Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

Anyone received their contract for this months class

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

Dant1986 wrote: »
    So dose that mean the 3rd clasd will also be running back to back after 2nd class and also be only 4 weeks training?

As of now the 2nd class will not go ahead until next year so 3rd class will be 2022. They hope to keep class 1/2020 in the obi for 6 months . They’ll only take them out early if numbers are decimated which at the moment they’re not.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dant1986

Cheers pal. Are you in Dfb? If its only 38 off panel in each class and im 125th i might not be called atall what you reckon? I thaught i was in cos i thaught it was 48 per class from panel

Dant1986 wrote: »
    Cheers pal. Are you in Dfb? If its only 38 off panel in each class and im 125th i might not be called atall what you reckon? I thaught i was in cos i thaught it was 48 per class from panel

Not only 38 from panel cause im in early 40s and starting end of april unless there taking more for first class

• Registered Users Posts: 28 VirgilVD

I thought 48 was called from the panel?

• Advertisement

VirgilVD wrote: »
    I thought 48 was called from the panel?

Some are coming directly from the control room apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

38 from panel with 10 ESC’s. They’ve gone passed 38 in the order of merit as people have deferred/turned the offer down due COVID 19

• Registered Users Posts: 28 VirgilVD

So does anyone know what number they went up to?

38 from panel with 10 ESC’s. They’ve gone passed 38 in the order of merit as people have deferred/turned the offer down due COVID 19

They went pass the 38 well before the COVID 19

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

I don't get why people are applying for these roles in a front line service only to turn them down. You'd really wonder how these people filtered into the panel and the first thing they do is pull a legger. Yet people like myself highly interested are left off the panel. If DFB rang me up tomorrow and said are you ready to go, I would say what time do you want me and where.

It's a job about helping others in exactly times like these, risking your own point blank because you won't see someone else left helpless.

• Advertisement

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    I don't get why people are applying for these roles in a front line service only to turn them down. You'd really wonder how these people filtered into the panel and the first thing they do is pull a legger. Yet people like myself highly interested are left off the panel. If DFB rang me up tomorrow and said are you ready to go, I would say what time do you want me and where.

It's a job about helping others in exactly times like these, risking your own point blank because you won't see someone else left helpless.

True but some people could actually be infected with the cornavirus and unwell or family circumstances could of changed over the last few weeks due to cornavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Royal87 wrote: »
    True but some people could actually be infected with the cornavirus and unwell or family circumstances could of changed over the last few weeks due to cornavirus.

Sorr wasn't thinking of that angle, that would be acceptable alright and I would actually feel very sorry for someone in that position.

It's just hearing of lads going over all these stages and then saying no cause they have suddenly realised it won't suit them! It is just utterly bizzare, they have killed off the chance of someone really willing to take the role from doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭didds

TallGlass2 wrote: »

100% with you on that brother!

Just to be clear lads , only 38 have been taken from dfb panel . Now that doesn’t mean 1-38 have taken job . The reason why people in early 40’s on the panel are in this 1st class is because a few people in the top 38 deferred or didn’t accept job offer for whatever reason . When this happens they call the next panel number & so on until they fill the agreed class size (38 in this case as there’s 10 escs joining the recruit class 1/2020) .Then people who deferred their place are then placed on top of the panel for the next class. Afaik there’s 9 escs to join the 2nd class off this current panel so you can expect the next 39 to be called for that class either this year (depending on numbers ) or next year .

Also there’s a few retained firefighters from Kildare doing the 1st few weeks with the dfb recruits. They then will go on call in Kildare while dfb recruits hopefully stay in the ob1 for 6 months .

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Carter 212

TheButcher wrote: »
    Just to be clear lads , only 38 have been taken from dfb panel . Now that doesn’t mean 1-38 have taken job . The reason why people in early 40’s on the panel are in this 1st class is because a few people in the top 38 deferred or didn’t accept job offer for whatever reason . When this happens they call the next panel number & so on until they fill the agreed class size (38 in this case as there’s 10 escs joining the recruit class 1/2020) .Then people who deferred their place are then placed on top of the panel for the next class. Afaik there’s 9 escs to join the 2nd class off this current panel so you can expect the next 39 to be called for that class either this year (depending on numbers ) or next year .

Also there’s a few retained firefighters from Kildare doing the 1st few weeks with the dfb recruits. They then will go on call in Kildare while dfb recruits hopefully stay in the ob1 for 6 months .

So does that mean if for arguments sake you are 83rd place on panel and just about making it in class 2 and 5 people deffered there place in 1st class...... Would the 5 deferrals jump ahead of you in 83rd place pushing you back up the list to 88th place and possibly knocking you out of class 2? Or would defferals go to back of class 2 list if that makes sense. Cheers

Carter 212 wrote: »
    So does that mean if for arguments sake you are 83rd place on panel and just about making it in class 2 and 5 people deffered there place in 1st class...... Would the 5 deferrals jump ahead of you in 83rd place pushing you back up the list to 88th place and possibly knocking you out of class 2? Or would defferals go to back of class 2 list if that makes sense. Cheers

As far as i know it does work like that

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Awordofadvice

Carter 212 wrote: »

Your position on the panel does not change,
    If you are 83rd you stay 83rd.

If people choose to defer it is only them who are pushed to the start of next class and and other people are moved forward to take there place in the first class.

People deffering does not effect your position on the panel, it can only bring you forward.

Also nobody deferred because of covid-19. First class were emailed before pandemic. People deffer classes to finish degrees or apprenticeships and are well in their right to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Carter 212

Your position on the panel does not change,
    If you are 83rd you stay 83rd.

If people choose to defer it is only them who are pushed to the start of next class and and other people are moved forward to take there place in the first class.

People deffering does not effect your position on the panel, it can only bring you forward.

Also nobody deferred because of covid-19. First class were emailed before pandemic. People deffer classes to finish degrees or apprenticeships and are well in their right to do so.

Cheers bud, appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

Are the first class in OBI today?

Dooj wrote: »
    Are the first class in OBI today?

No starting 27th just waiting on contracts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Edgod83

Does anyone know of anyone that have actually just said no it's not for me and walked away?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭UniquePatch

Edgod83 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anyone that have actually just said no it's not for me and walked away?

Yep two retained firefighters did in 2007

Edgod83 wrote: »

Yes , a few years back after all firefighter & paramedic trading and only w short time on a shift a lad left. Shift work isn’t for everyone. A night on the ambulance is no joke.

TheButcher wrote: »
    Yes , a few years back after all firefighter & paramedic trading and only w short time on a shift a lad left. Shift work isn’t for everyone. A night on the ambulance is no joke.

Yea i heard you earn your money on nights in the ambulance

Anyone know it there’s an app etc. with the DFB roster? This wait till the 27th is endless!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Dublin fire brigade rota on android, have heard lads using saisuke on iphone

Guys can i just ask anyone thats due to start on 27th what are we expected to wear?

Is sports gear like trackie ok or what is the best?

I thought we would of got a list of things that we would need to bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 James_86

Guys can i just ask anyone thats due to start on 27th what are we expected to wear?

Hi Royal

I'll be starting there myself on the 27th, I'll be wearing a suit and tie, full respect for the job on the first day

Looking forward to seeing you all.

I remember Watching the Firefighters show on RTE and the recruits appeared to be quite casual in the first day. We will be getting our uniforms then so I don’t think formal attire is required? I stand to be corrected though

• Advertisement

I remember Watching the Firefighters show on RTE and the recruits appeared to be quite casual in the first day. We will be getting our uniforms then so I don’t think formal attire is required? I stand to be corrected though

Yea thats what i was also going off too.

Advertisement