Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

conor is really macking it up

welcome aboard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 clownfish91

a lot of people are calling him a goatist online

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

a lot of people are calling him a goatist online
    No they're not (at least according to google). If you persist with this your time here will be short.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

For the Kavanagh McGregor thing - it's very much conjecture on my part but I follow JK on twitter, not Conor and over the last month or so he's been liking and RT'ing lots of Conors posts which he wasn't doing in the Khabib fight aftermath.

Its a hair brained leap but mighe be something in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

The only acceptable reference to anything containing the word goat in this forum must be in reference to the lord Artem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Spoilers from last night, although I feel like a lot of people on this thread wouldn't have and won't watch it but will spoiler anyway.
    Cowboy
    called out Conor after a lovely finish. Conor accepted on Twitter and Dana said he wouldn't be against it. I'd be all for a fight between those 2, especial in cowboy stadium, think it would be huge. Only problem is the UFC would want to add a title fight or 2 for such a big event and would still have to make Conor headline.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

His mates were up in cabinteely with their kids yesterday. They were having hushed conversations on the phones. Definitely an element of getting out of the line of fire

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 clownfish91

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Spoilers from last night, although I feel like a lot of people on this thread wouldn't have and won't watch it but will spoiler anyway.
    Cowboy
    called out Conor after a lovely finish. Conor accepted on Twitter and Dana said he wouldn't be against it. I'd be all for a fight between those 2, especial in cowboy stadium, think it would be huge. Only problem is the UFC would want to add a title fight or 2 for such a big event and would still have to make Conor headline.

everybody in the audience now gets a belt too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Very active reddit thread on recent happenings available for anyone who needs to be brought up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Very active reddit thread on recent happenings available for anyone who needs to be brought up to date.

I've literally never went into Reddit before and after wasting 10 minutes of my life I'll definitely Never look at it again. Talk about a bunch of mong's he said she said crap. Some people really love to get carried away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I've literally never went into Reddit before and after wasting 10 minutes of my life I'll definitely Never look at it again. Talk about a bunch of mong's he said she said crap. Some people really love to get carried away.

You must be new to the internet. Welcome, friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Cowboy

That would be ideal, I think the Conor Khabib event sorely missed the strong undercard of his other fights

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Wouldn’t believe everything I read on it but found the thread very informative tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

UK daily mail tomorrow will be worth a read.

D.Q wrote: »

Can you pm me what you are alluding to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Can you pm me what you are alluding to?

I believe he is just stating the daily mail is a fine publication with quality well researched journalism and that tomorrow one should read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

D.Q wrote: »

Surprise surprise there is nothing there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Surprise surprise there is nothing there today.

Never ceases to amaze me the people that believe such clear nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Pm pls

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Pm pls

Me too please. I'm fairly active on Reddit and I don't know what thread it is referencing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's pure spoofing nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Anything that's published can prejudice a trial, that's why there isn't much coming out about it. He can afford the best lawyers to exploit this as an angle to get away with his appalling behaviour.

The guy can't really get any worse to be honest. I couldn't care less if he ever fought again. His best days are well behind him now.

Effects wrote: »
    Anything that's published can prejudice a trial, that's why there isn't much coming out about it. He can afford the best lawyers to exploit this as an angle to get away with his appalling behaviour.

The guy can't really get any worse to be honest. I couldn't care less if he ever fought again. His best days are well behind him now.

Well then why are you commenting in a thread about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭SteM

Is it my imagination or was he cropped out of the buildup video prior to the espn broadcast at the weekend? They have Joe Rogan's reaction and cropped video of Aldo's face but not McGregor.

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Well then why are you commenting in a thread about him?

I said I don't care if he ever fought again. It doesn't mean I can't appreciate his past performances or condemn his scum bag behaviour. Is the thread only reserved for blind McGregor fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

SteM wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or was he cropped out of the buildup video prior to the espn broadcast at the weekend? They have Joe Rogan's reaction and cropped video of Aldo's face but not McGregor.

He was the first fighter in the video shown when the prelims ended, has him with tricolor around his shoulders. I remember seeing it on the big screens

I said I don't care if he ever fought again. It doesn't mean I can't appreciate his past performances or condemn his scum bag behaviour. Is the thread only reserved for blind McGregor fans?

Not that I can see but I certainly don't think it's reserved for adding fuel to unsubstantiated rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭SteM

He was the first fighter in the video shown when the prelims ended, has him with tricolor around his shoulders. I remember seeing it on the big screens

Oh I didn't see the prelims, fair enough. I was taking about the one narrated by Ron Perlman just before the main card. Just looked like he was edited out of it to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Guilty without trial?

Few allegations are enough now to throw people in jail nowadays.

Madness.

• Advertisement

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Not that I can see but I don't think it's reserved for adding fuel to unsubstantiated rumours.

Who made out that it was? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement