Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jesus the last boss is difficult in this game. She keeps regenerating. I'm fed up and will come back to it at some stage. Plus I have damn all money left as well.

Jesus the last boss is difficult in this game. She keeps regenerating. I'm fed up and will come back to it at some stage. Plus I have damn all money left as well.

Zarpadon ? there's a ledge you can cheese her from if you look it up. Shouldn't be too tough if you are high enough level even with poor gear. You have a few hours left to go after that fight.

Unless you mean a later boss who I would have said was a he?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The ps4 version is BD2 and the prequel together ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The ps4 version is BD2 and the prequel together ya?

Yup and includes all the DLC

Zarpadon ? there's a ledge you can cheese her from if you look it up. Shouldn't be too tough if you are high enough level even with poor gear. You have a few hours left to go after that fight.

Unless you mean a later boss who I would have said was a he?

No the last one. I thought it was a female. You take down his/her shield and her shield regenerates and then you kill her/him and he/she is massive. Total nightmare I have giving up for now.

• Advertisement

No the last one. I thought it was a female. You take down his/her shield and her shield regenerates and then you kill her/him and he/she is massive. Total nightmare I have giving up for now.

It's not easy but shouldn't be giving you too much trouble, unless you are low level? should be around 32-35 going in there no? You still have the moxxi laser you get as a reward out of the chest in the bar it's great for his shields? On the 2nd phase focus on the boss so you have enemies alive to get a 2nd wind from should you need it. You can use the low gravity to avoid the area of effect stuff in his second phase pretty easy.

Also if you don't have one you can combine any 3 purple class mods in the grinder and get a legendary for your class. That should give a health and stat boost also.

Well wasn't too bad in the end, but sure glad that battle is over.

What DLC is there for this game? I didn't see any places to go in the quick travel as there was in the previous 2.

Well wasn't too bad in the end, but sure glad that battle is over.

AH well done, you just needed my words of encouragement in the end so ! :P

Have you done the claptrap dlc? thats actually the best part of the game.

Deck 13 1/2 is where you start that one, and there is a holodome aswell

Deck 13 1/2 is where you start that one, and there is a holodome aswell

No how do you get to that? I have the season pass so I should have it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there a particular strategy for each boss? or can you just go in all guns blazing?

No how do you get to that? I have the season pass so I should have it.

Should be able to fast travel to deck 13 1/2 if it's not on the list check the dlc install.
    Is there a particular strategy for each boss? or can you just go in all guns blazing?

Played as nisha so yeah all guns blazing and a serious case of 'jakobs finger' :D

there's nothing really I'd say you had to go change build or gear for really in it that I recall. Very shallow in that regard and if one console (not sure about pc) the grinder is very easy to exploit though still luck based fro legendary items.

I found the sniper no good for boss fights. The assault rifle was best I found.

Should be able to fast travel to deck 13 1/2 if it's not on the list check the dlc install.

Cheers I actually googled it after I asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,235 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mostly guns blazing, provided you can find weak-spots and use the right elemental type (eg using electric guns against shields, fire against flesh, corrosive against armour). Same as anything really, most bosses are about learning when to fight, where to hit & when to take cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

I never had any problems with the final boss and I went in very low levelled. It never seemed to attack me but I was playing as Wilheilm if that makes a difference for when you throw out the two boys.
    Don't think I ever got near death!

I was gonna get it for ps4 but its gone up again to 60 , crap apples!

9bred4 wrote: »
    I never had any problems with the final boss and I went in very low levelled. It never seemed to attack me but I was playing as Wilheilm if that makes a difference for when you throw out the two boys.
    Don't think I ever got near death!

Are you sure you played the game? You got extremely lucky. What about when the floor turned to electricity flow, corrosive flow and also fire. And he shoots the same three elements out his mouth and also sucks you in with some magnetic element. And what about all the other difficult enemies that spawn all the time. The amount of times I had to use second chance by killing one of them. He also totally wipes your shield and all your health except about 12 health points left with one strike of a element.

Are you sure you played the game? You got extremely lucky. What about when the floor turned to electricity flow, corrosive flow and also fire. And he shoots the same three elements out his mouth and also sucks you in with some magnetic element. And what about all the other difficult enemies that spawn all the time. The amount of times I had to use second chance by killing one of them. He also totally wipes your shield and all your health except about 12 health points left with one strike of a element.

When the floor turns to an element, platforms raise out of the floor for you to stand on to avoid it. Or using your Oz boost to stay in the air for longer
    When he spews elements out of his mouth, it only happens for part of the floor, so go around his back.
    The wormhole attack is easy enough, just keep Oz boosting and holding away from the attack. Most of the time you'll avoid it.

Aside from his electric phase (as it really kills your shields), I found him to be disappointingly easy.

Bad Horse wrote: »
    When the floor turns to an element, platforms raise out of the floor for you to stand on to avoid it. Or using your Oz boost to stay in the air for longer
    When he spews elements out of his mouth, it only happens for part of the floor, so go around his back.
    The wormhole attack is easy enough, just keep Oz boosting and holding away from the attack. Most of the time you'll avoid it.

Aside from his electric phase (as it really kills your shields), I found him to be disappointingly easy.

Pretty much this! I had greater difficulty with the open area part before one boss battle that I can't remember now it's been so long since I played.

• Advertisement

9bred4 wrote: »
    Pretty much this! I had greater difficulty with the open area part before one boss battle that I can't remember now it's been so long since I played.

The airship (RX5 or something like that)? I definitely found that to be the hardest boss of the game.

Bad Horse wrote: »
    The airship (RX5 or something like that)? I definitely found that to be the hardest boss of the game.

I found him the easiest. I suppose that is the same with all gamers some find a boss hard other find it easier.

The same way I had trouble with the final boss.

Yeah that's the one! I was severely underpowered for that.

But yeah funny how it goes that it's reverse struggles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Last dude is stupidly easy, dont think i took much damage at all, jump up and shoot him in the face a lot. He only fires forwards :?

Lad before him was harder.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Last dude is stupidly easy, dont think i took much damage at all, jump up and shoot him in the face a lot. He only fires forwards :?

Lad before him was harder.

I used to jump a lot with him as well. But sometimes that tactic doesn't work. He sometimes pulls you up to his head height and totally wipes all shield and all health except 12 health points and if you get hit again you are into countdown and if you are lucky and get a kill you get a second chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I used to jump a lot with him as well. But sometimes that tactic doesn't work. He sometimes pulls you up to his head height and totally wipes all shield and all health except 12 health points and if you get hit again you are into countdown and if you are lucky and get a kill you get a second chance.

But he only fires in a small angled direction forward :confused:

You can stay about 45degrees from his face shooting and avoid all of his attacks.

Just got the Handsome Collection so will be starting over Pre-Sequel to see if it'll grow on me if I complete it a few times!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Do both games have a different trophy list? Or are working off the same one?

:edit: they do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Yester

Started this today. I have a week off work so should be able to play this quite extensively.

I feel way more powerful at the start than I do in Borderlands 2. I'm playing as Nisha as I heard she'slike the Salvador of the pre sequel. Not sure who asked for an oxygen meter but I have a feeling that's going to annoy me...

Enjoy. I recently got the dlc but haven't played it yet. The oxygen meter thing didn't end up as annoying as I thought it would be when I started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's a great game. Doesn't deserve the hate it got.

Started this today. I have a week off work so should be able to play this quite extensively.

I feel way more powerful at the start than I do in Borderlands 2. I'm playing as Nisha as I heard she'slike the Salvador of the pre sequel. Not sure who asked for an oxygen meter but I have a feeling that's going to annoy me...

Oxygen thing barely becomes a factor after a while. Used more as a butt-slam meter than anything else.

Never actually played as Nisha in it. Tried Claptrap for a while, then finished Normal mode as both Athena and Jack, then back to Athena when I replayed it last summer in advance of BL3 coming out.

It's a decent game. Like Mr E said, doesn't really deserve the hate it gets. Introduces a lot of good ideas, has a lot of new mechanics, better levelling progression and generally it's more Borderlands. But it is flawed. Enemy design is a lot more bland, writing isn't as good and map design can be frustrating. It was so nearly equal to or better than BL2 in so many ways, but nearly always just stumbles at the last second. But, more Borderlands is more Borderlands, and when it gets it right, it's still as good as ever. Enjoy!

I enjoyed it when I played it. The butt slam is pretty good. Just thinking about it I played it on PC and also have it on Xbox with the Handsome collection but never played it on Xbox so might give it a lash some time. I actually just finished the Moxxi DLC on Borderlands 3 so it's mash up of this or the Outer Worlds but still haven't decided which to choose.

I enjoyed it when I played it. The butt slam is pretty good. Just thinking about it I played it on PC and also have it on Xbox with the Handsome collection but never played it on Xbox so might give it a lash some time. I actually just finished the Moxxi DLC on Borderlands 3 so it's mash up of this or the Outer Worlds but still haven't decided which to choose.

Yeah they tried to replicate the buttslam in BL3 but it's not nearly as good due to a long recovery animation and not doing much damage (unless you have a decent relic/mod) The Moxxi DLC in BL3 is actually pretty decent.

One thing the Pre-Sequel did have which was fantastic was the Claptrap DLC. It's well worth playing once you finish TPS main story.

Currently playing through this again. I miss my pet in B3 as they revived me many times in B3. I don'y know how many times in this game i was in FFYL and no enemies around to kill so just had to die. Many times I butt slammed without looking and was near a barrel and died. That is another thing I hate about this game the barrels kill you. They don't just take away a bit of health they completely wipe your shield and if you do not have full health your dead and no pet to revive you either.

I forget who I chose to play as the last time I played this game but this time I chose Athena the gladiator and her ability is pretty useless compared to B3 and even B2 and B1. I am a good bit into the game and the skill tree is barely touched.

• Advertisement

Currently playing through this again. I miss my pet in B3 as they revived me many times in B3. I don'y know how many times in this game i was in FFYL and no enemies around to kill so just had to die. Many times I butt slammed without looking and was near a barrel and died. That is another thing I hate about this game the barrels kill you. They don't just take away a bit of health they completely wipe your shield and if you do not have full health your dead and no pet to revive you either.

I forget who I chose to play as the last time I played this game but this time I chose Athena the gladiator and her ability is pretty useless compared to B3 and even B2 and B1. I am a good bit into the game and the skill tree is barely touched.

Her skill is actually really great imo. Deflects all forward-facing damage (which gives great survivability), and a good build (Ceraunic Storm/Phalanx) leads to great shock and fire elemental damage. Later skill even absorbs any elemental damage it takes which means if you're shot with ice or corrosive it'll throw that back at enemies too. It's not the most exciting of skills, but the further into the game you get it really comes into it's own.

I was reading up on how difficult it can be to grind a legendary weapon in the grinder. Some people said you must have three legendary's or two orange and one pink. I put three pink and up popped the achievement. Couldn't believe it. I grinded many pink over the course of the game and never got one. Pure luck more than anything.

How difficult is that invincible boss? I never bothered even trying to kill it as from previous games they are difficult. That's the only side quest I have left to do. You get two achievements for beating it. One for all side quest and the other for beating the invincible.

I started the Holodome DLC. Just done the first round and said I will give it a break. I might finish it later or tomorrow. Then onto the Cl4P-TP DLC.

How difficult is that invincible boss? I never bothered even trying to kill it as from previous games they are difficult. That's the only side quest I have left to do. You get two achievements for beating it. One for all side quest and the other for beating the invincible.

I started the Holodome DLC. Just done the first round and said I will give it a break. I might finish it later or tomorrow. Then onto the Cl4P-TP DLC.

Invincible boss is actually quite easy. It's the same as the final boss of the game but just with more HP. Attacks might hit a bit harder but are still pretty easy to dodge. If you've decent enough weapons, shouldn't be an issue solo.

Trust me, it's far, far easier than the final boss of the Claptrap DLC. Have fun with that one! :D

Penn wrote: »
    Invincible boss is actually quite easy. It's the same as the final boss of the game but just with more HP. Attacks might hit a bit harder but are still pretty easy to dodge. If you've decent enough weapons, shouldn't be an issue solo.

Trust me, it's far, far easier than the final boss of the Claptrap DLC. Have fun with that one! :D

Really so he is not so bad. Might give him a go so.

I remember that guy in the Clap trap DLC. He kills in one or two shots the trick is to hide and jump up and down in a pipe while shooting him. I have the achievement on Steam to prove I beat him.

• Advertisement

Really so he is not so bad. Might give him a go so.

I remember that guy in the Clap trap DLC. He kills in one or two shots the trick is to hide and jump up and down in a pipe while shooting him. I have the achievement on Steam to prove I beat him.

I tried that last summer but it was a bit hit and miss. Ended up finding a bit of a sweet spot on the map to use scenery to dodge most attacks, still close enough to the adds to get second winds and do decent damage using Athenas shield to pop out of cover and do damage. Main advice though is to get a Flakker, especially for the last stage of the fight. Does incredible damage to him due to his size if you can get close enough.

The Sentinel though, disappointingly easy for an Invincible boss. Hardest part is just running out of ammo for best weapons and just trying to chip away at his health by the end.

I don't know, I enjoyed it both times I played it.

I have started the Claptrap DLC, just the very beginning but pushed it aside and moved onto the B3 new DLC. On about falling. From the quick change from playing this game to B3 I fell once or twice off B3 maps as I was so used to doing huge jumps in this game and jumping straight to B3. Didn't take long to readjust though.

Yeah the platforming is a definite issue in TPS. Some areas in later missions are just jumppads and boost jumps everywhere. The map design as a whole was just poor.

Can't disagree with any you said TPP. From what I remember, it actually was supposed to be a DLC for BL2 until they expanded it given the success of BL2. There were some good ideas in it (better level scaling especially, and I enjoyed most of the new VH's skills), but there were a lot of needless annoyances in it too. But I still enjoyed it. Doesn't beat BL2 (or BL3 at this stage), but for the most part I still enjoyed it.

Well f u Microsoft pulled The Handsome Collection from Game Pass. I had the DLC in The Pre Sequel left to play. I had started it but stopped playing to play Borderlands 3 DLC. Went back to this game and kept getting an error trying to play it. I decided to search the store for the game and couldn't find it in the Game Pass section any more and it clicked that they had removed it.

I want to play it so much and it is on sale at the minute for 14.99 so picked it up, not too bad but it was FREE a couple of days ago.

Well that damn EOS is some hard final boss. I beat him before but I am having flash backs of remembering I had a tonne of money before I met him and getting nearly broke from losing so much money when you die.

To be honest I have no idea how I beat him before as he is really difficult. What makes him even more difficult is all the other guys around the place if it was just him all you have to do is hide when he fires a power laser shot and jump out and shoot him when he stops and just do that till you beat him and then regenerating his shield is another mad decision the developers made.

Well just beat him.

Well that damn EOS is some hard final boss. I beat him before but I am having flash backs of remembering I had a tonne of money before I met him and getting nearly broke from losing so much money when you die.

To be honest I have no idea how I beat him before as he is really difficult. What makes him even more difficult is all the other guys around the place if it was just him all you have to do is hide when he fires a power laser shot and jump out and shoot him when he stops and just do that till you beat him and then regenerating his shield is another mad decision the developers made.

A bit late now, but there's a decent spot along the central area where it slopes down at the sides. If you hang around there, most of the adds can't get you without coming close to you which means they don't mob you, and you can use the slope and the architecture to block most of EOS's shots.

Definitely the toughest non-raid boss in a Borderlands game that I've encountered anyway. I definitely did run out of money trying to beat him last time I played. Had to leave, farm money (and farming for a Flakker which does huge damage to him) and come back.

Great DLC overall though.

Penn wrote: »
    A bit late now, but there's a decent spot along the central area where it slopes down at the sides. If you hang around there, most of the adds can't get you without coming close to you which means they don't mob you, and you can use the slope and the architecture to block most of EOS's shots.

Definitely the toughest non-raid boss in a Borderlands game that I've encountered anyway. I definitely did run out of money trying to beat him last time I played. Had to leave, farm money (and farming for a Flakker which does huge damage to him) and come back.

Great DLC overall though.

I would beat him now easy now. I actually got him down to about 2 cm of health left while I was in FFYL and ran out of time and died. I couldn't believe it all I needed was an extra second or two and would have beat him. But from that experience I knew how to beat him so went back and then beat him. He is not actually that bad if you know what to do.

The gift that keeps on giving achievement. Floor is corrosive. Bad enough trying to beat the 3 rounds but who else do you have to beat the the damn third last boss of the DLC while receiving corrosive damage while touching the ground. Managed to get the achievement in the end. I'm just going through a few achievements I have left to do in this game.

Returned to this and kind of regretting it. I think my main issue above all is that guns can barely hold enough ammo before you have to reload, it's just annoying and gets in the way of what otherwise would be fun chaos. I'm going to push through it as i have been away a while so maybe just need more time to adjust to the mechanics again.

Yea you should have stayed playing when you were last at it as, as you said you will have to readjust. Same thing happened me with GTA V while driving cars crashing into things if driving too fast but after a while it clicks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement