Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 OutForTender

Last year you didn't get a new OOM after the interview. But you would move up a few places if people above you failed the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I was notified that I passed the test, but they are not following through with my application. My qualification is not applicable for the job. It appears I must have misread the job spec for suitable qualification.

Raging, but these things happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 weebabar

Rikand wrote: »
    I was notified that I passed the test, but they are not following through with my application. My qualification is not applicable for the job. It appears I must have misread the job spec for suitable qualification.

Raging, but these things happen :)

Sorry to hear that. What is your qualification? When did you get email

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RCL173

Just got an email saying I reached the required standards for the tests and have been given an order of merit but I am not being called for interview as part of the initial group.
    Does this mean there’s still a chance I could be called for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dinny1982

I just got an email, I got through to next round but I am not in the initial batch. I am 123 if they ever get to that number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Last year you didn't get a new OOM after the interview. But you would move up a few places if people above you failed the interview.

Okay that makes senses then. So you keep your original OOM but you may be higher up than that number on the basis of somone above you failing the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CivilCybil

dinny1982 wrote: »
    I just got an email, I got through to next round but I am not in the initial batch. I am 123 if they ever get to that number

Lol, same OOM as me. I won't be holding my breath for the call. Seems to be very small numbers called.

CivilCybil wrote: »
    Lol, same OOM as me. I won't be holding my breath for the call. Seems to be very small numbers called.

I would be thinking the same! 123 doesnt seem very high but the email said others may have the same number as you. So could be lots of us at 123. How long does this panel last?

I would be thinking the same! 123 doesnt seem very high but the email said others may have the same number as you. So could be lots of us at 123. How long does this panel last?

from the information booklet

'A panel will be formed in order of merit from which candidates may be called as critical posts arise. The panel created from this competition will expire one year after its establishment.'

RCL173 wrote: »
    Just got an email saying I reached the required standards for the tests and have been given an order of merit but I am not being called for interview as part of the initial group.
    Does this mean there’s still a chance I could be called for interview?

Did you both receive the email on Friday as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 RCL173

BhoyRayzor wrote: »

No, didn’t receive anything on Friday just got an email today

I got mine today as well

Got mine today too.

From what I've read they're calling a batch to start in January and another in September. So I'd imagine the people called for interview and passed will be sufficient for both intakes and the panel expires then.
    I sort of felt if I didn't get into first round of interviews it wouldn't happen.

I'm also languishing on an EO panel since August waiting for a call. Some counties have moved onto batch 2. Some counties haven't even called people for interview.
    It's all a waiting game!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Davis3265al

Has anybody who has been called to Interview gotten their oom yet?

From what I've read they're calling a batch to start in January and another in September. So I'd imagine the people called for interview and passed will be sufficient for both intakes and the panel expires then.
    I sort of felt if I didn't get into first round of interviews it wouldn't happen.

I'm also languishing on an EO panel since August waiting for a call. Some counties have moved onto batch 2. Some counties haven't even called people for interview.
    It's all a waiting game!

I'd be of the same thinking. Fingers crossed we may get a call, do you think the Sept intake will be from the current people who have been called to interview?

I'm an eo currently but the revenue side of things appeal more to me

Has anybody who has been called to Interview gotten their oom yet?

Nothing here yet but it just said in the email on Friday that the email will be sent this week.

Looks like at the moment they are emailing people who passed the test, but not called for interview, with their OOM.

I'd be of the same thinking. Fingers crossed we may get a call, do you think the Sept intake will be from the current people who have been called to interview?

I'm an eo currently but the revenue side of things appeal more to me

Hard to tell. It'd depend on how many pass the interview but from previous reading the numbers who proceed to the actual job seem to be fairly small. Revenue would appeal more to me too but c'est la vie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JimboJumbo

It's all a waiting game!

Would it not depend on what location you have down on your form? For example if I have Cork down and you have Limerick would we not be on different panels and possible different class sizes?

JimboJumbo wrote: »
    Would it not depend on what location you have down on your form? For example if I have Cork down and you have Limerick would we not be on different panels and possible different class sizes?

Going by the emails people received today it seems there is an overall OOM, not based on location. So I am presuming that, for example, you might be 10 overall, selected Cork and if the other 9 people ahead of you have selected Limerick and if there is a vacancy for Cork, you are contacted first as you are effectively OOM 1 for Cork on that basis. :confused:

• Advertisement

Going by the emails people received today it seems there is an overall OOM, not based on location. So I am presuming that, for example, you might be 10 overall, selected Cork and if the other 9 people ahead of you have selected Limerick and if there is a vacancy for Cork, you are contacted first as you are effectively OOM 1 for Cork on that basis. :confused:

Makes sense, thanks for clarifying. I don’t expect to hear anymore from this competition.

JimboJumbo wrote: »

The numbers called were small though. I don't think there's anyway there would be 100+ people ahead of me for my county so I assumed my OOM was national, not by county.

The numbers called were small though. I don't think there's anyway there would be 100+ people ahead of me for my county so I assumed my OOM was national, not by county.

. I wonder is it by county though. If they have a class starting in limerick it could consist of people who applied Clare and Tipperary because they probably wouldn’t have enough numbers to hold a class in these counties alone.

weebabar wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. What is your qualification? When did you get email

Software Engineering. There's a lot of maths in it, which is what I used as the basis for my application but they said that they intended it to be for someone who had a pure Maths degree. Which is fair enough :)

Grand to get the experience of more supervised tests under my belt and to have passed them. Stands to me for the next campaign I go for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 InTallaght

FYI for Dubliners

This year the potential locations were mainly O'Connell Street, Lansdowne Road, Tallaght and Ashtown gate.

They asked people's preferences before assigning them but I know a fair few people got one they are not happy with. You could get assigned 3 months into the job.

Seems the breakdown is 40% O'Connell 40% Tallaght 20% Lansdowne while Ashtown gate didn't request anyone. Obviously this could be different this time around but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 weebabar

Rikand wrote: »
    Software Engineering. There's a lot of maths in it, which is what I used as the basis for my application but they said that they intended it to be for someone who had a pure Maths degree. Which is fair enough :)

Grand to get the experience of more supervised tests under my belt and to have passed them. Stands to me for the next campaign I go for :)

I think there is an ICT revenue recruitment which might be more up your street. Best of luck anyway!
    I passed the test but didn't make it to interviews.

weebabar wrote: »
    I think there is an ICT revenue recruitment which might be more up your street. Best of luck anyway!
    I passed the test but didn't make it to interviews.

Cheers, but the ICT one is Dublin/Limerick only and I'm not keen on the commute to either :(

The Masters in Software was good enough to get me to interview for the AO panel too though. I guess the EO is just more specific :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ForEsme

Hi, just wondering did anyone get an email today calling for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Internetscour

ForEsme wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering did anyone get an email today calling for interview?

Yup. Monday week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭doc22

Did they give am oom

Advertisement