Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Internetscour

Ollie321 wrote: »
    You're right, I wonder if AO have to complete the exact same training?

I’d imagine so. It’s a higher grade so I can’t see them dodging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 OutForTender

Ollie321 wrote: »
    You're right, I wonder if AO have to complete the exact same training?

AO in Tax, Audit and Compliance will do the same training. They may be placed in a more 'advanced' role once they finish training.

Messi19 wrote: »
    That's ridiculous. Should be stated at the start of the process instead of wasting people's time. I live in Dublin and don't drive ffs!

This time they had training in Dublin, Cork and Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sj20111

At the beginning of this thread someone said 'the first six months' of this job is all training but now others are discussing how training is three weeks a month for the first three years.

Which is it?

sj20111 wrote: »
    At the beginning of this thread someone said 'the first six months' of this job is all training but now others are discussing how training is three weeks a month for the first three years.

Which is it?

Last year, for the Dublin group anyway, it was 6 weeks 'on the job' between August and February. The rest was training.

The 'on the job' is still training. You are trained to do a certain type of case which you probably won't end up doing once you finish training. The experience is to get you used to the systems and procedures.

It's possible the situation is different outside Dublin. I can understand it's harder to keep groups together. I wouldn't worry though, the work will be very simple to begin with.

• Advertisement

Which is it?

I only know the position in the north area and it’s definitely 3 weeks a month for recruits there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 weebabar

Hi. I have been called for supervised testing in Dublin on 13th November. I didn’t get a rating on the unsupervised testing. Have you heard?’

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JamPack

I only know the position in the north area and it’s definitely 3 weeks a month for recruits there.

In the previous thread someone said that that training is now gone and its with a new institute, so that schedule is probably gone too

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Is it likely that these tests will be the same format as the previous tests, i.e. 6 tabs with separate information and 37 questions in 12 minutes?

Not sure if they are looking to confirm it was us that actually sat them or if they might be in a different format, i.e. passage of text/graph with 3 questions on it (as in some of the numerical/verbal test examples elsewhere), to test us differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    Is it likely that these tests will be the same format as the previous tests, i.e. 6 tabs with separate information and 37 questions in 12 minutes?

Not sure if they are looking to confirm it was us that actually sat them or if they might be in a different format, i.e. passage of text/graph with 3 questions on it (as in some of the numerical/verbal test examples elsewhere), to test us differently.

The tests will be very similar to unsupervised, nothing to catch anyone out, just making sure someone else didn't do them for you etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Anyone know of anywhere good to park around this place tomorrow ?

Edit

Fitzwilliam street/fitzwilliam place

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Rikand wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere good to park around this place tomorrow ?

Edit

Fitzwilliam street/fitzwilliam place

I'm thinking of parking in Dundrum and getting Luas to Charlemont, 15 min walk from there

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

Theres a multi-storey very close to the Stephen's Green shopping centre, which isn't too far from IACT. Think it's a 'Q Park' one. Sorry I wouldn't know what the story is with on street parking up there.

mac1ntosh wrote: »
    Theres a multi-storey very close to the Stephen's Green shopping centre, which isn't too far from ICAT. Think it's a 'Q Park' one. Sorry I wouldn't know what the story is with on street parking up there.

I think I'll do the same. Either that or the one in Dawson street near the national gallery.

Good to know its in IACT because the address link in my email on my phone clicked to the 32 fitzwilliam place which is another decent walk down the road :)

I ended up parking in that dawson street car park just off Stephen's green and near the national gallery. Was just a 10 minute walk from there. Very handy. Just shy of 8 euro for 2 hours though but still, cheaper than the train + luas/taxi combination I would have been looking at

Test was grand too. Same as before more or less. Got around the same amount answered again. Hopefully it's enough :)

Which is it?

The booklet clearly states 3 years training so not sure where 6 months came from.

Numbers were much smaller at today’s test than I imagined!

The booklet clearly states 3 years training so not sure where 6 months came from.

The first 6 months will be drastically different to the rest of the training. You obviously wont be in training for 3 years but you will be doing some course, mostly in your own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭doc22

Numbers were much smaller at today’s test than I imagined!

how many?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Any idea when results are expected when supervised tests finish tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

AngelaG wrote: »

Previously they took 5 weeks having been told they would be out in under 4. Its difficult to gauge

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭teaontap

The original booklet stated interviews will be held late November/early December so I'd assume they would be fairly quick with the results to give time to book interviews in and prep application forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

teaontap wrote: »
    The original booklet stated interviews will be held late November/early December so I'd assume they would be fairly quick with the results to give time to book interviews in and prep application forms.

If training begins in January for those successful candidates interviews would need to be early December for people to give notice ....????

Someone in front of me asked and the girl said friday or monday

So that would be quick but very possible with revenue

doc22 wrote: »
    how many?

Less than 20 I think.

The first 6 months will be drastically different to the rest of the training. You obviously wont be in training for 3 years but you will be doing some course, mostly in your own time.

Ok well that’s very different than what I was told from existing revenue EO recruits. 3 weeks training a month first year, two weeks training a month, year two and so forth. By training I’m not referring to “on the job” I’m referring to course training in the allocated locations.

Ok well that’s very different than what I was told from existing revenue EO recruits. 3 weeks training a month first year, two weeks training a month, year two and so forth.

Audit and Compliance in Dublin at EO level is the one I have experience with.

That might have been the old training. It used to be a diploma from UL but at the moment they are doing the ITI Tax Technician instead, I think that's subject to change but it won't be ready for January.

Ok well that’s very different than what I was told from existing revenue EO recruits. 3 weeks training a month first year, two weeks training a month, year two and so forth. By training I’m not referring to “on the job” I’m referring to course training in the allocated locations.

It's different for EOs in Rural areas as they have more time off as they'd time of in lieu of traveling would they not?

Less than 20 I think.

20 over 5/6 sessions by 3 days would be over near 300 taken to the initial round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 weebabar

How many tests were scheduled today. I have my test at 3;15 tomorrow but I assume there are other times? Any confirmation on this?

Advertisement