Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    It was on sale for half price as it was close-dated in Dunnes more like.

I see Ted is talking out through his ass again 😛

🤣🤣😝

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I see Ted is talking out through his ass again 😛

🤣🤣😝

Why you little......

Don't make me go back down there again. I have just about recovered from the last trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Onshuh wrote: »
    Once I get the trays in the oven I clear up the mess before it's ready.

I will add, while it might sound like I'm a hero doing lots of jobs, while I'm doing them jobs the missus is minding a one and a three year old which would tire the sh!te out of you too. :D
    Yeah, I think I'd definitely cope with chaos in the kitchen better than a 1 and 3 year old. One at a time, maybe. Both together - not a hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Watching Snowpiercer on Film 4. I've never seen it before. It's fookin deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,320 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Watching Snowpiercer on Film 4. I've never seen it before. It's fookin deadly!

There's a series based on it too, not sure if it's any good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Autosport wrote: »
    Hate to say but I’m having a great day, club championship is on and we are beating the other team, I’m nearly embarrassed for the other team. F1 recorded to watch later :)

Aherlow v Cahir by any chance?

Awake with vestibular migraine. For me, the most excruciating kind. Feel like my brains ate trying to explode out my ears.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Awake with vestibular migraine. For me, the most excruciating kind. Feel like my brains ate trying to explode out my ears.

Oh hell, sounds rotten *gentle hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bed side with one hot water bottle at my feet and one at my hip. I'm in agony. Ongoing issue but it's getting worse. :(

(((HUGS))) Feeling/sharing your pain. Getting to the kitchen just now was quite an adventure. I now have a warm furry hot water bottle helping.

(((HUGS))) "Ah yes I remember it well". I got meds that almost always work now. Almost...Immigran Nasal ...

• Advertisement

GoneHome wrote: »
    Lovely relaxing day, just about to order a few new books online to see me through the next few weeks, love going through the lists and seeing what's been released.

I would love a big bag of paperbacks from a charity shop and I have two big boxes to give to them but not a chance now. The ferrymen are already doing so much extra, with cocooning folk , and I am all at sea out here ;)

And on a scale of 1-10 bookless all at sea rates not even a 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Graces7 wrote: »
    What an... interesting idea! But no! I could not move it that far and.. long cable? .. lol.... Just.. no! Or am I misreading you?

I’m serious, few months ago in one of my hotel stays, the brand new washing machine wouldn’t work, so i just added water through the powder slot and away it went. AFAIK, most machines have a limited water amount, so it will just sit there waiting for you to add a sufficient amount of water.

But hey, if you prefer washing by hand with the sea breeze in your hair, then go for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Monday mornings, oh how I hate them! At the desk in work sipping a coffee and trying to wake myself up. Good fun on the way here with a tractor doing around 40km/hour on the motorway, he was causing pure mayhem.
    He looked happy enough himself though, he couldn't give a sh!te! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,099 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Have you ever seen 'Come and See'? Definitely something everyone should watch, but only once.

Barbaric and enthralling.

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Monday mornings, oh how I hate them! At the desk in work sipping a coffee and trying to wake myself up. Good fun on the way here with a tractor doing around 40km/hour on the motorway, he was causing pure mayhem.
    He looked happy enough himself though, he couldn't give a sh!te! :D

You've got to admire the brazeness of people like that. Pootling along as cool as a breeze while everyone around them is apoplectic with rage. Big happy, easy going heads on them when they eventually wave you on with a nod!

May hen here this morning and the fun hasn't even started. Plumber has arrived to look in the hotpress and has gone to get some parts. Himself has gone to get the new washer. The one I wanted wasn't in stock but have plumbed for a cheaper one with less bells and whistles that I'll probably never use anyway.

Still migraine but not as bad.

smurfjed wrote: »
    I’m serious, few months ago in one of my hotel stays, the brand new washing machine wouldn’t work, so i just added water through the powder slot and away it went. AFAIK, most machines have a limited water amount, so it will just sit there waiting for you to add a sufficient amount of water.

But hey, if you prefer washing by hand with the sea breeze in your hair, then go for it :)

You said to take the machine outside? Superwoman I am not! It is neatly fitted in to its space and there is no way I could move it. And I do not have a power extension that would reach a socket. Just not feasible. The door is down a long corridor.. not like in a hotel room?

A washing machine is a sheer luxury anyways. It really is to my generation. If it ever gets done, fine, if not fine.

Thank you for the thought!

Is it a luxury to your generation? Washing machines have been commonplace since the 50s! Even my gran had a washing machine most of her married life and she's 101. Now dishwashers are still seen as a luxury by some. I can understand that but personally I'd hate to have to function without either. I am a lazy sod though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have you ever seen 'Come and See'? Definitely something everyone should watch, but only once.
    Grandeeod wrote: »
    Barbaric and enthralling.

I was traumatised after watching it, tough watch

Deskside with the sweet stuff, my neck feels weird since I woke up, like there was a rope around it or something :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Deskside with the sweet stuff, my neck feels weird since I woke up, like there was a rope around it or something :confused:

I've seen it.

It's an artistic masterpiece.

Oh no Creek?

Maybe a hot shower will help. Hope it sorts itself out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Morning Wherers! I enjoyed a technology free weekend again! It's such a great break! Also helped move my housemate out. Officially living on my tobler!

Anyway, I was too lazy over the weekend to get up for sunrise, so here's this mornings offering, a bit of a weird one! It's like the sun is a beam from a lighthouse!

527671.JPG

• Advertisement

This sounds like it's worth a watch!

Only 2 films ever bothered me; A Serbian Film and Martyrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Last Rites scared the **** of out me but it's old now. It's based on true stories of possession in Rome.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in work, cuppa in hand, busy working on updating lecture/class material for the coming week.

'Come and See' is not an easy watch, Dave. It chronicles, through the eyes of a young boy, what happens when the Einsatzgruppen (sp) roll into a little Belarussian village. It's a totally immersive experience, and as Seph said, you would be traumatised after it, literally. I've seen it once many years ago and haven't forgotten any of it. I'd never watch it again but think it's essential viewing. To me, it's the most effective anti-war movie in existence.

Well, I've a new washing machine! The one I got has exactly the same spec as the one I was going to get but isn't in stock but because it's the end of a line (it looks a little different to the new model) it was €100 cheaper!

Plumber's been and gone. New and improved hot water tank and the kitchen ceiling won't fall in! Now all I've got to do is sort out the mess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Jaysus people's Facebook profile pics can be so pretentious/ cringe. Just seen a few suggested friends there and it's like, here's me laughing at someone off camera to the side ( while thinking possible profile pic right here ). Here's me standing in water at the bottom of a waterfall looking up to the sky with a shard of light shining down on me like I'm the second coming :pac:

'Come and See' is not an easy watch, Dave. It chronicles, through the eyes of a young boy, what happens when the Einsatzgruppen (sp) roll into a little Belarussian village. It's a totally immersive experience, and as Seph said, you would be traumatised after it, literally. I've seen it once many years ago and haven't forgotten any of it. I'd never watch it again but think it's essential viewing. To me, it's the most effective anti-war movie in existence.

I am going to watch it this evening. There's another absolutely shocking War movie called Men Behind the Sun, I should have mentioned it in my last post as it's a true story, but it's horrific. It should definitely be seen, it's about experiments carried out on Chinese people by the Japanese.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Metal Dave you take good pics!

Jaysus people's Facebook profile pics can be so pretentious/ cringe. Just seen a few suggested friends there and it's like, here's me laughing at someone off camera to the side ( while thinking possible profile pic right here ). Here's me standing in water at the bottom of a waterfall looking up to the sky with a shard of light shining down on me like I'm the second coming :pac:

Here's me 25 years ago when I had no grey, no wrinkles and 5 less stone! ( No, based on that pic, I don't want to get reacquainted, you're clearly still a prat!)

I am going to watch it this evening. There's another absolutely shocking War movie called Men Behind the Sun, I should have mentioned it in my last post as it's a true story, but it's horrific. It should definitely be seen, it's about experiments carried out on Chinese people by the Japanese.

How are you accessing it? It's very difficult to find it online but then you know about these things, don't you? Be prepared. You say 'Martyrs' got to you, it's like Bosco next to this.

• Advertisement

How are you accessing it? It's very difficult to find it online but then you know about these things, don't you? Be prepared. You say 'Martyrs' got to you, it's like Bosco next to this.

Everything is somewhere on the internet ;) I see it's on Amazon, for £27!! Pricy!

Yeah, Martyrs got to me, but not in a shocking way... more like, how do people think of this stuff? Kind of way.. I'll report back on Come and See after.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement