Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RedBarchetta

Messi19 wrote: »
    Nothing for me yet. Did they give any results?

No results but you could request feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dilw2

Mc Love wrote: »
    Ah same :(

Same 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭joe1979

dilw2 wrote: »
    Same 😥

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Has everyone received a reply now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Ollie321 wrote: »

I did, as i thought i didn't get through:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

Still nothing here

Still nothing here

I suggest you give them a call in the morning if you still haven't heard

Was anyone successful with the unsupervised tests but not called to this round of supervised tests?

Was anyone successful with the unsupervised tests but not called to this round of supervised tests?

Just got the same email

• Registered Users Posts: 2 caz41

Yes i got an email this morning to say i met the standards but will not be called for the initial round - i also cant get any results on unsupervised tests as i am still in the competition.

• Advertisement

Me too, I'm annoyed because it more or less means I'm out of this competition as the number of appointments made in my region will be covered by those in Batch 1

At least I'll know what purgatory feels like

FYI Revenue have announced another competition which some of you might be interested in:
    Administrative Officer (Information and Communications Technology (ICT))-Dublin and Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Me too, I'm annoyed because it more or less means I'm out of this competition as the number of appointments made in my region will be covered by those in Batch 1

Does that mean then that they have limited those progressing based on the locations that were selected on the initial application?

As in someone who selected a location, say along with 100 others, may have scored better on the unsupervised test than someone who selected a location, say along with 10 others, but due to a limit they may have on each location there may be a different cut off point for each.

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    Does that mean then that they have limited those progressing based on the locations that were selected on the initial application?

As in someone who selected a location, say along with 100 others, may have scored better on the unsupervised test than someone who selected a location, say along with 10 others, but due to a limit they may have on each location there may be a different cut off point for each.

I honestly dont know how they pick the initial batch, I am lead to believe that it is random though so its all about luck.
    The regional location that i have chosen has over the past number of years only appointed very small numbers ie 1-3, so the likelihood of that not being filled from the first batch is very slim, so no luck for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

I honestly dont know how they pick the initial batch, I am lead to believe that it is random though so its all about luck.
    The regional location that i have chosen has over the past number of years only appointed very small numbers ie 1-3, so the likelihood of that not being filled from the first batch is very slim, so no luck for me :(

Okay thanks, sorry you didn't get through. First time going through a public competition like this, trying not to get any hopes up as I don't expect many vacancies in my preferred location, say compared to the likes of Dublin or Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TheFrog1992

Yes same as this. They are bit sketchy on the detail. Anyone an idea of how long it might until they eventually finalise all this? Am i right to say it is less likely to get a call if your preferred location is smaller?

Am i right to say it is less likely to get a call if your preferred location is smaller?

Logic would say yes

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Internetscour

Delighted to get into the first batch. But found out lately that you must train for three weeks in Dundalk anyway, so location isn’t really that important when even if you get your chosen location it’ll be three years before you are there full time.

Delighted to get into the first batch. But found out lately that you must train for three weeks in Dundalk anyway, so location isn’t really that important when even if you get your chosen location it’ll be three years before you are there full time.

Have they recently changed the location of the training? Didnt it used to be in Dublin?

• Advertisement

Have they recently changed the location of the training? Didnt it used to be in Dublin?

I’m not sure I just know that those who transferred in on mobility and the new open competition appointed candidates in 2018 in my location all train in Dundalk three weeks a month. If I had known this for AO I certainly would’ve picked a different location since it’s only a week in the month really.

I’m not sure I just know that those who transferred in on mobility and the new open competition appointed candidates in 2018 in my location all train in Dundalk three weeks a month. If I had known this for AO I certainly would’ve picked a different location since it’s only a week in the month really.

That's a hell of a commute that'll knock a lot out

I'd be looking for an Air B&B

That's ridiculous. Should be stated at the start of the process instead of wasting people's time. I live in Dublin and don't drive ffs!

Well now I’m talking about my location only which is north, possible other locations differ. But you get well subsidized from what I hear.

That's ridiculous. Should be stated at the start of the process instead of wasting people's time. I live in Dublin and don't drive ffs!

I would imagine there is training in the Dublin vicinity.

Well now I’m talking about my location only which is north, possible other locations differ. But you get well subsidized from what I hear.

I wonder should we have picked Louth, did the 3 years training and put in for Mobility after :)

I wonder should we have picked Louth, did the 3 years training and put in for Mobility after :)

Yeah exactly. I’m down for sligo in another competition and I wouldn’t hesitate now in light of hearing about training. Sure it makes little difference.

I would imagine there is training in the Dublin vicinity.

I'd certainly hope so

• Advertisement

Yeah exactly. I’m down for sligo in another competition and I wouldn’t hesitate now in light of hearing about training. Sure it makes little difference.

You're right, I wonder if AO have to complete the exact same training?

Advertisement