placed side-by-side and look identical when viewed on the shelf - it's only when you compare the plastic container sizes where you can see the difference.

I also had the free apple juice from last week and guess what, the product label for the free one was also missing. The only label showing for the apple juice was the 'cloudy' one which was not free.

I believe both labels were removed on purpose as it is too much of a coincidence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

how can you claim to be stung by lidl for picking up the wrong item, it is basic shopping skills to check what you are purchasing

buyer beware and all that

i picked them up and did not get stung

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

No this is a deliberate policy by Lidl though not sure whether it's central or local management.

We had the ongoing porridge saga where they clear the shelves of the discount porridge and fill them instead with the expense non-discount packs.

And they regularly "mistakenly" stack products under the wrong label.

The best way to deal with this is to always bring the item back the next day you're shopping. Your receipt is on your Lidl+.

• Advertisement

I agree

This missing product/wrong product on shelf business is happening way too often on too many offers and in too many stores to be a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭s.k.w.

I agree, it can't possibly be because the staff have so much to do they miss things, it's definitely that the staff love having a little giggle to themselves every time they scam someone!

Okay so we have posters clearly thinking that lidl is a big con job and out to scam customers which is oaky if that is how they feel, but you would have to wonder then why said posters continue to use that shop and engage with the thread.

If i use a shop and feel like i have been ripped off or scammed there is not a hope of me stepping foot in there again.

on a similar but side note :-

While shopping in aldi recently i noticed a lady picking up 20 family packs of strawberries saying to the man beside here they are only €1.99 but aldi have changed the labelling system and the price used to be above the item and now it is below, it is a clever idea but is it a scam ? nope anyway said strawberries were €5.99

Really depends on what store you are in my local is usually good but went to one next town over bought meat recently which was 2 days out of date. I emailed customer service who apologised and told me to return it to my local store for a refund. There was a time they would offer you compensation via money off through the app but not any more. Will I continue to use lidl yes, will I check dates now ….definitely.

Anyone buy lidl firefighters recently, did I just get a bad packet, finding them complete rubbish in so far as they are hard to light and keep lighting.

Post edited by amber2 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭EarWig

We would really need some staff posting here. Maybe manager's incentives do cause some game playing.

Also, I've often wondered about the heavily discounted food. It would be natural for staff to let a friend know when the good stuff is being marked down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement