Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belmond Grand Hibernian

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

GT89 wrote: »
    So I'm guessing the Mark IIIs used for this will be scrapped or parked up in a siding for the next 10 year to rot

They're apparently taking them with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

91wx763 wrote: »
    They're apparently taking them with them.
    They better hurry up or the scum bags will torch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

roundymac wrote: »
    They better hurry up or the scum bags will torch them.

That's no way to describe IE. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I really hope they don't end up like the relics of Moyasta. A rotten mess!

I really hope they don't end up like the relics of Moyasta. A rotten mess!

Donations of a folding green type or of individual effort would be gladly accepted by the preservation group concerned.

• Advertisement

Donations of a folding green type or of individual effort would be gladly accepted by the preservation group concerned.

Jackie Whelan?

Is there anything happening down there? I'd gladly help. Pity the preservation group was shafted out of Mallow as its right on my doorstep.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Jackie Whelan?
    ITG.

You had good dealings with them years ago (if I recall correctly) as were their dealings with you.

Is there anything happening down there? I'd gladly help. Pity the preservation group was shafted out of Mallow as its right on my doorstep.

Alas Moyasta is but a storage area, things would have happened in spite of the distance, but Jackie Whelan's plans haven't progressed very much. Carrick on Suir is currently as active as covid allows but will ramp up as and when. Details here https://www.irishtractiongroup.com/locos/c226indepth

You have to be a member for insurance purposes. https://www.irishtractiongroup.com/join

The Carrick lads can be contacted here info@irishtractiongroup.com. Even without particular skills you would be made welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Rake of Mk3 coaches were spotted heading to long marston for scrap, bogies to be saved apparently for some ‘project’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,996 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Rake of Mk3 coaches were spotted heading to long marston for scrap, bogies to be saved apparently for some ‘project’

To celebrate I had a shave :D

Any update on this and the fate of the carriages?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Any update on this and the fate of the carriages?

No, only guess is going to the uk as mk3 bogies we’re saved from scrapped mk3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

doesn't follow, there's loads of mk3s being scrapped in the UK currently and bogies could be returned for more service for many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Belmont is still sitting in Inchicore up around the back of the yard, you can just about make out a few carriages if you're quick enough , if you're traveling passed Inchicore.

The Belmont livery loco, which number alludes me now is still in service on the Intercity MK4 fleet

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Belmont is still sitting in Inchicore up around the back of the yard, you can just about make out a few carriages if you're quick enough , if you're traveling passed Inchicore.

The Belmont livery loco, which number alludes me now is still in service on the Intercity MK4 fleet

216 isn’t it ? I’ve seen it cork recently and I think that’s the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Yes indeed, 216, River Dodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

But could it to like a keano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Seen it on Tuesday in Heuston in service so it's still going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MoeJay

Apologies for the thread bump!

Spied one of the carriages heading north on the M1 this evening on a trailer....

• Advertisement

Whats the deal? Its going to the UK to be re-bogied for use in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I think it will be used in the UK. There was talk of a southern European home at one point.

Advertisement