Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The mame of shame

1212223242527»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Inviere wrote: »
    Same, it's a bit overdone but I don't think it's crazy bad

Yeah looks fairly decent . Only problem with building Virtual tables is getting the nudge /tilt stuff right (basically everything I thought I knew about pinball as a kid was wrong , and your supposed to nudge the table a little left or right if you're about to lose the ball down the drain,(but not too hard or you'll cause it to tilt and you'll lose your game).I'm guessing the pedestal is where the PC would go?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The base looks ridiculous. Reminds me of the stand you'd get on those moulded green plastic army men as a kid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Skerries wrote: »
    an update

yf78obhu36c61.jpg

Looks like they were building a medical scanner but had a hankering for pinball

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Inviere

o1s1n wrote: »
    The base looks ridiculous. Reminds me of the stand you'd get on those moulded green plastic army men as a kid.

The base is awful yeah. I'd say it's to give the unit some horizontal stability, but ends up sticking out like a sore thumb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

o1s1n wrote: »

Lol it does doesn't it. Totally agree.
    Its going to take up a lot of unnecessary real estate.
    Plus why the extra podium with the buttons?

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »
    Plus why the extra podium with the buttons?

So you can stand further away .....duh :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So you can stand further away .....duh :D

But... don't those virtual pinball displays only really work if you are looking overhead, or close to?
    I mean, not only will the perspective be all off, if the viewing angle is as usual you might only be able to see half of the play area anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But... don't those virtual pinball displays only really work if you are looking overhead, or close to?
    I mean, not only will the perspective be all off, if the viewing angle is as usual you might only be able to see half of the play area anyway!
    I think people made some head tracking tech for this reason

Advertisement