Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Cut-e use negative marking/scores for incorrect answers, this would not have been advisable.

Didn't see that mentioned on the intro. In fact if I remember rightly the sample tutorial had mentioned about either skipping a question and coming back to it or simply guessing and moving on. Strange that they'd advise that as an option and not mention negative marking. Either way I'm not overly bothered, I'd love the job but it would involve a 20% pay cut that I dont think I can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cornel08biz

Hi ,

I did the 3 tests this morning and I was very disappointed by the 'verbal reasoning' ...
    When shall we receive the results?

Does anyone know what is the pass mark for these tests ?

Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SarahJ100

Hi guys, I currently work in insurance, I have an accounting degree and I have worked in accounts before.
    Can anyone give an insight into what a typical day would be like? I know every day can be different in work but just in general.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Wish I had read this about answering the chatassess in terms of seniority! Balls! I was just answering them as they came in, like I would do in the private sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

Mc Love wrote: »
    Wish I had read this about answering the chatassess in terms of seniority! Balls! I was just answering them as they came in, like I would do in the private sector.

I did that for the AO comp and still passed so don't be too worried

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

I did do that to an extent but forgot to take into account their level of experience for their role when selecting an answer

The reasoning tests were a nightmare, wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

Well they were kinda horrible. Should've done them early in the day and also maybe in a better environment; a fire on and lying down with a laptop may not have helped.

I didn't get too far on either verbal or numerical reasoning, I'd say just over half way. Neither were outrageously tough but tedious enough.

Will see how results are. Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I think I got about the same amount answered this time around as i did for the AO - tests were very similar :D

Hopefully similar results

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

Rikand wrote: »
    I think I got about the same amount answered this time around as i did for the AO - tests were very similar :D

Hopefully similar results

Agreed. Thought the chatassess was tougher this time

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

The first two assessments sucked, thought I was flying through until I looked up and saw 4 minutes left and nowhere near half way through...

Thought I did well with the chatassess but think I went through it too fast, got through it all but it didnt end, waited two minutes for another message to come through but then noticed one message unanswered but with no orange tab, I must have flicked back after the message came in and didnt notice so no orange tab was on it, now I dont know how long that message went unanswered :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

I wonder when they will issue the results?

Hopefully we'll get the results by tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    The first two assessments sucked, thought I was flying through until I looked up and saw 4 minutes left and nowhere near half way through...

Thought I did well with the chatassess but think I went through it too fast, got through it all but it didnt end, waited two minutes for another message to come through but then noticed one message unanswered but with no orange tab, I must have flicked back after the message came in and didnt notice so no orange tab was on it, now I dont know how long that message went unanswered :(

Hard to know on the timing, 30 mins to do and it normally takes 20 mins, I was finished in about 15 mins. Were they looking for speed, who knows. Had a message missing too, just kept opening each one and found it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Thought I did well with the chatassess .... but then noticed one message unanswered but with no orange tab .... now I dont know how long that message went unanswered :(

I had a similar issue during my Chat Assess. Obviously no one knows until the results come out however I don't think it matters the order you answer the questions provided you answered all the situation question correctly & before the time (30 mins) ran out.

According to Cut-e "The test taker is presented with incoming real-life work messages from different people and responds by selecting from one of the answer options given. Based on the test taker response, subsequent questions or situations are presented. The test uses a simulated instant-messaging format and making for a more realistic and enjoyable presentation than traditional situational judgement tests."

It seems from that description, they are more interested in your response than the order or speed. It would be a different story if you finished in 15 min and ended the test, or if you allowed the 30 minutes to run out, without answering untagged messages.

Didn't see that mentioned on the intro. In fact if I remember rightly the sample tutorial had mentioned about either skipping a question and coming back to it or simply guessing and moving on. Strange that they'd advise that as an option and not mention negative marking. Either way I'm not overly bothered, I'd love the job but it would involve a 20% pay cut that I dont think I can afford.

"How fast do I have to work in order to pass the Online Assessment?
    Try to answer the questions quickly but carefully. However, in order to avoid oversights, you should not try to work faster than you did at school or during your studies. As incorrect answers generally affect the overall results negatively any oversights can affect the final result to your detriment."

https://www.cut-e.com/online-assessment/free-assessments/

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

"How fast do I have to work in order to pass the Online Assessment?
    Try to answer the questions quickly but carefully. However, in order to avoid oversights, you should not try to work faster than you did at school or during your studies. As incorrect answers generally affect the overall results negatively any oversights can affect the final result to your detriment."

https://www.cut-e.com/online-assessment/free-assessments/

That quote isn't saying anything about being negatively marked where responses are incorrect.

My reading of that passage is that working faster than you can will lead to oversight which leads to incorrect answers. Incorrect answers negatively affect the overall result. That's basically every exam ever. Nowhere does it say you will be deducted Mark's for incorrect responses.

That quote isn't saying anything about being negatively marked where responses are incorrect.

My reading of that passage is that working faster than you can will lead to oversight which leads to incorrect answers. Incorrect answers negatively affect the overall result. That's basically every exam ever. Nowhere does it say you will be deducted Mark's for incorrect responses.

"How are cut-e tests scored?
    Most of the cut-e tests will have points allocated for each answer you get correct, and for each incorrect answer - points are deducted. It is very important to pay attention as for each wrong answer as any incorrect answer will significantly affect your score.
    Your final score takes into account not only your correct answers, but also your incorrect answers."

https://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/cut-e-tests

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭joe1979

Anyone hear anything yet?

Hi Guys,

Any feedback for the tests?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭teaontap

Nothing yet here, really thought they would be out by today since the supervised tests are meant to be next Monday to Wednesday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CivilCybil

joe1979 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything yet?

I had a phonecall from them today as there was some concern over my qualification
    Insurance degree doesn't count as financial apparently.
    Luckily I have a level 6 in something else that does qualify

CivilCybil wrote: »
    I had a phonecall from them today as there was some concern over my qualification
    Insurance degree doesn't count as financial apparently.
    Luckily I have a level 6 in something else that does qualify

I wouldn't think mine counts as financial either but haven't received a call

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CivilCybil

I wouldn't think mine counts as financial either but haven't received a call

I've actually checked and I'm out. Other qualification is only a level 5.
    So I don't meet the criteria.
    Oh well.
    I'm on a panel for another EO position so hopefully I'll get something from that.

I did think we would have heard today as well, in previous competition results were issued the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ek1313

teaontap wrote: »
    Nothing yet here, really thought they would be out by today since the supervised tests are meant to be next Monday to Wednesday!

Hi where did you hear that supervised test will be next week???

Ek1313 wrote: »
    Hi where did you hear that supervised test will be next week???

In the email inviting us to sit the unsupervised tests:
    We will be calling a limited number of successful candidates initially from these unsupervised tests, if you are among these successful candidates, you will be called to a supervised test, these tests will take place in Dublin between 11 and 13 November 2019.

Another day off for me so if I'm successful

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LM4C

Got my email about the supervised tests

Are they sending invitations only?
    Did anybody receive feedback?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

milhous wrote: »
    Well they were kinda horrible. Should've done them early in the day and also maybe in a better environment; a fire on and lying down with a laptop may not have helped.

I didn't get too far on either verbal or numerical reasoning, I'd say just over half way. Neither were outrageously tough but tedious enough.

Will see how results are. Good luck to all.

I found the information hard to find on the data sheets myself, probably wasn't helped by my eye constantly been drawn to the clock

Advertisement