Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Veyron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

colm_mcm wrote:
    That the red convertible? Your man was loving the attention driving around!

Yep, I agree. The wife's comment just baffled me a bit, it's a car show and it's a Ferrari - people are going to want to get up close to the thing. If you have a problem with that (and that's cool if you do) but don't bring it to a public car show then?!

I lost interest in it after seeing the Veyron but the Ferrari did sound lovely driving away and I wouldn't say no! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

bigkev49 wrote:
    Who was driving the veyron lads?

Gordon Kellett... Is it just me or does anyone else think the car one ugly-ass mo fo?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

0509_frankfurt_01+2006_skoda_octavia_rs+front_left_view.jpg

I'm sorry but the Veyron's headlights look the same as the Octavias, which to be fair has a biger boot, and in TDI form is almost as fast and can get 90mpg all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Compare the front grille to the Seat Leon!!!

That's VAG for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

So say I have €1m to splash out on a car, can I go out and just buy a Veyron? Surely, not, that seems too easy? Sure evey tom, dick and harry would have one :confused:

the €1m bit usually puts people off.... that and the Skoda lights

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

hey guys, went to see this amazing machine. seeing it in person really changed my perception of it. it really is a beautiful looking car

even my girlfriend who came with me has fallen in love with it!!

heres a video i took of when they started engine.
    crank speakers up :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h5Z-O6F56s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

skoda lights with a seat grill, both are a part of the VW group and so is Bugatti.
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnn:eek:

@bigslick Your a wicked man for getting in the way:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

JohnCleary wrote:
    So say I have €1m to splash out on a car, can I go out and just buy a Veyron? Surely, not, that seems too easy? Sure evey tom, dick and harry would have one :confused:
    nope, because the car cost about €2m in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Notice in two of the pics, there's a girl and what can only be a 2/3 year old pawing the car !

Here's my pics of it:

12082007142.jpg
    12082007141.jpg
    12082007140.jpg
    12082007139.jpg
    12082007138.jpg

I take it there wasn't many boardies there with the lack of posts on the thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I was in work ;[

Would have been tricky to convince my gf too.

mine was complaining so I sent her back to the car for an hour and a half :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

steve06 wrote:
    I take it there wasn't many boardies there with the lack of posts on the thread...

I was at the Moynalty Show instead, which was fun watching Jags and American muscle cars getting stuck in the mud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I was having staples put into my head... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Onkle wrote:
    I was having staples put into my head... :-(

Onkle, you win :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

steve06 wrote:

I was there. Thats all that counts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Max_Damage wrote:
    I was at the Moynalty Show instead, which was fun watching Jags and American muscle cars getting stuck in the mud!
    Speaking of cars stuck in the muck, expensive German metal..... stuck in the muck:
    1096619339_d3959a13ec.jpg

Steve: how does that flickr work with tumbnail link to pics? Can't figure it out.

Had a good day at the races sunday btw, quite afew nice cars. Missed all them TVR's, seen half a dozen of them leave but no Sagaris (is that sagaris owned by a boards member btw?)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I was at the Clayton in Galway. TBH didn't have all that much interest in it. I hate looking at things I can't have :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's left hand drive, send it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

jozi wrote:
    Speaking of cars stuck in the muck, expensive German metal..... stuck in the muck:
    1096619339_d3959a13ec.jpg

sorry that was me standing in the way ruining your pic.
    here's what I filmed :D

http://www.youtube.com/v/WB5JmwYkz4k

Re: the Veyron, total crap it was being followed around the track by a Ford Focus (think it was filming it for RPM) I didn't notice the brakes smoking on the Focus, nor on anything else racing on either day (and pushing a lot harder than they drove the Veyron)

It didn't even sound that impressive and it looks like a squashed Audi TT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Hi lads, im pretty close with the Elf/Finol guys (they sponsor me), and the Veyron hit 181mph on the main straight on its last quick lap, Bugatti have confirmed this. It was being driven at the time by an ex-Race driver, whos name was not Kellett.

Here's the driver... I took a photo

img9747ms7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Thats Gordon Kellet, he drove the first laps, The guy who sold it drove some laps, and the 3rd guy drove the last lap and the slowdown lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

drdre wrote:
    I was there. Thats all that counts :)
    Is this Fr. Fintin Stack by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Plug wrote:
    Is this Fr. Fintin Stack by any chance?

Not even Hitler would make a statement like he did.

Here's some I took:

veyron1lt0.jpg
    veyron2vn1.jpg
    veyron3ar8.jpg
    veyron4vr6.jpg
    veyron5hr4.jpg

ok we'll lets try something different.... any boardies spotted here in my pics?

1095568309_29f64b5902_b.jpg
    1095557981_63676e2286_b.jpg
    1095586935_c9920c252e_b.jpg
    1096453202_db27882a29_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Kersh wrote:
    Hi lads, im pretty close with the Elf/Finol guys (they sponsor me), and the Veyron hit 181mph on the main straight on its last quick lap, Bugatti have confirmed this. It was being driven at the time by an ex-Race driver, whos name was not Kellett.
    Was this at the Phoenix Park?? Surely not. :confused:

Advertisement