Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Hmm, was everyone onsite wearing a high-vis vest and hardhat (sometimes discarded on a hot day), as well as socially distanced?
    Such a reaction might suggest she was worried you may have documented something that could get them into trouble with the HSA.

There are lots of new site requirements with Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Cazale wrote: »
    Out for a walk today with my eight month old in the pram going by the new Aldi site so decided to take a few general photos of the progress from the public path. Was approached by a girl in a high viz vest who started questioning who I was and that it was illegal to take photos under gdpr. Told her very politely I was taking snaps of the progress around newbridge for a local interest. She then demanded I delete them!

Told her it was none of her business what I do on a public path and to leave me alone emphasising I didn't like her attitude or approach when I have my daughter with me. She then decides to go over to a bunch of builders who started pointing over at me and shouting in some attempt to intimidate me. I'm 6 foot 2 and 135kg so I wasn't going to be intimidated but really didn't appreciate that when out for a leisurely stroll with the baby. Will be contacting aldi and gowna construction about them.

I would have laughed in her face, then taken a photo of her and asked for her name and posted it.

Some people are phenomenally stupid.

It's Treacy that's building it, nothing really to do with aldi.

I might pop down on Monday and take a few pictures myself to piss her off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Damien360

Out for a walk today with my eight month old in the pram going by the new Aldi site so decided to take a few general photos of the progress from the public path. Was approached by a girl in a high viz vest who started questioning who I was and that it was illegal to take photos under gdpr. Told her very politely I was taking snaps of the progress around newbridge for a local interest. She then demanded I delete them!

Told her it was none of her business what I do on a public path and to leave me alone emphasising I didn't like her attitude or approach when I have my daughter with me. She then decides to go over to a bunch of builders who started pointing over at me and shouting in some attempt to intimidate me. I'm 6 foot 2 and 135kg so I wasn't going to be intimidated but really didn't appreciate that when out for a leisurely stroll with the baby. Will be contacting aldi and gowna construction about them.

GDPR my arse. You should have waved back at the builders and asked them to line up for a group photo. One idiot on a power trip on a site does not make all of them idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Damien360 wrote: »
    GDPR my arse. You should have waved back at the builders and asked them to line up for a group photo. One idiot on a power trip on a site does not make all of them idiots.

Agree. Surely if they are so obsessed with GDPR the site wicanvassed with canvas to lose of the site from whatever is upsetting this person.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭NedNew2

No connection whatsoever with GDPR. I work on GDPR projects and she might as well have mentioned the Geneva Convention. I would have loved to have asked her what section of the GDPR act were you supposed to have contravened.

I've been informed before by a customer service agent (on another subject entirely) that due to GDPR they couldn't provide certain information. When I challenged them to specify which part of GDPR and why they were stuck for words.

It anyone encounters this lady again please do so her to clarify the section of GDPR allegedly being breached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

A planning application has been submitted to Kildare County Council for a 20 bed boutique hotel at the Hanged Man's bar and restaurant in Milltown.

Listened to MM this evening on CV19. Maybe I missed it but was there any reference to whether our lockdown ends this weekend, which am sure we could all do with.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lilydonoghue

Listened to MM this evening on CV19. Maybe I missed it but was there any reference to whether our lockdown ends this weekend, which am sure we could all do with.

Was just about to ask this

Reviewing it Thursday and will announce Friday.

Reviewing it Thursday and will announce Friday.

Thanks Cazale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

Fingers crossed it ends Friday lads. I think they said at the time they imposed the lockdown that it would end midnight on Sunday 23rd which is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,471 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I can't see the lockdown ending for Kildare with the numbers that are still coming out. 48 yesterday, with a small outbreak in another factory (Glanbia).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

silverview wrote: »
    Fingers crossed it ends Friday lads. I think they said at the time they imposed the lockdown that it would end midnight on Sunday 23rd which is ridiculous.

Probably not likely, but fingers crossed indeed. The only saving factor is that the numbers are mostly all related to the factories. Not much community spread. Hopefully they will take that into account.
    Supposed to be heading to Wexford for a week on Saturday so trying to be positive....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

On this, I hear another shop has closed it's doors in WW....clothes shop beside Eason's, 21 I believe it's called.

This is not correct. False information like that can cause untold damage to a good business.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Anyone know if cinema in WW is open or when it plans of reopening. Some odeon are open in Dublin and open since July. I sent an email but got no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

When do we know? Announcement this evening?

silverview wrote: »
    When do we know? Announcement this evening?

2 more weeks according to the journal. I’m using my phone so cannot paste the link, sorry.

Anyone know what’s being built across the road from Brennan’s?

More houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

More houses?

There's a very very large sign there that will tell you that it's a new estate of houses.

• Advertisement

More houses?

"Newbridge site with full planning permission for 280 homes at €12m - Independent.ie" https://amp.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/newbridge-site-with-full-planning-permission-for-280-homes-at-12m-37286247.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Between this and the new Aldi, will be fun going to whitewater or Penneys from the Curragh direction.

matchthis wrote: »
    Between this and the new Aldi, will be fun going to whitewater or Penneys from the Curragh direction.

McDonald's is the main issue every day especially around 1pm.

matchthis wrote: »

I saw these plans before. Quite a few large detached houses and a lot of open space in the development. Entrance/exit both onto standhouse road and ballymany road. Large creche within the development. Most commuters will not go through Newbridge as its much quick to take the junction 12. The nursing home is on the standhouse road side and this would probably be the road used for anyone going on a school run.
    Mixed developments are ideal. You'll find that 220 dwellings does not mean 220 groups of kids.

As for aldi causing more traffic. It won't. Oldest argument against planning and yet not one aldi/lidl store has caused any traffic issues.

silver2020 wrote: »
    I saw these plans before. Quite a few large detached houses and a lot of open space in the development. Entrance/exit both onto standhouse road and ballymany road. Large creche within the development. Most commuters will not go through Newbridge as its much quick to take the junction 12. The nursing home is on the standhouse road side and this would probably be the road used for anyone going on a school run.
    Mixed developments are ideal. You'll find that 220 dwellings does not mean 220 groups of kids.

As for aldi causing more traffic. It won't. Oldest argument against planning and yet not one aldi/lidl store has caused any traffic issues.

The plans for that site have changed 3 times from memory. First was removal of creche, then change of number of detached housing types to semis and a mix of apartments. Exit to standhouse road was very close to school. There is PP notice on a field just as you get to smaller road towards curragh from standhouse. Dangerous place to stop or walk so can't read it. I reckon that is more likely exit to road. The sewage handling for the area is at capacity. Been a while since it blocked at Morristown estate though. Waste change in PP to eixt towards Brennans at one point. Will be fun with all the new houses. School football pitch was not owned by school but part of that land. At this stage, I'm not sure what's on the planning permission or what's granted. Too many different developers on that site over the years.

Damien360 wrote: »
    The plans for that site have changed 3 times from memory. First was removal of creche, then change of number of detached housing types to semis and a mix of apartments. Exit to standhouse road was very close to school. There is PP notice on a field just as you get to smaller road towards curragh from standhouse. Dangerous place to stop or walk so can't read it. I reckon that is more likely exit to road. The sewage handling for the area is at capacity. Been a while since it blocked at Morristown estate though. Waste change in PP to eixt towards Brennans at one point. Will be fun with all the new houses. School football pitch was not owned by school but part of that land. At this stage, I'm not sure what's on the planning permission or what's granted. Too many different developers on that site over the years.

Looks like the entrance will be just before Ballymany Manor/Maxol as you head out of Newbridge and a second entrance on the standhouse road.
    Seems the planners thought the original planning was not dense enough and suggested it would take more dwellings which led to the appeal containing more units. Some of the 5 beds detached are 2500 sq ft, they'll fetch a good price. Planning seems to be very much the 2016 planning but they have applied for some changes recently.

Planning for taking creche out and increasing number of houses was rejected.

Proposed names are Ballymany Woods or Curragh Gate. - A previous suggestion of Williamsfield was rejected

Hopefully the new Irish Water treatment scheme solves the waste water issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

has the drive through in brennans open yet?

anyone know for definite what fast food chain it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭NedNew2

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    has the drive through in brennans open yet?

anyone know for definite what fast food chain it is?

Nein.

I asked a deli-worker last time I was there (a week ago) and they said it is Burger King. The person said they didn't know when it was opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

silver2020 wrote: »
    Looks like the entrance will be just before Ballymany Manor/Maxol as you head out of Newbridge and a second entrance on the standhouse road.

Nice one a new rat run to avoid the back log of traffic into town.

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    Nice one a new rat run to avoid the back log of traffic into town.

doubt it, it won't be a short rat run, would be far easier to go curragh-athgarvan road, green road, newbridge ind est route. It will get you from jct 12 to Newbridge silverware in under 5 min on a saturday afternoon :)

Advertisement