Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Unless the fed steps in today there could be a halt. Can't see people buying heading into this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Think I may add a bit to my holdings and jump into Norwegian cruise

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Unless the fed steps in today there could be a halt. Can't see people buying heading into this weekend.

Absolutely not, most comments I'm reading indicates that people expect further corrections over the weekend. With the Corona virus popping up in America now, I would guess the market to fall more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What's the impact on Fitbit price, who have a purchase price agreed with Alphabet with this? Would the purchase price stay the same or would they renegotiate now that markets are falling?

It's the only "stable" stock in my Portfolio, currently at $6.20 with a purchase price at $7.35

(I realise there's bit quesrions over whether it will be allowed go ahead and share pricewould obviously crash if that happened)

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What's the impact on Fitbit price, who have a purchase price agreed with Alphabet with this? Would the purchase price stay the same or would they renegotiate now that markets are falling?

It's the only "stable" stock in my Portfolio, currently at $6.20 with a purchase price at $7.35

(I realise there's bit quesrions over whether it will be allowed go ahead and share pricewould obviously crash if that happened)

Has the agreement been signed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

How does one buy the S&P500 now that ETFs can't be bought on degiro?

Sold out my position in Nvidia after earnings last week so have some spare cash and I'm going to jump back in next week when things settle, most likely MasterCard, Visa and the S&P if I can

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Heiser wrote: »

Sold out my position in Nvidia after earnings last week so have some spare cash and I'm going to jump back in next week when things settle, most likely MasterCard, Visa and the S&P if I can

ETFs can still be bought on DeGiro. You just can't buy US based ETFs, EU based ones are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Heiser wrote: »

ETFs can be bought on Degiro. Just not ones set up in the US.
    As an example, here are a listing of ETFs you can buy with no Degiro fees.

https://www.degiro.ie/data/pdf/ie/commission-free-etfs-list.pdf
    There's an IShares S&P ETF and a Vanguard S&P ETF listed in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

According to my wife who works in a large Tesco, people are panic buying dried and tinned goods as well as anti bac cleaners and alcohol wipes and gels.
    They are very busy and much of the stock in sold out already today..

This is only starting. I rekon buying nothing in the stock market till the virus is contained is the best option now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Good news for all you VSTM lovers out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

it's tempting to try and catch knives but better off waiting

If anything, it's entertaining to watch.

If anything, it's entertaining to watch.

Not sure in the entertainment front. It will present some great opportunities though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Thanks up 70% on this one.

Up over 200% at one stage today. Hopefully they do have the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Bob Harris wrote: »

Ha ha... Yeah, up 19%

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Had a mighty run at it since starting off last August, was up over 52% about a week ago. Liquidating now while I'm still up 28% and gonna observe until things start settling down.

Unfortunately can't cash out my work shares (Aviva), they've tumbled 16% in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,030 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Bob Harris wrote: »

Did they announce a coronavirus vaccine or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Shedite27 wrote: »

Unfortunately can't cash out my work shares (Aviva), they've tumbled 16% in 2 weeks

Same boat as you (BSX), locked in till April, despite the 15% discount I'm now in the red :rolleyes::(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭antimatterx

timetogo1 wrote: »
    ETFs can be bought on Degiro. Just not ones set up in the US.
    As an example, here are a listing of ETFs you can buy with no Degiro fees.

https://www.degiro.ie/data/pdf/ie/commission-free-etfs-list.pdf
    There's an IShares S&P ETF and a Vanguard S&P ETF listed in there.

Why can't we buy US etfs? They're the ones taxed more favorably. None of that deemed disposable ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Why can't we buy US etfs? They're the ones taxed more favorably. None of that deemed disposable ****e

They don't have a KiiD, and don't want to do one up so can't be sold here (afaik)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I cashed them all out last week, pity I can't buy back in.

just added to BABA & JD holdings

Unbelievable pump in the s&p for 15 minutes before close.

Has Covid19 just been cured ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭weemcd

Half my watchlist is now green, where it was 90% red all day. I'm basically back to even on my tiny portfolio. Next week should be crazy...

Could be just shorts closing out at the end of the week. I took a chance that this would happen and opened a few positions today. They are in the green now and sl is moved to break even. Just hope we don’t get a gap!

Cruise ships are definitely one to look at. I prefer the r/r on norwegian.

Nice bounce in both today

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

Could be just shorts closing out at the end of the week. I took a chance that this would happen and opened a few positions today. They are in the green now and sl is moved to break even. Just hope we don’t get a gap!
    yes i think mainly short covering before weekend, also a buying program at that level

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Kamu wrote: »
    And what stocks are in your radar when you decide to jump back in?

I'm seeing a lot of love in Reddit for cruise liner stocks, Ryanair, and obviously SP etf currently.

EasyJet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭riddles

What are some longer standing reputable ETF’s you would recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

What a week, I reckon we will get a bounce and euphoria on the markets for a few days from Monday before some further COVID19 news hits in the US and panic resumes.
    I bought some STOR and BA on Friday as well as some BAM, kind of regretting not going all in after watching the Friday close, half hoping for another dump at some stage next week.
    Anyone else care to have a stab at what next week is going to bring?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement