Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sky88 wrote: »
    at some stages i think to myself are they trying to do a kinda senile vince storyline but i think with age his abilty to perform on tv isnt there

If they are doing that type of storyline then they are really dragging it out ha

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I’m done with this for a weeks now.. Raw had become unwatchable right now.. watching Vince talk in the ring was actually uncomfortable at points.. and they finished the show saying “don’t forget to tune into smackdown to see who might show Up”.. I’ll read the results (like they matter) but I can’t watch this ****e at least for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The ratings will be further ****ed when NFL returns from it's break.

I’m done with this for a weeks now.. Raw had become unwatchable right now.. watching Vince talk in the ring was actually uncomfortable at points.. and they finished the show saying “don’t forget to tune into smackdown to see who might show Up”.. I’ll read the results (like they matter) but I can’t watch this ****e at least for a while.

Brand split, but now there's a wild card gimmick in effect, what was the whole point of the Superstar Shakeup?

I swear WWE Creative are a team of monkey's on typewriters these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So is the wildcard where people can still be drafted to either brand or is it that they can show up on different shows. Im confused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So what was Vince's big plan for the show to make it unforgettable before the Smackdown guys showed up and gave him 2 matches, including the main event?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is the wildcard where people can still be drafted to either brand or is it that they can show up on different shows. Im confused :confused:

I think everyone, including Vince, was confused. Seems 4 Raw guys can show up on Smackdown and vice versa. Don't know how it's decided. Like will they be sent or do they just decide to go themselves. And then could they show up, have 4 others be there before him/her and then just have to leave again?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There is no logic to it, it's just desperation.

J. Marston wrote: »
    There is no logic to it, it's just desperation.

I think it's long past desperation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bray Wyatt is good. The rest is trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I know the man is old but Vince just has no presence these days. He was larger than life before and now he just kinda mumbles and repeats lines.

BUT HE'S A GENIUS! In case you didn't know after that SD invasion segment.

**** off you old bollox.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

TimesArrow wrote:
    I'm done with this for a weeks now.. Raw had become unwatchable right now.. watching Vince talk in the ring was actually uncomfortable at points.. and they finished the show saying don't forget to tune into smackdown to see who might show Up.. I'll read the results (like they matter) but I can't watch this ****e at least for a while.

Ditto, Network cancelled and taking a time out for a few months from watching. Will follow the results but prob wont tune back in till maybe Summerslam tbh. Cant be wasting my spare time with this sh1te anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭rodders999

Christ that opening segment was an absolute car crash. Vince rambling away making zero sense had me hitting delete 5 minutes into the show - a new record. The product absolutely stinks at the minute.

Cole said Kofi/Bryan was the first title match on RAW in 3 years, he clearly has forgotten Kofi/Seth the night after Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Cancelled my network subscription....decided to watch Breaking Bad again and remembered how good shows can be when you get invested in characters and how I was wasting my time watching WWE nowadays.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Cole said Kofi/Bryan was the first title match on RAW in 3 years, he clearly has forgotten Kofi/Seth the night after Wrestlemania.

I imagine first WWE title match in 3 years. Kofi Seth was a title versus title so technically not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Haven’t had a chance to come in here to see what you all thought of the wildcard stuff but I think it’s brilliant

I do in me hole.

It makes no sense. Why do it at all and why limit it to a number unless it has something to do with the money in the bank competitors, 4 and 4 from each show.

Total shoite. It’s getting worse. Feel like I’m witnessing the end of an era, hopefully the end of the Vince era.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I've actually seen Raw live quite a lot in the last 2 months as I've been working strange hours. Having watched it for 5/6 consecutive weeks, it's the repetitiveness of the show that's the most striking. I'm not surprised the ratings are tanking, the shows are so utterly missable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

love how the revival play all the speculation on twitter

https://twitter.com/ScottDawsonWWE/status/1126864192340987905?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Just a personal opinion here but I wish they would present Kofi as a legitimate champion.

Stop all this goofy New Day nonsense. Comes across as a midcard act.

'Funny don't draw money' as Cornette says.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Just a personal opinion here but I wish they would present Kofi as a legitimate champion.

Agreed. At the Dublin show I couldnt help but look at the new day's poorly animated entrance vid craic with them on cartoon unicorns etc and think.... This lad is supposed to be World Heavyweight Champion. New music, cool attire, more serious promos. badly needed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I don't disagree that especially with Big E not there the New Day shtick does not scream world champion but they draw big money in merch sales I'd imagine'.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Raw taping spoilers...
    - Miz TV opens RAW. Roman gets interrupted by Lashley/Elias. Shane makes it a tag team match.

- Roman/Miz vs Lashley/Elias ends in DQ when Shane gets involved

- Mojo Rawley defeats Apollo Crews

- Nikki Cross debuts a new character backstage, who is calm and timid.

- Sami vs Braun announced for later, if Zayn wins he gets Braun's spot in MITB

- Contract signing ends w/ Becky getting put through a table by Lacey Evans & Charlotte Flair as they each raise a belt above Becky.

- Baron Corbin scores a clean pin over Ricochet.

- Cesaro questions Rey backstage if Dominick is really his son or Samoa Joe's and the two brawl.

- Nikki Cross, who was acting crazy again, defeated Naomi, Dana Brooke and Natalya. Nikki pinned Natalya.

- Rey Mysterio pins Cesaro

- The Revival say they want to face The Usos in a match

- Firefly Funhouse video, sounds like Bray will wrestle again soon. Bray has demented clown makeup, looks very evil.

- Sami Zayn defeats Braun Strowman, after interference from Corbin and McIntyre, to replace Strowman in the MITB match. This ends RAW.

No Seth or AJ is strange. Seen a Twitter video of Bray's segment. I think the clown get-up looks silly, to be honest. Scary clowns have been done to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,023 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Raw taping spoilers...
    - Miz TV opens RAW. Roman gets interrupted by Lashley/Elias. Shane makes it a tag team match.

- Roman/Miz vs Lashley/Elias ends in DQ when Shane gets involved

- Mojo Rawley defeats Apollo Crews

- Nikki Cross debuts a new character backstage, who is calm and timid.

- Sami vs Braun announced for later, if Zayn wins he gets Braun's spot in MITB

- Contract signing ends w/ Becky getting put through a table by Lacey Evans & Charlotte Flair as they each raise a belt above Becky.

- Baron Corbin scores a clean pin over Ricochet.

- Cesaro questions Rey backstage if Dominick is really his son or Samoa Joe's and the two brawl.

- Nikki Cross, who was acting crazy again, defeated Naomi, Dana Brooke and Natalya. Nikki pinned Natalya.

- Rey Mysterio pins Cesaro

- The Revival say they want to face The Usos in a match

- Firefly Funhouse video, sounds like Bray will wrestle again soon. Bray has demented clown makeup, looks very evil.

- Sami Zayn defeats Braun Strowman, after interference from Corbin and McIntyre, to replace Strowman in the MITB match. This ends RAW.

No Seth or AJ is strange. Seen a Twitter video of Bray's segment. I think the clown get-up looks silly, to be honest. Scary clowns have been done to death.

Anyone travel over from here ?. Sounded an acceptable show I'd say but could of been better

Seems Dark segment for mr slayer

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Never been as bored with the Raw champions as I am now the only thing they could do now to make it worse it to present them as a power couple.

Christ Roman is just so bad on the mic.. woeful

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So Sami beats Braun and the wheel goes around and around again. Christ they've made sh1te of Strowman in the last 18 months.

Unless there's some payoff for Sami winning MITB there's exactly 0 purpose to such a late switch.

Really, really struggling to care about pro wrestling at this point. It's all just rubbish at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Necro wrote: »
    So Sami beats Braun and the wheel goes around and around again. Christ they've made sh1te of Strowman in the last 18 months.

Unless there's some payoff for Sami winning MITB there's exactly 0 purpose to such a late switch.

Really, really struggling to care about pro wrestling at this point. It's all just rubbish at the moment.

literally all i watched is bray which i thought was great.

spend more time reading about wrestling than watching it right now even the alternatives are doing nothing for me really all time low on interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Strongly disagree that everything outside of WWE is rubbish. NJPW might not be at a peak point in terms of quality but it's still miles ahead of anything in ring, and Impact and MLW have continuously been putting out good product for the last while. Absolutely agree about WWE though, it's so bad. Who wants to see Goldberg vs Taker plodding around Saudi Arabia in 2019 just so Vince and the boys can line their pockets. No thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement