Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

One post during raw....and it was about the throw away R-Truth comedy bit...jesus that speaks volumes!

Charlotte and Lacey also apparently had one of the worst matches on TV in a long time and it ended in a DQ, so there's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

One post during raw....and it was about the throw away R-Truth comedy bit...jesus that speaks volumes!

First time in literally 25 years where I won't look at at least one part of RAW. Just. Don't. Care.

NXT Takeover was unfreakingreal and always is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Brock did not go easy with those chair shots, he cut Rollins' back up. Fùcking brutal. Convinced one of Seth's screams wasn't just selling.

If Becky's new t-shirt didn't have the big orange text, I'd almost get it. It's a cool design.

R-Truth's reveal was brilliant.

Vince's puppet in Firefly Funhouse was great too.

Maybe my standards are so low now but it didn't look like the worst episode of Raw.
    lawlolawl wrote: »
    Charlotte and Lacey also apparently had one of the worst matches on TV in a long time and it ended in a DQ, so there's that.

It was reminiscent of one of those Diva era hair pulling matches. Awful. The way Becky ended it was like a mercy to the crowd.

Firefly funhouse was brilliant. I nearly don't want him to return to inring action. There's no way it can be as good as these promos.

Exceptional work

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Undertakers Promo was full on Ultimate Warrior bonkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

highlight of raw and it wasnt even on the show

https://twitter.com/PeytonRoyceWWE/status/1135952466049228800?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No wrestlers wanted to pose with Lance Armstrong?

Hmm, an unhealthy husky pig being warned to get fit by the evil boss or get fired. I'm guessing some truth to that. How they got Vince to play himself, I don't know. :)

Lacey's first punch to Charlotte was a mess as well.

I like Alexa having coffee brought to her. Then her having to be calmed down by Nikki is kinda funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

There's no way it can be as good as these promos.

It can if Vince allows it time, or it could go like like Elias, look what getting himself over done for him, 24/7 title level now

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Undertakers Promo was full on Ultimate Warrior bonkers

All I've seen was he said that Goldberg was next wasn't it ? I won't be watching but given that taker isn't the best in the ring mobility wise recently, it'll be up to the second coming of nick bockwinkel in bill Goldberg to be the in ring technician.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Without having seen the match and given the people involved I'm going to assume that Lacey was the main reason for it being bad.

• Advertisement

Wonder if Becky was out there as a precaution and told to end the match if things were going south.

Honestly thought it was both of them they had no chemistry at all

Yeah, I wouldn't lay all the blame on Lacey at all. Charlotte seemed just as bad.

Meltzer's excuse is that they were told to go out and do a "worked shoot" style match. I find that very hard to believe.

Charlotte is a bit crap to be honest.

She wrestles "gangly". She can take a bump and that's about it, all her offense looks really awkward. Never understood the hype behind her.

Wait until she fights Jessamyn Duke. It'll be like 2 Daddy Long Legs fighting

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wait until she fights Jessamyn Duke. It'll be like 2 Daddy Long Legs fighting

Duke and Shaffir and two utter duds and it is going to be hilarious to watch them being pushed far beyond their abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Last weeks announcement of the new groundbreaking weekly live fan interactive interview segment The Electric Chair lasted all of one episode after they got Sami to AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Charlotte is a bit crap to be honest.

She wrestles "gangly". She can take a bump and that's about it, all her offense looks really awkward. Never understood the hype behind her.

10a9xcqf8qry.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Couple of things.

Firefly Funhouse - the best yet. I want a Wyatt Gym workout shirt.

Also, I want a Worlds Coolest Man™ Matthew McConaughty shirt also - that thing was awesome

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Is it just me or do we like the things we are not supposed to like?

Taker returns to build a once ever match vs Goldberg, HHH who only wrestles a couple of times a year has a segment with one of the biggest names from SD who is appearing thanks to the Wildcard rule and Brock Lesnar beats the Universal champion Seth Rollins to bits with chair, briefcase and more..............MEH!!

But Bray Wyatt does a skit with puppets and R-Truth does comedy nonsense with Drake Maverick and co......damn that entertaining!

For a long time I thought this was Vince
    tJ8smuY.jpg

and he is but...
    I guess it is simply that we have just been force fed the same formulaic stuff for so long that we are just well and truely past sick of it now and the fun different stuff (although we fear they will mess it up by going back to their standard practices) is such a breath of fresh air in comparison.

• Advertisement

The silly stuff that doesn't really matter is the most entertaining stuff in WWE at the moment.

The serious feuds and title stuff are the same boring ****e they've been doing for the past 15-ish years.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

only catching up with raw now. surprised Hunter mentioned Jeddah in his promo. They've done everything in their power to not tell us this show is in saudi arabia

TimesArrow wrote: »
    only catching up with raw now. surprised Hunter mentioned Jeddah in his promo. They've done everything in their power to not tell us this show is in saudi arabia

they've mentioned jeddeh i seen in promos but i havent heard them say saudi arabia whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

sky88 wrote: »
    they've mentioned jeddeh i seen in promos but i havent heard them say saudi arabia whatsoever

Most Americans in their audience probably think Jeddah is in Arkansas.

Ryder and Hawkins vs Revival for the tag titles tonight. It makes less than zero sense. I'm sure Revival have lost two televised rematches for the belts already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Why bother doing something new that could be dangerous and crap, when we can get another masterpiece between those 2

Same as the next PPV, we’re getting Rollins v Corbin, Kofi vs Dolph, Becky vs Lacey and Roman vs Drew all over again

And thats just so far, there’s so many other classic rematches we could see yet

Bayley vs Alexa you could forgive since it was ~2 years ago since they were together iirc, but it was also sh1te so who gives a crap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote:
    Ryder and Hawkins vs Revival for the tag titles tonight. It makes less than zero sense. I'm sure Revival have lost two televised rematches for the belts already.

I predict new Tag Team champions then a picture with HHH as if it will be a big deal & not just a decision Vince made when he finally asked someone who the tag team champs were again

Usos have been added to it now so they must've realised it made no sense.

Remember the Viking Warriors?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Remember the Viking Warriors?

No. I remember the Viking experience tho.

• Advertisement

Our were they Viking Raiders?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement