Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

the belt sucks and so did the segment but i actually think its a fun idea and it will have lots of fun stuff going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The new belt was kinda sad, it shows how creatively bankrupt the company is now. Remember this sh!t we did in the 90's when Steve Blackman, Crash Holly, Godfather's ho & the Mean Street Posse were winning a belt that meant nothing. I could be wrong but that strap used for the belt was a shade of green that made me think if they were going to make a Saudi belt to use on the shows & made an audible a few months ago.
    The only thing there now is the money they are making, if a good match happens it's nearly in spite of the company's direction.
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Vince - your time to go has long passed. Long, long ago. Just do the decent thing now and FÚCK off

Vince out is the new Wenger out
    "It's time to go, IT'S TIME TO GO!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭ThePott

I don't want to sh1t on everything because I've always felt a 24/7 belt had great potential in the age of the internet but that was awfully done.
    One of the ugliest belts, just looks slapped together overnight. Name is a bit obvious aswell, probably could do with a more creative name. That introduction was rough, audience didn't even boo they just didn't care. That scramble was a bit embarassing could have done with some better brawling instead of just slipping and falling pulling each other's feet. Not to mention that they made it seem pretty irrelevant with who they had fighting over it, might as well call it the Main Event title.

The R-Truth bit was decent though, seems the only thing anyone took away from this Raw was Brock using the briefcase as a boombox. We all called it and are already sick of it, BEAST IN THE BANK!

Not trying to be negative, I do think a 24/7 belt will be fun but it seemed like little thought went into it. Then again, early days hope it can be redeemed. Raw was the same as it has been the last while, meh.

EDIT- Just to be clear before anyone says it, I know the title is for the lower card and I'm fine with it being held there but by not even having some big deal wrestlers on the roster go after it makes it seem pretty clear that it's a lesser belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Agree with what has already been said. Hideous belt but it could make for some fun moments. Seen a clip of Cathy Kelly and a ref lurking about backstage, stuff like that could be a laugh. Not everything has to be workrate and prestige.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

If it gets even close to the fun we had with the hardcore title then it will work. Especially exciting in this day and age with the constant coverage on Facebook, twitter, YouTube etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The 24/7 title belt looks like the love child of old ugly green WWF belt that hogan won in 1984 and the WBC(or WBA) heavyweight boxing title. Would it not be better for WWE to sort of the booking of the championships they currently have before adding another ?

The head bopping Brock memes on Reddit have given me a laugh this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

J. Marston wrote: »
    Agree with what has already been said. Hideous belt but it could make for some fun moments. Seen a clip of Cathy Kelly and a ref lurking about backstage, stuff like that could be a laugh. Not everything has to be workrate and prestige.

Drake Maverick put up an amusing video of him seeking intel on RTruths whereabouts at a fast food drive in.

I dont where to begin with the dearth of quality on wwe tv. they have way too much talent. is the problem down to terrible writing? JR said yesterday that titles have never meant less in pro wrestling. introduce some stables/factions, make the titles worth something, invest in the chracters, bring in some managers/mouth pieces. have some long form over arching plot lines.

on a side note, brock having a laugh with the brief case is the most interesting thing he's done in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did Heyman just say Brock would be back next week? He's actually going to appear 2 weeks in a row?

I think the reaction from the crowd for the new title was partially due to the name not just being the hardcore title. And why refer to a 24/7 title as a Raw title that anyone can go for? Not just that, but then saying the last hour of the show will include it. Surely a 24/7 title will be defended in the first 2 hours as well. Maybe they'll show a compilation of pins/attempts from the past week. Though from the look of it, everyone will be easily defeated. When I saw Eric Young in the ring, I thought it was the ghost of Crash Holly.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This new title will be for the lower/low mid card guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really for the new belt to get over it does need a Crash Holly type guy chasing it and holding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Really for the new belt to get over it does need a Crash Holly type guy chasing it and holding it.

If you look at my post in smackdown thread I think drake maverick might be that guy

From the second Mick Foley took it our of the bag the belt wasn't over. It's a comedy title in a company that most of the time can't do comedy well & where it's already hard to remember who the tag, US & I.C. champions are.

ERG89 wrote: »
    From the second Mick Foley took it our of the bag the belt wasn't over. It's a comedy title in a company that most of the time can't do comedy well & where it's already hard to remember who the tag, US & I.C. champions are.

The company can't. When wrestlers are left to their own devices on social media they often can. Big E, Becky, IIconics etc.

Social media is where the belt will shine and that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,115 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the show is a load of fúcking bollocks, and the 24/7 title is the physical manifestation of the fúcking loads of bollocks it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

SlickRic wrote: »
    the show is a load of fúcking bollocks, and the 24/7 title is the physical manifestation of the fúcking loads of bollocks it is.

So you didnt enjoy it?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,115 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

So you didnt enjoy it?

;)

Vince and creative either just don't give a shít or they are diabolical at their jobs.

how you have the roster they have and have a largely unwatchable wrestling show is a miraculous feat. they should almost be proud.

fúcking idiots.

So will Renee get punished on air tomorrow on RAW for her hubby turning up on AEW?

Nattie to an extent for Bert turning up maybe.

Both made to shave each others back or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Shane the Raw GM or one of the "4" SD guys who can show up on Raw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I read an article about Meltzer saying Vince is "ungodly furious" with the WWE wrestlers who tweeted about Double or Nothing last night so we may see some punishments on Raw & Smackdown this week. He mentioned Peyton Royce, Karl Anderson, Matt Hardy Renee Young & Sasha Banks.

The phrase "ungodly furious" is so hyperbolic that it made me laugh, even more so when I saw the picture they put with the article

960.jpg

• Advertisement

He'll do nothing, if it's even true. Too many wrestlers to punish for one thing since a load of wrestlers, including current champions, indirectly tweeted about it.

Nattie to an extent for Bert turning up maybe.

WWE will punish Bret by calling him Bert for the rest of his life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

WWW will punish Bret by calling him Bert for the rest of his life :pac:

It'd be like that episode of The Simpsons when Bart's looking for a name plate, but all he finds is Bort ones.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

J. Marston wrote: »
    He'll do nothing, if it's even true. Too many wrestlers to punish for one thing since a load of wrestlers, including current champions, indirectly tweeted about it.

The only meaningful punishment is getting fired and that's probably exactly what a huge chunk of the WWE roster wants right now.

Turns out that treating your "independent contractors" like garbage isn't a great move.

In 5 years time the WWE roster is going to be just Shane and Roman putting on different wigs and ring-gear and pretending to be various different characters because everyone else will be long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭ThePott

WWE will punish Bret by calling him Bert for the rest of his life :pac:

The Bert there is, The Bert there was and The Bert there ever will be!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So will Renee get punished on air tomorrow on RAW for her hubby turning up on AEW?

First thing I thought when I seen Moxley on Double or Nothing was ah Renee will be barking like a dog live on Raw for that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

lawlolawl wrote: »
    The only meaningful punishment is getting fired and that's probably exactly what a huge chunk of the WWE roster wants right now.

Turns out that treating your "independent contractors" like garbage isn't a great move.

In 5 years time the WWE roster is going to be just Shane and Roman putting on different wigs and ring-gear and pretending to be various different characters because everyone else will be long gone.

As good for wrestling as this would be, it's unfortunately far more likely AEW won't exist in 5 years and they'll all be heading back with their tails between their legs begging to be buried on whatever 5th grade hour long jobber show is a 'network exclusive'.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

5eybzo.jpg

Vince probably thinks that's Kofi in the Meme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Punk left under worse circumstances and AJ Lee was still treated the same, might be different now with the chance of competition

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement