Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Caught a nice bull run over the last week with Tesla, in at 780 and out today at 850.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    any thoughts on Apple as a short option right now?

Its been overbought for months and there was news yesterday about production halts due to the coronavirus

Apple trying to generate some news in the mainstream about their new product launch to keep the stock from falling possibly?

Apple is in a major uptrend in a market that is in a massive bull run. Personally, I don’t see an edge in fighting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

HSBC anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

weemcd wrote: »
    HSBC anyone?

Yep, had a little nibble this morning. Purely speculative. :rolleyes:

Any kind of on Corovirus resolution and we might well see big movement

also a dividend coming soon

(cut and paste from marketbeat).

"for stockholders of record on Thursday, February 27th will be paid a dividend of GBX 0.21 per share on Tuesday, April 14th. This represents a dividend yield of 2.73%"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Yep, had a little nibble this morning. Purely speculative. :rolleyes:

Any kind of on Corovirus resolution and we might well see big movement

also a dividend coming soon

(cut and paste from marketbeat).

"for stockholders of record on Thursday, February 27th will be paid a dividend of GBX 0.21 per share on Tuesday, April 14th. This represents a dividend yield of 2.73%"

I was thinking similar. I'm just starting out with Degiro and I'm playing with very small sums of money but I might have a nibble myself. Seems like a no brainer long term however volatile the next year or two might be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Fooking TSLA off again just like I knew it would, I'm such a coward. Next 10k I put towards my house fund is not going in Prize Bonds, its going into a special mad gambling fund in my Degiro account :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Thargor wrote: »
    Fooking TSLA off again just like I knew it would, I'm such a coward. Next 10k I put towards my house fund is not going in Prize Bonds, its going into a special mad gambling fund in my Degiro account :D
    You traitor! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭cmac2009

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Not even a gambling fund. If you just bought the S&P500 you'd have made 13% in the last 3 months or 29% in the last year. You pay tax on that but the first €1270 is tax free.

The Irish government really needs to review the CGT allowance, €1,270 is an absolutely pitiful amount. In the UK it's currently £12k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

cmac2009 wrote: »
    The Irish government really needs to review the CGT allowance, €1,270 is an absolutely pitiful amount. In the UK it's currently £12k.
    What can ye do? nothing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭greenfield21

You'd have to wonder at anyone who is an active trader knowing how much will be going to the tax man. Surprised there's not a wider discussion around it. In fairness must probably lose money anyway.

• Advertisement

You'd have to wonder at anyone who is an active trader knowing how much will be going to the tax man. Surprised there's not a wider discussion around it. In fairness must probably lose money anyway.

Thats why I use spread betting instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cashed out my Tesla at $911 2 weeks back and put it into PlugPower. Having a stormer of the day despite absoltely no news/results today. Bizarre run.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

On Groupon @ $1.74 today.

4th Quarter Earnings were bad, its down 43% today, currently $1.70.
    Reckon theres still plenty of upside to it, Will get back above $2.50 at least

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Cashed out my Tesla at $911 2 weeks back and put it into PlugPower. Having a stormer of the day despite absoltely no news/results today. Bizarre run.

Mostly Reddit driven it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

just build it into your trade plan - if you want 10% a month then your target is 14%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Big move for NIO today upto $4.40... anyone taking profit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

reducing losses :pac:

Chinese govt might extend subsidies for EV's

No its only getting started.

Also bye bye Consolidated Communications (CNSL) up 32% today sold out to bring me to exactly my BEP :-)

What a turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

retalivity wrote: »
    On Groupon @ $1.74 today.

4th Quarter Earnings were bad, its down 43% today, currently $1.70.
    Reckon theres still plenty of upside to it, Will get back above $2.50 at least

I know nothing about the company but to me it looks like it's going to bleed for a while.

Having said that you can now rest easy knowing it'll shoot up fairly soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bob Harris wrote: »
    reducing losses :pac:

Chinese govt might extend subsidies for EV's
    +1
    Bought at $4.90 :o

Shedite27 wrote: »
    +1
    Bought at $4.90 :o

dont read this then - just out today :D
    https://electrek.co/2020/02/20/investment-rumors-swirl-as-chinese-ev-maker-nio-seeks-financial-help/

chart looks good anyways i'm moving my stop up just incase spy seems to be dipping a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I bought more at 4 today, and then dumped the lot when I hit my overall breakeven of 4.29, just too many bad stories from that company about very poor cash flow at the minute.

Dumped my remaining Nio at 4.24 today, didn’t like the sound of them not being able to make their payroll

Dumped my remaining Nio at 4.24 today, didn’t like the sound of them not being able to make their payroll

Yeah, got out at $4.24 also, for a small profit. Probably a massive jump up tomorrow now :rolleyes:

any thoughts on xom, rds.a or x
    kinda gone out of fashion i guess but they starting to look tempting. i did buy some x yesterday but more of a starter position

hottipper wrote: »
    just build it into your trade plan - if you want 10% a month then your target is 14%

Why not just open a spread bet account? Also, 10% seems huge. Are you making that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Is anyone else getting nailed with the coronavirus? I'm not sure if I should weather the storm or get out until it all blows over. Taking off in south korea now.

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting nailed with the coronavirus? I'm not sure if I should weather the storm or get out until it all blows over. Taking off in south korea now.

Yeah, killing my China portfolio at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Looks to be taking off in S. Korea now too.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Advertisement