Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The mame of shame

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

One can enjoy a nice glass of sherry while admiring my Hyperspin front-end....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Love the wood bat tops :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I particularly like the wheels so that it can also double up as a hostess trolley to serve food AND impress your friends at the same time - this is how arcade games were originally meant to be played

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I particularly like the wheels so that it can also double up as a hostess trolley to serve food AND impress your friends at the same time - this is how arcade games were originally meant to be played

mkzXO4.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It would have been far more effective if the stuff on the lower shelf had of been hidden away somehow, under the main table perhaps.
    A wooden frame around the LCD, mounted directly on the table top would have been nicer too, I mean, it would still be sh1te, but at least consistent sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you went in for a colonoscopy and that was in the room, you'd just assume it was part of the equipment.

o1s1n wrote: »
    If you went in for a colonoscopy and that was in the room, you'd just assume it was part of the equipment.

It was an endoscopy, and I thought it was!

Turned out it was the consultant playing Microcosm!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It was an endoscopy, and I thought it was!

Turned out it was the consultant playing Microcosm!

Lol , I actually had one of them done this morning , was awake and got to see the screen while the camera was in and can confirm thats eactly what it looks like ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

m8n2jx76emk21.jpg
    From a reddit post ..I have no idea what this really is though ...some very niche MAME cab artwork??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Dr Bob wrote: »
    m8n2jx76emk21.jpg
    From a reddit post ..I have no idea what this really is though ...some very niche MAME cab artwork??

Looks fake. Decals are wrong perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it's a crash simulator

Master of the Universe

Skerries wrote: »
    it's a crash simulator

Blue windscreen of death?

Master of the Universe

I love the way the first response is someone trying to justify the horror by pointing out that it's emulating a PS2 pad.

In what world does that need to exist?

I know - it's just so pointless.
    I also love the fact that the marquee looks like the door off a kitchen press :)
    And what's with the 2 weird slots over the double grey buttons ? Coin slots ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

apparently this was mass produced
    Quasimoto Quasicade
    http://directgametables.com/quasicadefx2.html

check out the other images here :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha "Furniture Grade" :pac:

5k !!

check out the other images here

Master of the Universe

Jaysus if you want to add a switch box so you can hook up four consoles it's an additional $300.

An additional $599 for a 'PS2 Super Pack' - Aka a softmodded PS2.

Wow - that's all I can say. Wow.

• Advertisement

I think they also made this bad boy.
    The Slik Stick
    Look at this thing of beauty, it's so big he couldn't even fit both his speakers on the desk, and double up on its uses and use it as a mouse pad, awesome!
    slikstik13.jpg

I'll quote the review here
    The SlikStik is one hell of a product. It has earned the spot as my favorite joystick console, and will be a fixture in my study for some time to come. Top notch construction, quality parts, an I-Pac encoder, and a well thought out presentation make this a winner and I recommend giving it a serious look if you're shopping for a console. Two thumbs up!

slikstik6.jpg
    A shot of the inside showing the wiring and controls. Lots of empty space available for any tinkering you might be thinking of...

I have a SlikStik - I got it from the company as payment for ads on my "MAME ROM Links" website back in the day.
    It's massive, but it's still going strong on my cab.... (That's why I'll never post a picture of my franken-cab in case it ends up on this thread....)

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I have a SlikStik - I got it from the company as payment for ads on my "MAME ROM Links" website back in the day.
    It's massive, but it's still going strong on my cab.... (That's why I'll never post a picture of my franken-cab in case it ends up on this thread....)

Me too. The shame.

I think we need a A&R confessions page ....

Master of the Universe

Surely that stick was just a front for smuggling cocaine around the world?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Surely that stick was just a front for smuggling cocaine around the world?

I hear it's the one they smuggled Madeleine Mc Cann out in.

Seen this over on ukvac,
    hl70k9yft4v21.jpg

"Had to look at it a few times, I thought they had built it around the Fireplace to start with" Bods

:D:D:D

-I love the bbq style shelves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

wow ... I think we've got a winner :o

I take it he fitted the carpet tiles himself too..

the leather bound steering wheel !!!!

• Advertisement

Someone pissed on my eyes and called it zelda

Advertisement