Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Is there any stock that is taking a battering because of the Corona outbreak, that's worth buying while cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Bad day across the board for everyone? 2% wiped off my total.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I too am exiting nio at 4.10, down about 15% on it. Already out of alibaba, have low orders for both in to hopefully fill on a coronavirus dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

retalivity wrote: »
    I too am exiting nio at 4.10, down about 15% on it. Already out of alibaba, have low orders for both in to hopefully fill on a coronavirus dip.

Is this not the dip?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Opinions on going long on Glanbia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I sold alibaba at 203, its 212 and was up to 225.
    Nio was under 2 dollars 3mths ago, so hasnt had a serious dip yet
    Although the market as a whole is insane and near impossible to read/understand at the moment

retalivity wrote: »
    I sold alibaba at 203, its 212 and was up to 225.
    Nio was under 2 dollars 3mths ago, so hasnt had a serious dip yet
    Although the market as a whole is insane and near impossible to read/understand at the moment

I'm in baba from 150, JD from 22. I'm late to the party with NIO and Best. I'll hold tough another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

More a correction. Markets were up the same amount 2 days before!

Nothing really lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Out of some of my recent tech tips....

A lot of the larger tech companies are cancelling their international internal events (SKO's etc.) due to virus fears. This is likely going to effect global customer events as well which would be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Stock markets will probably take a big hit today, they are not going to be able to stop the beer cold fears from spreading into the markets

Stop losses at the ready

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Stock markets will probably take a big hit today, they are not going to be able to stop the beer cold fears from spreading into the markets

Stop losses at the ready

If they are long term plays I wouldn't be dumping them because they drop 5-6% due to a knee-jerk reaction when they'll probably recover most of the drop in a session or so.

Any day now I'd be expecting one of the big pharmas to announce a corona virus treatment and we'll get a big bounce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Reddest watch list in a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Bob Harris wrote: »
    If they are long term plays I wouldn't be dumping them because they drop 5-6% due to a knee-jerk reaction when they'll probably recover most of the drop in a session or so.

Any day now I'd be expecting one of the big pharmas to announce a corona virus treatment and we'll get a big bounce.

I really hope you are right. The jump in gold has me worried of a recession around the corner... :(

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I really hope you are right. The jump in gold has me worried of a recession around the corner... :(

There probably is but I think short term it's the usual exaggerated response from markets. I think there are more than a few companies today that will drop 5/6/7% and be green or close to it by the end of the day.

There probably is but I think short term it's the usual exaggerated response from markets. I think there are more than a few companies today that will drop 5/6/7% and be green or close to it by the end of the day.

BABA seems to be holding major support. Hoping this is a good sign for the afternoon session.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

FAAMG took a hammering on Friday. Can't see them dropping much more today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

bfa1509 wrote: »

The recession was on the way long before the virus. Look at Baltic dry index or cass freight they turned down in summer 2019. Also the fed is still fighting to avoid interest rates spiking via their repo not QE operations ongoing since October. The recession is upon us and it’s going to be bad.

The beer cold is just a black swan to blame for the recession

Anyone know what city 5G was pilotted in China in the latter stages of 2019?

Correct....Wuhan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Wombatman wrote: »
    FAAMG took a hammering on Friday. Can't see them dropping much more today.

I was wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Yahoo finance push notifications are hopping atm. Everything is down

• Advertisement

Things seem to be stabilising slightly after that sledgehammer of an opening - watchlist isn’t painted red anymore at least

PAVM looks good in today’s blood bath
    Up about 6%

Have bought some AMD today. Also still have my full China portfolio. Brave or mad. We’ll see in time!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Any day now and we could see a death in the US from corona virus :confused:

I guess its not a bad thing anyways a healthy correction would be good for the market most stocks were getting out of hand anyways.

NIO up 20% in PM - looks like they have a finance package in place.

NIO up 20% in PM - looks like they have a finance package in place.

Goddamnit haha typical

Have bought some AMD today.

friend of mine has many thousands of AMD and got in at $4, started lately to get out

I was in them around $13 & $18 and got a good run out of them, not as much as he did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

2 months of gains erased in 24 hours for the S&P

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    friend of mine has many thousands of AMD and got in at $4, started lately to get out

I was in them around $13 & $18 and got a good run out of them, not as much as he did...

Why is he getting out?

• Advertisement

2 months of gains erased in 24 hours for the S&P

Did you ever get around to shorting it?

Advertisement