Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The mame of shame

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sounds like Retr0 that time...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

If only Banjo Guy was a Piano Guy this would be perfect.

FB-IMG-1570435011974.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

oh my god!
    that's either brilliant or terrible.

I'm gonna go with terrible, but in a brilliant sort of way :D

It could be worse, at least the button layout is decent...and no lights!!

https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/tabletop-retro-arcade-machine-1-up-brand-new/19010437?utm_source=email&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=SearchAlert

Oh deary me,
    looking through his sold items also has some "gems".

The nastiest buttons you can buy,
    A nasty LCD stuck to a piece of wood,
    The "art" bubbling off
    chrome tmold
    Oh yea,and the button layout!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Gotta love the way the first picture on the ad is in the dark, on some level he must also appreciate the fact that it's a monstrosity.

Regarding the controls, he could have put the stupid screen a few inches higher and had it looking...normal.

But no, apparently you aren't playing arcade games correctly unless you have your hands in a piano playing position and are staring down at your crotch.

Also that room looks like Hans Fritzls basement !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

He could have mounted the screen below the wood to hide the name on it. Also there is severe bubbling in the vinyl on it. I just hope he is a kid and if so fair play to him. Thats my only hope..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Only hope for that is petrol and a match!

Bingo Board Button placement™

• Advertisement

Bingo Board Button placement™

More like a calculator :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

file.php?id=19070&mode=view

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What?

Master of the Universe

Weird badge nipple things aside, is it just me or does it look like some kind of optical illusion?

My brain can't make sense of the cabinet size versus the stick and button size. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

o1s1n wrote: »
    Weird badge nipple things aside, is it just me or does it look like some kind of optical illusion?

My brain can't make sense of the cabinet size versus the stick and button size. :confused:

Beer bottle tops?

Master of the Universe

my3cents wrote: »
    Beer bottle tops?

Haha! Now that you say that, I can't believe I couldn't see what they were :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'm just happy we have 19 pictures. Probably about 3 of the same ones repeated over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It honestly looks like someone tried to make one of those cheap Chinese linux emulation handhelds for a giant.

my3cents wrote: »
    Beer bottle tops?

On a brighter note, if this was the Fallout universe, that cab would be worth a fortune!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

The nastiest buttons you can buy, A nasty LCD stuck to a piece of wood, The "art" bubbling off chrome tmold Oh yea,and the button layout!

It looks like a hob with a tablet melted on to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Stealing images from UKVAC
    6zds6d9t33j31.jpg

T4LpRvK.png

48819461867_c573d15a7e_z.jpg

kh0ock28rjs31.jpg

MOD: Can you resize please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

That last Outrun one doesn't look too bad to me to be honest.

It's a nice compromise between traditional controls and driving games... and that's a decent steering wheel to boot!

Master of the Universe

eddhorse wrote: »
    Stealing images from UKVAC
    6zds6d9t33j31.jpg

3ddbmh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I only have one thing to say about the first one.

BATMAN

I was looking for the haha response to o1s1ns post before realising this isn't facetube

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was looking for the haha response to o1s1ns post before realising this isn't facetube

tenor.gif?itemid=8279022

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIY-Arcade-machine-made-from-a-head-board-for-a-bed-Raspberry-Pi-Retropie/283652897660?hash=item420b07bb7c:g:ONgAAOSwoMFdsWgF

s-l1600.jpg
    image upload

Some very tidy work and collection of 6 games :)

s-l1600-1.jpg

'So, you are bidding on a one of a kind DIY arcade-like machine, which I built in 5 months in my spare time using a headboard for a bed I acquired. I built around it, attached 2 arcade joysticks, stencilled, painted and am using a monitor inside a custom casing I built. It's kinda modular, I.e. the boards at the bottom, you slot in at the bottom to create the full assembly, but can be removed when you need to put it in a van for collection (transit van is highly recommended, or a van with good head clearance). The boards used at the bottom are MDF, cut to size, varnished and painted to keep the colour theme I had going.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Note: The underside shows my construction limitations - There are protruding screws (and bolts behind the housing for the monitor). I am making you aware, because I will not take responsibility for any injury caused by misuse or hyperactive children :D. Also made mainly from wood so be aware that as with any wood based stuff, it can set on fire if you're careless with matches and cigarettes. Again, I cannot take responsibility for this. By buying this item, you have agreed to do so at your own risk of these typical dangers (again, I mention this because it's a DIY project I assembled a year ago so is not a retail item, but has been made with some off the shelf parts).
    LOL - you have been warned

Well **** me sideways,
    Bravo sir, bravo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Advertisement