Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sardonicat wrote: »
    God bless you Grace, I won't be doing that! Would you not even get yourself an old twin tub that you can attach to the taps.? It's still hard work but not as back breaking as scrubbing outside in a tub! You can still get them (twin tubs)

No, my new Hotpoint has already been chosen and the fantastic Mr. Sardonicat should be connecting it tomorrow.

I keep forgetting you folk do not know re island life! Getting anything big over here.... And I keep forgetting how things are over there

I quite enjoy my washerwoman life... I really do. Relaxing ….and when I was a child there were no washing machines around, then later only twin tubs.

Getting a plumber means he has to be here the whole day with the ferries.. The gas fitter wanted E300 to connect my E200 stove ..Someone sorted that... We are in negotiation re a plumber. There has never been a washing machine here so not just a connection job.

On a scale of 1-10 it rates about 2 for me.

But glad that you are sorted

Enjoy the new machine!

Jacob says goodnight...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Just reminded me of something there Seph...

527584.png

Ahahaha I saw that the other day..............its totally untrue of course :3 :pac:

Graces7 wrote: »
    Jacob says goodnight...

Awww, so warm and snuggly looking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

I got the Velvet Underground providing a scenic audio background to my performing miracles in the kitchen.

Like Marco Pierre White here aswell headband and all with Elbow as the soundtrack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@graces7, have you tried putting the machine outside, turn it on and fill it using a jug through the washing powder slot? The remaining water will just exit to the yard.

Finally sitting. Jaysus I'm waek. You know when you've been ages cooking something and by the time you've it done, you're gone beyond the hunger and are kind of headachey and not in the mood for it ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Onshuh wrote: »
    Finally sitting. Jaysus I'm waek. You know when you've been ages cooking something and by the time you've it done, you're gone beyond the hunger and are kind of headachey and not in the mood for it ugh

This is why I no longer do Sunday Roasts. All morning cooking, finally get to sit down to eat it and you don't even want it anymore, then all afternoon cleaning up. These days I have it delivered. It's an extravagance but you know what? I deserve one once a week.!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭thomil

Not cooking myself, but just finished giving the place a good deep clean. My feet and I are only communicating via solicitors' letters at the moment :pac:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Sardonicat wrote:
    This is why I no longer do Sunday Roasts. All morning cooking, finally get to sit down to eat it and you don't even want it anymore, then all afternoon cleaning up. These days I have it delivered. It's an extravagance but you know what? I deserve one once a week.!

Ah I normally don't mind but I cut and strimmed the grass beforehand. Hence the waekness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,856 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Collecting chinese here , spice bag and curry sauce for me , chicken curry noodle box for son .

Ah I normally don't mind but I cut and strimmed the grass beforehand. Hence the waekness

You're not washing up as well, are you!?

Sardonicat wrote:
    You're not washing up as well, are you!?

I kind of clear as I go, throwing stuff in the dishwasher. I usually don't find the clear up too bad to be honest.

Edit: the missus is loading up the rest in the dishwasher there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭3d4life

thomil wrote: »
    .... My feet and I are only communicating via solicitors' letters at the moment :pac:

:D:D:D

Your feet may have started a thread on the Legal Forum

smurfjed wrote: »
    @graces7, have you tried putting the machine outside, turn it on and fill it using a jug through the washing powder slot? The remaining water will just exit to the yard.

What an... interesting idea! But no! I could not move it that far and.. long cable? .. lol.... Just.. no! Or am I misreading you? Actually it saves on the ESB bill and is better for the environment... No big deal, handwashing, and I am on my own.. And am well used to it after 4 years..

Every household out here has a special bucket for gathering sea food eg mussels; very wide and deep and it is perfect.

And given the way deep rural and island men can be, it is far less hassle to handwash than try to negotiate with them. The ferryman owes me , so we shall see yet. Working on my paying for the parts as I did with the gas cooker way back.

Life here is a very different life! I love it. lol...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with toasted samich ham and cheese toasted on the foreman and wedges.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside with toasted samich ham and cheese toasted on the foreman and wedges.

Surely you will tell us the name/style of the ingredients no?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Lovely relaxing day, just about to order a few new books online to see me through the next few weeks, love going through the lists and seeing what's been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Watching The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. Fooking grim from start to finish, but sometimes you just need it. A real bring you back to earth experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

GoneHome wrote: »
    Lovely relaxing day, just about to order a few new books online to see me through the next few weeks, love going through the lists and seeing what's been released.

Book depository are doing a10% discount with code IE10.
    I find them grand, though delivery is a bit slow and can arrive in multiple deliveries, but with wfh always someone in.

• Advertisement

I kind of clear as I go, throwing stuff in the dishwasher. I usually don't find the clear up too bad to be honest.

Edit: the missus is loading up the rest in the dishwasher there now.

The kitchen looks like the aftermath of an explosion when I'm finished cooking. I can't quite manage to clean as I go. Whenever I try I ruin the food. I definitely cannot multi-task!

I'm still trying to sort out the contents of hotpress.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Watching The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. Fooking grim from start to finish, but sometimes you just need it. A real bring you back to earth experience.

Have you ever seen 'Come and See'? Definitely something everyone should watch, but only once.

Just homeside, unexpectedly went out and had 2 pints,one in a hotel and the second sitting outside a pub with a burger and chips from the resident chip van, really lovely and surprisingly warm, tipsy enough and need to set my alarm for 6.45am, I'd love a long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Bed side with one hot water bottle at my feet and one at my hip. I'm in agony. Ongoing issue but it's getting worse. :(

Surely you will tell us the name/style of the ingredients no?.

Ham freshly gotten today, Jack McCarthy Ham from Kanturk here Cork, only Cork's finest ham, cheese was mature cheddar from west cork, matured for 10 years, sourdough bread freshly baked today and sliced professionally by moi in the machine yolk like, the wedges were spicy and cooked in the oven, the samich was grilled by good auld georgey boi foreman! the cupan tae consisted of a single bag from the red box of Barry's tea bag, it was left in there for about 2 minutes and was nice strong and full of flavour! How was that gremlin :pac:?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, back in my own apartment, hoping for a normal week next week

Sardonicat wrote:
    The kitchen looks like the aftermath of an explosion when I'm finished cooking. I can't quite manage to clean as I go. Whenever I try I ruin the food. I definitely cannot multi-task!

Once I get the trays in the oven I clear up the mess before it's ready.

I will add, while it might sound like I'm a hero doing lots of jobs, while I'm doing them jobs the missus is minding a one and a three year old which would tire the sh!te out of you too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I have a bunch of books to sell somewhere and can't decide where. Amazon is out because you seem to need to be a business. EBay is a candidate at the moment. Need to look up the likes of Abe and that but it seems like way too much effort when I'm in a partial food coma.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bed side with one hot water bottle at my feet and one at my hip. I'm in agony. Ongoing issue but it's getting worse. :(

Oh Paws :( have you got yourself into the health system over there? Pain is horrible to live with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ham freshly gotten today, Jack McCarthy Ham from Kanturk here Cork, only Cork's finest ham, cheese was mature cheddar from west cork, matured for 10 years, sourdough bread freshly baked today and sliced professionally by moi in the machine yolk like, the wedges were spicy and cooked in the oven, the samich was grilled by good auld georgey boi foreman! the cupan tae consisted of a single bag from the red box of Barry's tea bag, it was left in there for about 2 minutes and was nice strong and full of flavour! How was that gremlin :pac:?

It was on sale for half price as it was close-dated in Dunnes more like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement