Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Mice pies and ice-cream last night!! The smell of the place gave me flashbacks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »
    Mice pies and ice-cream last night!! The smell of the place gave me flashbacks

Mice pies? Once way to solve a vermin problem I suppose ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Just chatting to the Mrs there & she told me that our 10yo daughter was in floods of tears this morning as she was asking if Santa was real, this because a friend of hers told her yesterday in school that he didn't exist.
    My Mrs without thinking (we had actually guessed that they both already knew) affirmed it that he wasnt real & my daughter was distraught at the idea... cue a quick turnaround that she (my wife) was only messing and of course santa was real which calmed my daughter down... but it seems that despite the onslaught of non believers in her group of friends she clearly still believes... I'm a wee bit delighted TBH as it makes the whole thing a little more magical & we decided there & then thta if the usual christmas events at Causey farm etc go ahead this year we'll bring them one more time as it will probably be the last time we'll get to do it.

So fingers crossed we will get a more normal build up & get to do something now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Oh dear, 10 seems so young to be doubting! :( I hate the thoughts of no Santy in the house

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Oh dear, 10 seems so young to be doubting! :( I hate the thoughts of no Santy in the house

Think i've mentioned it before on here but we've had these queries previously, going back a couple of years now. The main doubt being instigated by friends with older siblings who seem to revel in disclosing the truth to their younger sibling who in turn feel the need to then disclose this to their friends, in this instance it being our two. So unfair really, but kids will be kids at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Just chatting to the Mrs there & she told me that our 10yo daughter was in floods of tears this morning as she was asking if Santa was real, this because a friend of hers told her yesterday in school that he didn't exist.
    My Mrs without thinking (we had actually guessed that they both already knew) affirmed it that he wasnt real & my daughter was distraught at the idea... cue a quick turnaround that she (my wife) was only messing and of course santa was real which calmed my daughter down... but it seems that despite the onslaught of non believers in her group of friends she clearly still believes... I'm a wee bit delighted TBH as it makes the whole thing a little more magical & we decided there & then thta if the usual christmas events at Causey farm etc go ahead this year we'll bring them one more time as it will probably be the last time we'll get to do it.

So fingers crossed we will get a more normal build up & get to do something now.

Proud Dad :D

Our eldest will be 7 by this Christmas so hopefully got a few more years with her however she is very observant so can imagine the questions starting sooner that I would like!

When the time comes she will be under strict instructions not to say anything to her younger siblings or no presents from Santa or anyone else!!

You can always point out the obvious advantages to saying nothing about the Big Man when she does finally realise...I'm the eldest in my family and thanks to staying quiet, Santy visited me until I was well into my late teens :D

CheerLouth wrote: »
    You can always point out the obvious advantages to saying nothing about the Big Man when she does finally realise...I'm the eldest in my family and thanks to staying quiet, Santy visited me until I was well into my late teens :D

To be fair we only have the two, and they're twins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,277 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Do you know the way there’s 240 days until Christmas. Is there any chance we can knock off the 0 and make it 24 and start our Advent Calendars now?

Do you know the way there’s 240 days until Christmas. Is there any chance we can knock off the 0 and make it 24 and start our Advent Calendars now?

That would be awesome and daunting in equal measures :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I've a 13 year old who found out about the same age as yours put kept on pretending for me, I still talk to her like she still believes. Our 2 year old is at the beginning of the journey.

Bottles of Baileys are on offer at Tesco now for €9 when you use your clubcard.

We're into the 230's and the last day of April and a we've a third of the year done!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭DenMan

We're into the 230's and the last day of April and a we've a third of the year done!

Isn't it outstanding! :D

DenMan wrote: »
    Isn't it outstanding! :D

Frightening at the same time....the year is flying!

Tomorrow is the first day of summer!!

178513128_4051372831637183_5641998531004896997_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ANw57BKcWHAAX-VoHDY&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=2cedb7509add48c3955ef1a0c41bf6fd&oe=60AFFC27

DvB wrote: »
    Tomorrow is the first day of summer!!

Is it?!? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

I've just signed up to the waiting list for my hairdresser...having not had a haircut in well over a year, this is exciting!!:D

Hope everyone has a lovely long weekend :)

And yes, tomorrow IS the first day of summer!:P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've requested a call back from my hairdresser. I'm in no rush to get it done (it's been almost 10 months!) but it would be nice to be scheduled in!
    TRS30 wrote: »
    Can open. Worms everywhere. :D

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »

What time is your ferry at?

Posy wrote: »
    I've requested a call back from my hairdresser. I'm in no rush to get it done (it's been almost 10 months!) but it would be nice to be scheduled in!

I'd say every hairdresser in the country has been inundated with enquiries. I can't wait to get mine done...between the colour fading out and the post-partum hair loss/hair regrowth, it's frightful :P

Haircut booked for the 10th. Finally no more peaky blinders hair for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Posy wrote: »

I emailed my hairdresser to put me on the list back in February so hopefully i won't be waiting too long. At this stage though another couple of weeks won't make any difference.

18619899_1494325787255606_7835109997682822861_n.png?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=09cbfe&_nc_ohc=YMqLMF86I7oAX8iPF-l&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=87fb29822af673b6ed296174193f1fe9&oe=60B36FB5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Sports physio booked for the 10th for me, finally get some of the knots and tension out of my back and shoulders.

In my head I’m thinking one third of the year done.
    We’ve to do the next third and then the final third it’s Christmas mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

We’ve to do the next third and then the final third it’s Christmas mode!

I think the people on this forum are in Christmas mode all year round.:D DvB posted that its 34 weeks today to Christmas Day, so for me that will be 29 weeks until the Decorations go up.:) Flying in :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Random question but does anyone know where I could find a cute baby Christmas outfit. Zoom baby shower later in the month for friend who's having a baby boy. Surely nobody else will send a Christmas outfit :D She's in the UK btw.

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »
    Random question but does anyone know where I could find a cute baby Christmas outfit. Zoom baby shower later in the month for friend who's having a baby boy. Surely nobody else will send a Christmas outfit :D She's in the UK btw.

You could try H&M or Amazon :)

Advertisement