Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,320 ✭✭✭✭ted1

spyderski wrote: »
    Just saw a Model S which had rear ended another car at a junction (hope it wasn’t anyone on here). I genuinely thought it was impossible for this to happen, with the crash avoidance tech...
    I just had a vision of a fellow rolling back into it for an insurance claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

ted1 wrote: »
    I just had a vision of a fellow rolling back into it for an insurance claim.

Lad he crashed into was in a newish E-Class, so I doubt it very much...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Your colleague is clearly clueless. I was at the Tesla dealership a week or 2 ago and there was the best part of 16 registered cars sitting on the forecourt. I’d agree numbers must be getting up towards 100 at this stage.

When I got back to him he said he referred to how many are physically on the road. As many would have been sold and not delivered/built yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

peposhi wrote: »
    When I got back to him he said he referred to how many are physically on the road. As many would have been sold and not delivered/built yet...

I counted 86 from 2014 to March 2018 on https://stats.beepbeep.ie/.

Sabre Man wrote: »
    I counted 86 from 2014 to March 2018 on https://stats.beepbeep.ie/.

Thank you so much! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭KCross

beep beep stats shows

2014. 3
    2015. 2
    2016. 7
    2017. 51 (nearly all in Dublin and in Aug/Sep.)
    2018(Jan/Feb). 31!! (again, nearly all Dublin). Looks like 2018 will see a big spike in new Telsa's here... BIK exemption kicking in I guess!

So, 94 in total.
    I presume some of those are the ones in stock in the Tesla sales office in Dublin. How many would they have for sale?

The rest are clearly on the road as beep beep only shows the ones that are registered so "not built" wouldn't apply.

Edit, SabreMan just beat me to it!

OK, he’s not clueless. He’s an asshole. They’re on our roads since 2014. I’d seriously say I see 8-10 every day around South County Dublin. Pretty sure there’s more than 16 Model X’s around here, never mind Model S.

People way underestimate how many expensive cars are sold in this country. I’ve seen 3 181 Bentley Bentayga’s myself.

People way underestimate how many expensive cars are sold in this country. I’ve seen 3 181 Bentley Bentayga’s myself.

Yeah, money is no excuse for bad taste.

Yeah, money is no excuse for bad taste.

They are quite literally the ugliest new car available. Beautiful interiors though.

• Advertisement

Your colleague is clearly clueless. I was at the Tesla dealership a week or 2 ago and there was the best part of 16 registered cars sitting on the forecourt. I’d agree numbers must be getting up towards 100 at this stage.

What is the best part of 16?

The best part of 100 is, what, 95? Just a number kindof close. What's the best part of 16? Is it 14? 13?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

OK, he’s not clueless. He’s an asshole. They’re on our roads since 2014. I’d seriously say I see 8-10 every day around South County Dublin. Pretty sure there’s more than 16 Model X’s around here, never mind Model S.

I think most of the older ones are probably recent imports.

They are quite literally the ugliest new car available. Beautiful interiors though.

Ah, the interior is hideous also

KCross wrote: »
    I presume some of those are the ones in stock in the Tesla sales office in Dublin. How many would they have for sale?

The ones on Beep Beep are all registered, so not sales stock. I’d say they have 5-6 demo cars registered, but that’s just a guess. They had quite a few sitting waiting registration, presume all those were sold.

Many are. A good few are not. I first saw one in 2014 in Foxrock - I remember I had to turn around and drive back to figure out what it was. Couldn’t understand why yer man was putting kids into the boot of a Mazda 6! 😂

What is the best part of 16?

The best part of 100 is, what, 95? Just a number kindof close. What's the best part of 16? Is it 14? 13?

I have no idea. I didn’t count them because I didn’t realise some keyboard warrior on Boards would pick me up on it. It was what is colloquially known as a “guesstimate”. Would you have preferred if I’d said “approximately”, “roughly” or “around” sixteen cars? Would you have bothered posting then???

beep beep says the following numbers were used imports which are a subset of the 94 I posted above...

2018. 18 (1yr old - 4, 2yr old - 6, 3yr old - 3, 4yr old+ - 5)
    2017. 4
    2016. 7
    2015. 0
    2014. 0

He is a genuinely good person, not an a.. or whatever. He just defends his opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Back on topic, at the budget end a 2014 85kWh sold for £33,600 on eBay UK at the weekend.
    Interesting to note that like all EVs depreciation seems to have halted in the last 6 to 9 months on the older Model S.
    Also, a pretty nice 2014 P85 listed for £42k (55,000 miles) .

air wrote: »
    Back on topic, at the budget end a 2014 85kWh sold for £33,600 on eBay UK at the weekend.

Now relisted once more (non paying bidder)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Now relisted once more (non paying bidder)

And 5% cashback with Quidco :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

How many Teslas are out there in Ireland at the moment. I argued with a colleague of mine who said there are 16 in total... I am 100% sure there are at least a double amount if not triple. I could not provide any sensible data so I left it at that.

Anyone knows the right figures atm?

According to CarStat on Cartell.ie there are 145 Teslas taxed and on the road in Ireland currently broken down as follows:

Model S 120
    Model X 19
    Unknown 6

These numbers are live as of today 15/03

RedorDead wrote: »
    According to CarStat on Cartell.ie there are 145 Teslas taxed and on the road in Ireland currently broken down as follows:

Model S 120
    Model X 19
    Unknown 6

These numbers are live as of today 15/03

That disagrees with beepbeep.ie then as it shows only 94.

Which one is using an accurate source for its data?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

That disagrees with beepbeep.ie then as it shows only 94.

Which one is using an accurate source for its data?

CarTell give you live accurate car parc information and tracks cars taxed and on the road. I'd be trusting CarTell ahead of beepbeep.

RedorDead wrote: »
    CarTell give you live accurate car parc information and tracks cars taxed and on the road. I'd be trusting CarTell ahead of beepbeep.

Does it have a link into the motor tax database from revenue?

I thought beepbeep was linked to the revenue car registration database so it should be accurate too but obviously one of them isnt.

I'd imagine a possible explanation is that both receive bulk updates at a low frequency at different times which would explain the discrepancy, frankly who cares!

I'd imagine a possible explanation is that both receive bulk updates at a low frequency at different times which would explain the discrepancy, frankly who cares!

Anyone running the reports cares! :)

A few units here or there doesnt matter but if its out by a lot then it matters.

The significance of the issue is probably exacerbated by the tiny sample size for the Model S etc. I'm sure their figures correlate much better in percentage terms for vehicles with a few thousand registrations. A system designed to report on 100k vehicle registrations a year is unlikely to perform well on outlier models with 50 registrations a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Does it have a link into the motor tax database from revenue?

I thought beepbeep was linked to the revenue car registration database so it should be accurate too but obviously one of them isnt.

Yeah Cartell's info comes from the DTTAS NVDF database.

• Advertisement

He made a balls of it....

Then fixed it...

Not sure I'd like to be buying it off him but I give him credit for effort!
    Those batteries are well sealed.

Advertisement