Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Strongly disagree that everything outside of WWE is rubbish. NJPW might not be at a peak point in terms of quality but it's still miles ahead of anything in ring, and Impact and MLW have continuously been putting out good product for the last while. Absolutely agree about WWE though, it's so bad. Who wants to see Goldberg vs Taker plodding around Saudi Arabia in 2019 just so Vince and the boys can line their pockets. No thanks.

really feel wrestling is very stagnant right now. New Japan buzz has gone very quiet of late. MLW and Impact very few actually watch.

AEW cant judge till the tv starts

Theres good wrestling everywhere hell even in wwe theres still good in ring stuff even though i think people dont like to admit it as everything else in the company is f**ing terrible to be kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Are they doing that thing again where you lose a lot and then win something big with Ricochet? Lost to Roode and Corbin recently.

I like Lacey. The look, the southern drawl and she coped very well with the boos. Sounds far more comfortable on the mic than Charlotte.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bray's look it reminds me of the Menagerie from TNA; rather than Twisty from American Horror Story that I think he went for.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

ERG89 wrote: »
    Bray's look it reminds me of the Menagerie from TNA; rather than Twisty from American Horror Story that I think he went for.

Very interesting to see where they go from here. He's hardly going to wrestle in the mask is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,375 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

First Raw in a long time I haven’t watched, and won’t watch after reading the spoilers. No intention of watching Smackdown either this week. Might check out MITB on Monday evening if I can avoid spoilers, but the clash with Game of Thrones means I won’t bother watching any of it live. Think a break until Summerslam could do a lot of us some good at this stage, if not longer.

AEW is starting to look more and more appealing all of a sudden. It’s not a threat and might never be, but it is an alternative like TNA was back when Angle, Joe, Styles and the MCMGs were tearing it up.

Having said all that, I’ll probably watch it next week though. This show is like a destructive addiction. Doesn’t benefit me in any way, but I can’t help coming back for more of the same shîte.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bray is the only interesting part of Raw, and that’s a coin toss if it continues when he reappears on the show, live.

Is an interesting study in the fact that all it takes is one or two segments to actually make someone interesting.

martyos121 wrote: »
    First Raw in a long time I haven’t watched, and won’t watch after reading the spoilers. No intention of watching Smackdown either this week. Might check out MITB on Monday evening if I can avoid spoilers, but the clash with Game of Thrones means I won’t bother watching any of it live. Think a break until Summerslam could do a lot of us some good at this stage, if not longer.

AEW is starting to look more and more appealing all of a sudden. It’s not a threat and might never be, but it is an alternative like TNA was back when Angle, Joe, Styles and the MCMGs were tearing it up.

Having said all that, I’ll probably watch it next week though. This show is like a destructive addiction. Doesn’t benefit me in any way, but I can’t help coming back for more of the same shîte.

We are all GoT
    the Jaime to Vince's Cersei.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Felt that Bray change was a bit quick. I was wondering how it would translate to the live show, but now it's probably just going to be a character not too changed from before.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bray's new mask has a New 52 Joker vibe to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sounds far more comfortable on the mic than Charlotte.

"So you don't THINK that Charlotte Flair is great ON the mic do YOU"

I bloody hate the way she emphasizes the wrong words when she's speaking as a heel, I once thought it was just heel work but it's just so bloody stupid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I think it would be really funny if Brock came out and won this belt immediately.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1130262413578608640

Jesus how many Championships do they need?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The Brock Lesnar appreciation title, and will be the main title.

The Saudi Arabia auld fellas title. Will probably have a green strap.

9 years left to run on that deal too so expect Taker to be waddling out in his mid 60's to defend it and I'll probably still be watching sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

When will Goldberg and Taker show up to build the saudi show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

J. Marston wrote: »
    Will probably have a green strap.

They introduced a green strap Saudi title at Greatest Royal Rumble and it was never seen or heard from again.

Could be a TV title that is “Wild card rules” and the champ can be on either show?

Could be a hardcore title, if Mick is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They're finding it hard to properly represent the champions they already have, no sign of any of the 3 tag team champions last night in action defending their prestigious belts

It'll be another ploy for a ratings boost, just like the fans are the new authority, nothing really matters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

24/7 Wildcard title?

Probably a World Television Championship coupled with the Wildcard Rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

would love some kind of 24/7 rule as you could have some fun stuff online and on the shows

sky88 wrote: »
    would love some kind of 24/7 rule as you could have some fun stuff online and on the shows

In this day of social media, a 24/7 title sounds like it has so much potential.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    In this day of social media, a 24/7 title sounds like it has so much potential.

Kinda reminds me of Zack Ryder's Internet Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Reckon it's a legneds championship type of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Heymen not holding back there

Crowds are as tired of Heyman's shtick as I am.

There's on-air confirmation of Seth and Becky, I guess that's canon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

The crwod doesnt give a fcuk about the 24/7 title

TimesArrow wrote: »

Could hear pins drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

TimesArrow wrote: »

The state of that, ruined it already with a bunch of nobodies rolling around chasing each other. The new title and the dimmed lights are an effort to make the third hour of Raw more appealing to viewers apparently. Laughable, forget all the stupid gimmicks and just book a decent show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

How long before the 3rd hour becomes Raw is War?

That is gennuinely one of the ugliest belts ive ever seen. It is horrible, even by the tag team title standards. The crowd reacted accordingly.

Vince - your time to go has long passed. Long, long ago. Just do the decent thing now and FÚCK off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement