Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

retalivity wrote: »
    NIO is flying
    Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Thargor wrote: »
    Eh?

It had it's wings clipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

NIO is flying

And now crashing!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

What's the story with $BYND recent jump? Down almost 6% today

JMMCapital wrote: »
    What's the story with $BYND recent jump? Down almost 6% today

New deals signed I think with restaurant chains, Starbucks were mentioned the other day too, that and a bit of FOMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Bob Harris wrote: »
    New deals signed I think with restaurant chains, Starbucks were mentioned the other day too, that and a bit of FOMO

I seen that alright, surprised it would jump that much in such a short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

APPS had a horrible day yesterday, I do think its good long term but its hurting right now, ended at $7.03. My breakeven is $7.40, think we may get to mid $6's before bouncing, ouch.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

JMMCapital wrote: »
    I seen that alright, surprised it would jump that much in such a short time.

Up 50% for me, will hold and see where it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Supercell wrote: »
    APPS had a horrible day yesterday, I do think its good long term but its hurting right now, ended at $7.03. My breakeven is $7.40, think we may get to mid $6's before bouncing, ouch.

ya I got myself a small bag of these a while ago as think they have a good outlook, bought in at €7, no rush to sell though
    I'm holding them long term

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    ya I got myself a small bag of these a while ago as think they have a good outlook, bought in at €7, no rush to sell though
    I'm holding them long term

Nice buy point, looks to have bounced there again today. Was hoping to lower my average but buying some more at $6.80 but didnt get there, half wishing I put an order in at $7 but dsont want to commit more of limited finds unless there is a significant dip. Will be nervous at ER to be sure, no negative articles about this around so am hopeful.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Coronavirus having an effect on the markets?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Looks like it....My stop limit sell on alibaba was reached, it immediately started climbing once it hit it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Yup, confirmed cases in US and France I believe, hard to know what affect this will on have stock markets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I have lost half of all the gains I made since January 1st. Quite the startling sight to see the daily loss logging in today.

I can't help but feel it's a good opportunity to buy more though. I'll be monitoring this virus very closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I have lost half of all the gains I made since January 1st. Quite the startling sight to see the daily loss logging in today.

I can't help but feel it's a good opportunity to buy more though. I'll be monitoring this virus very closely.

One man’s plague is another man’s investment opportunity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Wombatman wrote: »
    One man’s plague is another man’s investment opportunity :)

Yikes, I only see my insensitivity now. I genuinely feel bad for those affected! If it's any consolation, the money will be invested in medical companies

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Yikes, I only see my insensitivity now. I genuinely feel bad for those affected! If it's any consolation, the money will be infested in medical companies

Infested...now there's a freudian slip if ever I saw one!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

NIO is flying
    And now crashing!

And hasn't finished crashing yet. That was a poor choice to take a punt on last week ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Was waiting for CRH to drop back 10 % from it's highs and had a booking @33.25, sailed back up after bottoming @33.78 before lunch today

Very confident this stock will hit 40 euro this year but Irish stocks regularly correct by 10% so won't buy yet

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Invested in iShares Global Clean Energy UCITS ETF on Monday, I think this will do very well in 2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Kamu

heffo500 wrote: »
    Invested in iShares Global Clean Energy UCITS ETF on Monday, I think this will do very well in 2020

I'm going to check this out today, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭crushproof

Any reasoning behind the jump in the value of General Electric?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Very confident this stock will hit 40 euro this year but Irish stocks regularly correct by 10% so won't buy yet

Why?

crushproof wrote: »
    Any reasoning behind the jump in the value of General Electric?

Perhaps the smart money is getting ready for tomorrow... it used to be a darling stock after all.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Why?

I take it you disagree?

I take it you disagree?

You made a statement, I'm just wondering what your basis for the statement is.

You made a statement, I'm just wondering what your basis for the statement is.

Well here are a few reasons, i don't plan to write a page long argument in favour of

Strong growth in recent quarters

Disposal of regional assets which were a drag

Major activist ( cevian) involved

New all time highs made in the past month

Awaits rebuttal

Well here are a few reasons, i don't plan to write a page long argument in favour of

Strong growth in recent quarters

Disposal of regional assets which were a drag

Major activist ( cevian) involved

New all time highs made in the past month

Awaits rebuttal

The reason that they have taken such a hammering over the past few years the pension funding and the failure to turn it around within a time frame expected by the market. Based on a return of about 6% they have a pension exposure of about $90b and an asset base of just $74b, the pension basically owns the company and it could just as easily turn into more bad news as opposed to a success story.

Basically you are buying debt, better to hold if you already have a position or wait until things become more clear before jumping in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Do people see the current virus threat in China as an end to the rally in Chinese stocks, or an opportunity to get in now on the dip before further gains?

• Advertisement

The reason that they have taken such a hammering over the past few years the pension funding and the failure to turn it around within a time frame expected by the market. Based on a return of about 6% they have a pension exposure of about $90b and an asset base of just $74b, the pension basically owns the company and it could just as easily turn into more bad news as opposed to a success story.

Basically you are buying debt, better to hold if you already have a position or wait until things become more clear before jumping in.

I don't actually own a position at the moment, I've a buy booked @ the two hundred day, it's showing very strong support at the moment, owned it from 25 to 33 last year, sold at the previous 2018 high, never owned prior to that

Any views on smurfit kappa?

Many believe packaging should stay strong with the increase in online retail, not reason enough alone to buy but recent quarters have been pretty strong for smurfit

Advertisement