Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your New WHS Index

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,178 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

decko11 wrote: »
    Thanks Prawnsambo

Some of my unprocessed go back 2 years - any idea why the home club wouldnt process etc
    Have they always been unprocessed? If that's the case, no idea. To my mind, it's almost impossible for that to happen. If it's recent, it's probably as I describe above; away club finds some issue with their own members for that comp and 'force' an update which resets your score to unprocessed. If your club didn't do a GolfNet update (while GolfNet was still alive) that unprocessed score will probably stay that way unless somebody at the away club or Golf Ireland fix it.

Edit: Just checked with the Golf Ireland updates and it seems that your h/sec can enter these away scores manually. A pain in the hole, but at least that's one way to fix them.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Ok, I have been six weeks on to my so called handicap secretary/committee, but for the love of all that is sacred I cannot get them to add 5 counting scores that were missed from my golfnet account to my golfireland scores. I have gone about it in the nice way and now at the stage where I do not want to meet them for fear of what will be said. I have asked them politely to forward this issue to the next stage, if they are unwilling to address same and to copy me in the correspondence(as I just do not trust them to deal with it) . The next stage is to raise it with the GUI Handicapping Convenor/Branch Office, which I have asked them to do and to copy me in same, but again nothing from them. Does anyone have a contact for the GUI Handicapping Convenor/Branch Office or know where same can be found?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

septicsac wrote: »
    Ok, I have been six weeks on to my so called handicap secretary/committee, but for the love of all that is sacred I cannot get them to add 5 counting scores that were missed from my golfnet account to my golfireland scores. I have gone about it in the nice way and now at the stage where I do not want to meet them for fear of what will be said. I have asked them politely to forward this issue to the next stage, if they are unwilling to address same and to copy me in the correspondence(as I just do not trust them to deal with it) . The next stage is to raise it with the GUI Handicapping Convenor/Branch Office, which I have asked them to do and to copy me in same, but again nothing from them. Does anyone have a contact for the GUI Handicapping Convenor/Branch Office or know where same can be found?

I was in a situation were I switched clubs in late 2019, on golfnet all my old rounds were there & linked to my new gui number but on golf ireland only the 10 qualifying rounds in 2020 appeared which meant my handicap is based off my 3 best scores from 10 instead of 8 from 20.

I was onto our handicap sec & he got onto munster gui, he got the following back:

"Many clubs have been in touch wondering why some scores are missing from the system. As we mentioned last week, in arriving at the best possible estimation of a player’s WHS Index, we have used data from the old Golfnet system. In some cases the data on Golfnet was incomplete – scores were missing from players’ records. In other cases, we omitted scores that were on the Golfnet system because the data was unreliable and its use would have resulted in a less accurate calculation of WHS Indices.

It should be borne in mind that we have not tried to replicate each player’s old scoring record on the new system. We have used as many reliable scores as possible to arrive at the best possible estimate of the Indices. It is not expected that Club Officials will manually enter omitted historical scores into players’ records on the new platform. However, where the calculation of the Handicap Index isn’t quite right, you may wish to enter some historical scores to correct the Index. Alternatively, you can choose to simply apply a manual adjustment to the player’s record on the system."

So i'm just taking what I have & shur it'll even itself out over the next few months. my new handicap is 6.5 my old exact was 8.7

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm in s similar situation. Was given a 6.8 handicap (down from 13.7), and it seemed to be based on a single score (my best) from the year. When i look at my scores on GolfIreland, it shows two scores, both from the blues, and only one of them was used in the handicap calculation. Got onto my club and they eventually changed it to 10.8, but it's still showing only the one score.

If it's 10.8, that's fine and i'll try and work with it, but surely they should be able to see that only two of my scores for the entire year are listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Brusna

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm in s similar situation. Was given a 6.8 handicap (down from 13.7), and it seemed to be based on a single score (my best) from the year. When i look at my scores on GolfIreland, it shows two scores, both from the blues, and only one of them was used in the handicap calculation. Got onto my club and they eventually changed it to 10.8, but it's still showing only the one score.

If it's 10.8, that's fine and i'll try and work with it, but surely they should be able to see that only two of my scores for the entire year are listed?

So is there just 5 or less cards showing on your WHS record?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭briancoolcat

Brusna wrote: »

Hi I have only 5 competition scores recorded on golf ireland for my new WHS handicap as I only joined my club this year. My handicap went from 24 to 20.6 as I had one good round shooting 18 over par. The other four rounds were 26 over par plus but we're not taken in to consideration for the new WHS. I am a late starter to golf and was wondering should I just be happy with that handicap or should I ask the handicap secretary to take a look at it as he knows my true handicap should be around the 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Hi I have only 5 competition scores recorded on golf ireland for my new WHS handicap as I only joined my club this year. My handicap went from 24 to 20.6 as I had one good round shooting 18 over par. The other four rounds were 26 over par plus but we're not taken in to consideration for the new WHS. I am a late starter to golf and was wondering should I just be happy with that handicap or should I ask the handicap secretary to take a look at it as he knows my true handicap should be around the 24.

Play more golf

If you had a round that was 18 over I would have expected even lower handicap tbf

I personally wouldn’t ask for a change.

Your HI at the moment is based on the golf you have played and nothing else. As you add more rounds to your record it will come more in line with your ability.

If your handicap secretary makes an adjustment it will be added to each of your existing rounds. So for the next 15 rounds your handicap will be based on the golf you play plus the handicap committees opinion.

It would be 20 rounds before you get back to your HI based purely on golf played.

I wouldn’t want that, but at the end of the day it’s your decision.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's only two showing on mine, and only one is saying it was used in the calculation. That one score was my best ever score, and not really anything like most of the other scores i put it.

Hrl6wRg.png

10.8 probably isn't that far off what i would be supposed to get i suppose, as i did have a few decent rounds in the previous 20 rounds. I'd just like to make sure of that.

6.8 was nowhere near my level though, so glad that's changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭briancoolcat

I personally wouldn’t ask for a change.

Your HI at the moment is based on the golf you have played and nothing else. As you add more rounds to your record it will come more in line with your ability.

If your handicap secretary makes an adjustment it will be added to each of your existing rounds. So for the next 15 rounds your handicap will be based on the golf you play plus the handicap committees opinion.

It would be 20 rounds before you get back to your HI based purely on golf played.

I wouldn’t want that, but at the end of the day it’s your decision.

Thank you for your reply ill leave it be at the new handicap play more next year and try improve some more cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,178 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

There's only two showing on mine, and only one is saying it was used in the calculation. That one score was my best ever score, and not really anything like most of the other scores i put it.

Hrl6wRg.png

10.8 probably isn't that far off what i would be supposed to get i suppose, as i did have a few decent rounds in the previous 20 rounds. I'd just like to make sure of that.

You can get your h/sec to enter your older scores. Golf Ireland have issued some guidance on doing this:
    Entering Historical Scores:
    Whilst we have mentioned before that populating a player’s record with past scores should not be treated as an exercise in trying to perfectly replicate the player’s scoring history, we do accept that some of you may wish to enter historical scores, particularly when the score will have a material effect on the player’s WHS Handicap Index.

Historical scores can be manually input using the “Scores” tab in the Clubhouse. If it is an away score, please be sure to enter the player’s name/number before then choosing the club/course where the score was recorded.

Some of you have asked whether it is possible to enter a PCC value for such a score. Unfortunately, the system will not permit this. However, as a workaround, you may choose to adjust the adjusted gross score to take account of the difference between SSS and CSS on the day in question.

So as not to completely bury him in work, you should probably put together your missing scores on a spreadsheet first with the date, course, tees and individual hole scores as well as your handicap at the time.

Hrl6wRg.png

So for whatever reason your scores didn’t come across from golfnet to golfireland.

The rounds can be added manually but that’s a nice bit of work to get through as the handicap secretary would have to add 18 rounds by adding the individual hole score for all 18 holes for all 18 rounds.

It’s very easy to make a handicap adjustment which is what he has done in your case by adding 4 to your HI.

Of course it’s not perfect but I’d say a fair compromise.

Hrl6wRg.png

Am I going insane but your score difference for that round should be:

(83 - 71.1 - 1) * (113/129) = 9.5

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Am I going insane but your score difference for that round should be:

(83 - 71.1 - 1) * (113/129) = 9.5

The course rating is 71.9 not 71.1. That gives 8.8. The handicap secretary has given a +4 adjustment bringing it to 12.8.

His HI is 12.8 - 2 as he has only 2 scores on his record. When he has 4 cards it will go to 11.8 and at 5 cards it will go to 12.8.

AH got you

I personally dont think that adjustment should be made. The round happened and should be part of your record

We have a guy who has gone from 6 to +0.2 with only 5 rounds

Not ideal but he must play rounds to get it in order

AH got you

I personally dont think that adjustment should be made. The round happened and should be part of your record

In normal circumstances it would be one of 8 scores so in this case the +4 adjustment is appropriate imho.

We have a guy who has gone from 6 to +0.2 with only 5 rounds

Not ideal but he must play rounds to get it in order

I’d be surprised if the GUI don’t step in in that situation as the player will now be classed as an elite player.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭decko11

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Have they always been unprocessed? If that's the case, no idea. To my mind, it's almost impossible for that to happen. If it's recent, it's probably as I describe above; away club finds some issue with their own members for that comp and 'force' an update which resets your score to unprocessed. If your club didn't do a GolfNet update (while GolfNet was still alive) that unprocessed score will probably stay that way unless somebody at the away club or Golf Ireland fix it.

Edit: Just checked with the Golf Ireland updates and it seems that your h/sec can enter these away scores manually. A pain in the hole, but at least that's one way to fix them.

Yeah but then I am now meant to produce scorecards for 10 round going back 2 years... mad

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭CFG92

decko11 wrote: »
    Yeah but then I am now meant to produce scorecards for 10 round going back 2 years... mad

All that is needed is the adjusted gross score, tees played off and the date - all that should be on your golfnet record. The HC sec doesn't need to enter hole by hole scores on Golf Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

On golf Ireland it's now saying whs 25 but how did I do is 23.9. I assume I go by golf Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Keith C wrote: »
    On golf Ireland it's now saying whs 25 but how did I do is 23.9. I assume I go by golf Ireland??

HowDidiDo no longer shows your correct handicap, only when you sign in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

HowDidiDo no longer shows your correct handicap, only when you sign in.

So the current Handicap list on HowDidIdo will remain as is (i.e. out of date) going forward?

With our 14 hole competitions which started this week, the Pro was looking at the list on HowDidIdo to get each players Handicap Index and then wrote it on the card for them. I have let her know that this won't work in future.

One member played a qualifying competition at another club yesterday and it resulted in him getting .6 back and, as you highlighted, HowDidIdo has not updated his handicap.

HighLine wrote: »
    So the current Handicap list on HowDidIdo will remain as is (i.e. out of date) going forward?

With our 14 hole competitions which started this week, the Pro was looking at the list on HowDidIdo to get each players Handicap Index and then wrote it on the card for them. I have let her know that this won't work in future.

One member played a qualifying competition at another club yesterday and it resulted in him getting .6 back and, as you highlighted, HowDidIdo has not updated his handicap.

The pro can check in clubV1, just not in the puplic version (HowDidiDo) he should set up a clubhouse account with Golf Ireland.

You may have already seen it but Golf Ireland are now allowing you to see your handicap index online. This was previously only allowed via the golf Ireland website.

Glad they have seen the light.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I haven't been in masterscoreboard for so long that I forget the club password :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

You may have already seen it but Golf Ireland are now allowing you to see your handicap index online. This was previously only allowed via the golf Ireland website.

J

A big improvement. I can now see everyone's handicap index in the club.

Briefly last year I could also look in other clubs via the golf ireland app. Any idea when the app will be working again?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭the long lad

A big improvement. I can now see everyone's handicap index in the club.

Briefly last year I could also look in other clubs via the golf ireland app. Any idea when the app will be working again?

Where on the Golf Ireland site can you see other members' handicaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Where on the Golf Ireland site can you see other members' handicaps?

I can see all my club's members' HI on masterscoreboard.

Briefly on the Golf Ireland app you could see all members of all clubs. I hope that returns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Russman

J

Apologies for being a bit dense with this, but what do you mean by that ? How is viewing it online different to the Golf Ireland website ? Genuinely confused.

Advertisement